or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Movies that blow
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Movies that blow - Page 26

post #376 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Jenna Depraved. You wanna talk about blowing

She's done almost all lesbo the last few years (or so I'm told, I'd never watch her movies )

In addition she looks like she's on speed these days:



Now of course you might be referring to Jenna Haze, who is very talented in her own right!

Back to the original post. Unless someone has just smoked a joint, I thought Borat was not real funny and highly overrated.
post #377 of 718
Thread Starter 
yeah she shows up at every UFC on the arm of beau du jour Tito Ortiz and the camera always goes to her and Joe Rogan makes some comment. I just think 'but she just looks like a surgeried-up heroin skank to me'
post #378 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T View Post
I just think 'but she just looks like a surgeried-up heroin skank to me'
+1. And her facial expression in that picture looks ...gross.

About movies that suck balls, "300" should pretty high on the list. Never having high expectations, yet walking out of the theatre I just want that 2 hours of life back.
post #379 of 718
300 is possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.

It's basically "Triumph of the Will" for the new millennium.

The visuals are coo, other than that a complete waste.
Terrible dialogue and "feel", all you can imagine is how foolish the actors must have felt while delivering their ridiculous war chants and lame smart alecy retorts.

I never thought I'd feel this way going in, but I understand why Persians and non-europeans might be pissed at this. It was a pretty lame "the west and enlightenment" v. "the swarthy dark people from the east" retread.

If I must use hyperbole, this was seriously Hitler-esq.
A Military state that openly exhorts eugenics fields an army of glistening, buff white men to outsmart and destroy an army of blacks, asians and middle easterners, who are, when needed androgynous, lecherous and for some reasons full of disfigured and deformed soldiers and performers.

Had you told me I'd write something Like the last few lines before I saw the film, I'd say you're crazy (I dismissed all that Lord of the Rings is a racist war on terror analogy as B.S.).

Oh, and the political overtones ("the council won't support the king's war")a s well as the constant "we're fighting FOR democracy and freedom against an evil religious force from the Middle east" stuff was stupid, as well as poorly done.
and I'm someone who generally supports Bush's foreign policy, Iraq and the fight against radical islam.

Besides all the political stuff, except for the visuals it was just kinda lame. Like you know when you see a sports movie, or a battle scene out of context and instead of cheering for whomever you're supposed to, or feeling goosebumps it just seems manufactured and ridiculous? that's 300.
post #380 of 718
the holy mountain...

Holy shit. Almost two hours of my life I will never see again...
post #381 of 718
The film Crash is the equivalent of Robin Givhan's Pulitzer Prize.

Both were highly undeserved Black things that simply received their prizes because they were Black. Any gravitas or incidence of pathos were the residue of the abortion that is their "success".
post #382 of 718
Running with Scissors (Annette Bening, Alec Baldwin, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc.)
The book was hilarious, albeit disturbing. The movie... terrible. I finally put it on fast-forward to skim the last 1/4.
Boring, pedantic acting but without the wit of, say, The Royal Tenenbaums.
post #383 of 718
yesterday i saw napoleon dynamite, batman begins, and talladega nights. they all blow, though none of them blows hard.
post #384 of 718
I saw part of talledega nights last night and yeah, it did blow. Batman Begins I liked.
post #385 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta View Post
yesterday i saw napoleon dynamite, batman begins, and talladega nights. they all blow, though none of them blows hard.

batman begins doesnt blow. dont diss the CB
post #386 of 718
I thought 300 rocked - but then, I was blasted on raki. Which was intended, because otherwise I think I would have loathed it. You have to be trashed to enjoy a film like that!

As far as the racist thing - don't be silly! Do you want them to do a PC version with a multi-racial cast of Greeks and some evil white Persians?? The Persian army was pulled from the nations from Anatolia to Egypt to Afghanistan. I thought they got a pretty good cross-section. Sparta is one (small) city. Of course they'll look the same!
post #387 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
I saw part of talledega nights last night and yeah, it did blow. Batman Begins I liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshock View Post
batman begins doesnt blow. dont diss the CB

batman begins blows. the beginning was okay, but why is katie holmes in this movie? she is not a good actress and she is not pretty to look at. she's useless.

the part where the scarecrow comes after her on his horse and he's talking smack about how she is going to suffer and then she quite simply tasers his mask and he rides off defeated. that was lame.

and if the plan was to stop the monorail from reaching wayne tower by knocking out the rail towers, what was the point of batman boarding the monorail to fight the bad guy? lame.
post #388 of 718
Shanghai Knights. Really cheesy.
post #389 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto86 View Post
I thought 300 rocked - but then, I was blasted on raki. Which was intended, because otherwise I think I would have loathed it. You have to be trashed to enjoy a film like that!

As far as the racist thing - don't be silly! Do you want them to do a PC version with a multi-racial cast of Greeks and some evil white Persians?? The Persian army was pulled from the nations from Anatolia to Egypt to Afghanistan. I thought they got a pretty good cross-section. Sparta is one (small) city. Of course they'll look the same!

SPAAAAAAAAARRRRTAAAAAAAAAA!
post #390 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta View Post
batman begins blows. the beginning was okay, but why is katie holmes in this movie? she is not a good actress and she is not pretty to look at. she's useless.

the part where the scarecrow comes after her on his horse and he's talking smack about how she is going to suffer and then she quite simply tasers his mask and he rides off defeated. that was lame.

and if the plan was to stop the monorail from reaching wayne tower by knocking out the rail towers, what was the point of batman boarding the monorail to fight the bad guy? lame.

I agree with all your points, but having Michael Caine, Rutger Hauer, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, Ken Watanabe, Morgan Freeman and Tom Wilkinson more than made up for any of those perceived shortcomings you mentioned.

koji
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Movies that blow