or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "Necessary" Sport Coats:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Necessary" Sport Coats: - Page 4

post #46 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Uh oh. We have a more foo than foo foo.


How the hell did you draw those red lines so fast? That would have taken me at least twenty minutes. Of course, I would have anti-aliased them to smooth out the pixelation and I would have made sure all the arrowheads were the same, but still.

Also, will you please correct "their" to "there" in my post that you quoted? It's really upsetting me. I corrected it in the original post quickly enough such that it doesn't say it's been edited. I feel that it's only fair that your quoted version reflect that.
post #47 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Hey, I'm not the one wearing the wretched rag. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters--to you. But because I care about this community and the promotion of un-ugly odd jackets, I will continue to hunt down your posts supporting this abomination and counter them with acute, unabashed hate. If you see the light one day, that will just be icing on the cake. Believe it or not, I care about your soul, too.

Get help, Foo. For reals.
post #48 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Get help, Foo. For reals.

No. You get help. YOU get help.
post #49 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Get help, Foo. For reals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
No. You get help. YOU get help.




- B
post #50 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post

Can I be the crab? He's clearly a badass and winning.
post #51 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Can I be the crab? He's clearly a badass and winning.
Figures you'd want to be the creature with the freakishly large head and hands.
post #52 of 204
In a brief answer to the OP, I think only two "must have" odd jackets every man should possess is the classic navy blazer and an earth-tone jacket in a heavier fabric, probably a tweed or maybe a cashmere blend. Thereafter, his individual wants and tastes should guide him. In just over three weeks I plan to order a couple more jackets from my buddies in Kowloon when Patrick Chu stops in Beverly Hills. One will be a 15-ounce Harris tweed, and I'm not sure of the other. It will probably be in a fabric from the H&S "Peacock V," the P&H "Glorious Twelfth" or the Sherry Tweed II collections. These will be jackets 14 & 15 from Chan alone.

So, to the OP, be aware that getting jackets can become quite addictive.
post #53 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Get help, Foo. For reals.

We'll all need help here soon if you keep posting pics of that abominable mess.
post #54 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
We'll all need help here soon if you keep posting pics of that abominable mess.

Waaaa, waaaa...
post #55 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
These are perfectly nice and nobody with any taste will ever fault them, but it seems to me that odd jackets should be more . . . odd.

Still, if your style leans toward the more quiet, and particularly if you wear bigger shirt patterns, these are great. I wear the same shirts with everything, so I require my jackets to do really change the tone of my outfits.

makes sense

this is supposed to be a thread about basic sportcoats so I'm just throwing out examples for newbies to consider as staples (as opposed to what's on WAYWN which is more of a fashion show)

next sportcoat for me: green Harris Tweed and then a trip to Italy this fall for more daring fabrics from Biela mills

post #56 of 204
^^^ I like the idea of having staples in your wardrobe, but I'm not the biggest fan of prioritzing the staples. A blue blazer is a safe choice, but how many times will you absolutely need to wear it? Usually, another odd jacket will work in the same instance. I figure that odd jackets are naturally worn in more casual environments to begin with, so why worry so much about wearing something plain?
post #57 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
^^^ I like the idea of having staples in your wardrobe, but I'm not the biggest fan of prioritzing the staples. A blue blazer is a safe choice, but how many times will you absolutely need to wear it? Usually, another odd jacket will work in the same instance. I figure that odd jackets are naturally worn in more casual environments to begin with, so why worry so much about wearing something plain?

I work in finance, so casual is a bit different than what casual for northern CA would normally be (ie. Silicon Valley)

hence the lack of anything too dramatic
post #58 of 204
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all the suggestions so far--and the foo / moo argument is getting quite hysterical. At least the thread is not completely derailed .
post #59 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions so far--and the foo / moo argument is getting quite hysterical. At least the thread is not completely derailed .

You're better off getting basic suits than odd jackets.

Serious. You will look better dressing down a suit than dressing down a jacket.

This is very anti-foo.


- B
post #60 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_1 View Post
I work in finance, so casual is a bit different than what casual for northern CA would normally be (ie. Silicon Valley)

hence the lack of anything too dramatic

Green Harris tweed - with mid grey flannels, pale blue shirt and solid navy tie, along with tobacco suede half brogues. Wonderful.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "Necessary" Sport Coats: