• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies that blow

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ok well having just wasted 2 hours of my life on Aeon Flux yesterday (oh Charlize why?), thought I would start a caution thread for SFers on movies we have wasted money on and would advise other members to steer well clear of.

Who else has seen something that sucked lately?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seven Swords. Worst film I have ever seen in my entire life. Hong Kong's answer to The Lord of the Rings indeed.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I thought Ernest Goes to Camp was pretty bad.

Oh, wait, you said "lately."

Tyto

Reaction score
Crash--avoid it, despite the win. A movie with "deep statement" pretensions that ultimately falls flat from ham-handed writing and acting and a parade of two-dimensional characters. Almost as bad as Falling Down.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tyto
Crash--avoid it, despite the win. A movie with "deep statement" pretensions that ultimately falls flat from ham-handed writing and acting and a parade of two-dimensional characters. Almost as bad as Falling Down.

No offense Tyto, but DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS MAN PEOPLE

sly.gif

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Jenna Depraved. You wanna talk about blowing
wow.gif

...sucking, too.

modsquad

Reaction score
Natalie Portman is one of those actresses who is unquestionably beautiful but just doesn't do much for me. Jessica Alba the same thing. They are gorgeous, but not in a way that intrigues me or excites any fantasies. Just me, of course.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll avoid listing movies that sucked but we knew were going to anyways (i.e. anything with Pauly Shore). Thus, a list of some of my most hated:

- Bram Stoker's Dracula (FFC version)

- Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (FFC version)

- Sidwalks of New York (New York yuppies blathering on about relationships)

- All three Star Wars "prequels"

- The Doors

- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

- Natural Born Killers (absolute dreck)

- JFK (for everything but the cinematography, which was brilliant, until I saw Nixon, when it became a little less brilliant - can you tell I have a problem with Oliver Stone?)

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Akira Kurosawa's "Dreams"

One of the worst movies I've seen, and given the hype, a greater disappointment than some other stinkers I've wasted my time on, because my expectations were high for this one.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I thought Ernest Goes to Camp was pretty bad.

Oh, wait, you said "lately."

Hey, no need to talk smack about "Ernest Goes to Camp". Give me the comic stylings of Jim Varney over Jim Carrey's grating nonsense any day. "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" easily makes my worst movies list. And the much-vaunted "Truman Show" was a waste of two hours. Most everything the film had to offer was contained in the trailer.

I'm all but alone in this, but I truly despised the first "Lord of the Rings" movie. In retrospect, as part of a much greater whole, it's ... functional, but it completely fails for me as a stand-alone film.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai
Akira Kurosawa's "Dreams"

One of the worst movies I've seen, and given the hype, a greater disappointment than some other stinkers I've wasted my time on, because my expectations were high for this one.

That was one of the movies you were supposed to watch stoned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads