or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Where are we in the styleforum / iGent MC hype cycle?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where are we in the styleforum / iGent MC hype cycle? - Page 3

post #31 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post
Where you lead, none dare follow, Moo.

I hate you.
post #32 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
I hate you.
Ooh. Harsh.
post #33 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
When did these make an appearance?

Didn't E. Harris have his initials done?

But, in smaller time footwear, I think this is the Barker Black medallion:



Also, the Gieves buckshot:



ASCII art on the toe is still up for grabs.

- B
post #34 of 667
Thread Starter 
............................................________
....................................,.-"˜"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\\....../\\
.............\\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\\_......`\\,.................................\\
...................`=~-,,.\\,...............................\\
................................`:,,...........................`\\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\\..........._,-%.......`\\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\\
post #35 of 667
Pre-buzz: roped shoulders, white shirts

I'd say knit ties are way past "saturation point." They're even past "backlash."

Backlash: G&G

I don't really see longwings as being overhyped. There's a core group of devotees -- and a rather vocal advocate in Mafoo -- but they have as many detractors as proponents.
post #36 of 667
^^ Vass could do that if only you spoke Hungarian.

- B
post #37 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Pre-buzz: roped shoulders, white shirts

I'd say knit ties are way past "saturation point." They're even past "backlash."

Backlash: G&G

I don't really see longwings as being overhyped. There's a core group of devotees -- and a rather vocal advocate in Mafoo -- but they have as many detractors as proponents.

I've been wearing white shirts a lot recently, and have returned to knit ties over the past few weeks. I also ordered my first G&Gs a month or so back. No roped shoulders, thank you.
post #38 of 667
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I don't really see longwings as being overhyped. There's a core group of devotees -- and a rather vocal advocate in Mafoo -- but they have as many detractors as proponents.
That's kind of the point of that part of the curve, no? Declining hype level with growing detractor contingent.

I didn't notice the strong backlash against knit ties yet either...

Anyway - what are your picks for rave, saturation and overhyped?
post #39 of 667
Wait, what the hell makes me the backlash to the backlash? I don't even know what that means.
post #40 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Wait, what the hell makes me the backlash to the backlash? I don't even know what that means.
If a tree falls in the forest......
post #41 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I've been wearing white shirts a lot recently, and have returned to knit ties over the past few weeks. I also ordered my first G&Gs a month or so back. No roped shoulders, thank you.
Roped shoulders, Oh Em Gee, I forgot about roped shoulders. OMG, Weeeeeeee Man, the fashions in this fashion eschewing community change faster than the designers can keep up with.
post #42 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Also, the Gieves buckshot:
Buckshot, lol! Brilliant! I'm a sucker for the "I just &%#@in' shot myself" look
post #43 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
That's kind of the point of that part of the curve, no? Declining hype level with growing detractor contingent.

Mafoo is an unfair variable. Some folks seem to hate on what he likes just because he likes it, or because of the way he likes it. Really, I tend to think longwings/clunky shoes are just now gaining momentum.

Quote:
I didn't notice the strong backlash against knit ties yet either...

Anyway - what are your picks for rave, saturation and overhyped?

The backlash against knits came once everyone bought them and then stopped wearing them. It was a somber affair, in which little needed to be said about this relationship that had come to an end. (I grew tired of them when they were being posted every day but have since started wearing them again.)

I'll have to think about the other categories.
post #44 of 667
pre-buzz - this thread. buzz - old posters returning from neverland (welcome back). rave review - bespoke dinner jackets, ambrosi trousers. backlash to the backlash - french shoes.

trust me, I'm an expert.
post #45 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
^^ Vass could do that if only you spoke Hungarian.

- B
\t
Szeretnék én Picard cipő?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Where are we in the styleforum / iGent MC hype cycle?