or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Movies that blow
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Movies that blow - Page 18

post #256 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy
that "the punisher" movie. total trainwreck. thomas jane is the new post-highlander christopher lambert. rebecca romijn successfully placed herself in the hollywood feeding trough a few notches lower, john travolta an overweight sadistic crime lord?, and the forgettable secondary characters are so crappy you'd wish everyone dies in the end!


But was it better than the Dolph Lundgren "Punisher" movie? I think it was, by a small margin. Since the Dolph Lundgren movie really had absolutely NOTHING to do with The Punisher.

post #257 of 718
Ooh! But it had Lou Gossett, Jr.! And the DVD includes the German language theatrical trailer!!!!
post #258 of 718
Speaking of bad Louis Gossett, Jr. movies, anyone here remember Enemy Mine with LGJ and Dennis Quaid? Shudderingly horrible.

I still don't know how LGJ ever got that oscar - it's as if a journeyman middle reliever threw a no hitter during a spot start.
post #259 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZ
Speaking of bad Louis Gossett, Jr. movies, anyone here remember Enemy Mine with LGJ and Dennis Quaid? Shudderingly horrible.

I still don't know how LGJ ever got that oscar - it's as if a journeyman middle reliever threw a no hitter during a spot start.

and don't forget iron eagle and iron eagle 2!

though he did a movie with chuck norris, too, firewalker. so that redeems himself.
post #260 of 718
WOW!

i'll go with:

Rumplestilskin, with such great taglines as F**keth Me!

Mitchell, with Joe Don Baker. MST3K said it best, "Never corner Mitchell, see how he reacts!!"

Leprechaun in the Hood!

i also hated lost in translation, pearl harbor, and kindergarten cop.

but REALLY: WHO framed roger rabbit? i dont buy that it was christopher lloyd's character. jessica was playing patty cake with other TOONS in TOONLAND.
post #261 of 718
Hercules in New York has got to be the worst movie ever made. The only time I ever saw it, I was shanghaied into watching it on Japanese TV by a six-year-old while I was tripping on mushrooms.
post #262 of 718
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Hercules in New York has got to be the worst movie ever made. The only time I ever saw it, I was shanghaied into watching it on Japanese TV by a six-year-old while I was tripping on mushrooms.
yeah i like being an expat too
post #263 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Hercules in New York has got to be the worst movie ever made. The only time I ever saw it, I was shanghaied into watching it on Japanese TV by a six-year-old while I was tripping on mushrooms.
While I haven't seen that movie, I find it hard to believe it could be worse (cheesier, worse acted, worse written, lower production values) than the Hercules movies made with Lou Ferrigno, Arnie's erstwhile rival, around the same time, complete with porno 'stache and his hurling his enemies deep into outer space.

Leprechaun in the Hood? The mind boggles.
post #264 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman
While I haven't seen that movie, I find it hard to believe it could be worse (cheesier, worse acted, worse written, lower production values) than the Hercules movies made with Lou Ferrigno, Arnie's erstwhile rival, around the same time, complete with porno 'stache and his hurling his enemies deep into outer space.

Leprechaun in the Hood? The mind boggles.

Sounds like they were in a race to the bottom. Perhaps we should let the RJ cat adjudicate.
post #265 of 718
You guys should just be happy the A-Team was never made into a feature film.
post #266 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnapril
You guys should just be happy the A-Team was never made into a feature film.

I'll remember this when I count my blessings.
post #267 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnapril
You guys should just be happy the A-Team was never made into a feature film.

With Hollywood's current attraction to making '70s and '80s era television shows into feature films, I fear it's only a matter of time (besides, what else does Dirk Benedict have to do at this point?).
post #268 of 718
Thread Starter 
so i just saw this commercial:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-testicle-voice movie announcer guy
Steven Seagal is out of his depth in Submerged

im so there
post #269 of 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZ
With Hollywood's current attraction to making '70s and '80s era television shows into feature films, I fear it's only a matter of time (besides, what else does Dirk Benedict have to do at this point?).

indeed, a google search reveals that a feature film is in the works, although it has been so for the past 6 years or so. they hired a writer 2 years ago.

miami vice is coming up soon.

i'm holding my breath for 21 jump street.
post #270 of 718
Thread Starter 
Just watched Troy on HBO. Blow side of center.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Movies that blow