or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Slam Magazine's 50 Best NBA Players
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slam Magazine's 50 Best NBA Players - Page 3

post #31 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
what's so funny fucknuts?

Having recently talked to various NYers about LeBron, I'm convinced y'all are out licking his nuts secretly in hope that "King" James would go to the Knicks in a few years.

I love Magic, but he'd be vulnerable to the same criticism rained upon Nash: no D. Stockton is rated too high, same w/ Duncan, albeit the latter only slightly. Boring is in I guess.
post #32 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
^kidding?

i think these kinds of lists are unfair when you are comparing people who finished their careers with players who are still developing their careers.
in a few years who knows lebron will be in the top 10. we got to see them as a consummate whole and imo i think kobe should be 1 or 2 after his career is done with.
post #33 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
kobe bryant should definitely be higher. perhaps 1 or 2
Srsly? Higher than Wilt, Jordan, Chamberlain, Magic, and Oscar? That's a bit too much Laker love.
post #34 of 124
i think wilt redefined his position helped redefine the league IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
Thaat far above Wilt? I think you could make an argument.
post #35 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy View Post
The guy averaged 35/9/7 in the playoffs. What more could he do? Will you give him personal credit if the Cavs get him some quality supporting players and he wins a title then? Or does he have to lead four lumps of shit to a title to get credit?

A dozen of players put up dashing stats every year on bad teams too, all but a handful who later join winning systems where they put up less eyepopping numbers become forgotten. What's your point again?
post #36 of 124
i'm not a knicks fan, i just think lebron is that good.


Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
Having recently talked to various NYers about LeBron, I'm convinced y'all are out licking his nuts secretly in hope that "King" James would go to the Knicks in a few years.

I love Magic, but he'd be vulnerable to the same criticism rained upon Nash: no D. Stockton is rated too high, same w/ Duncan, albeit the latter only slightly. Boring is in I guess.
post #37 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
A dozen of players put up dashing stats every year on bad teams too, all but a handful who later join winning systems where they put up less eyepopping numbers become forgotten. What's your point again?

That's the thing: no one has put up the numbers that he has, especially at his age. You give players individual credit when they join better teams? That's absurd. How about rating players on their individual value added?
post #38 of 124
Pretty good list. Nice to see Timmy D. getting some love. He is criminally underappreciated due to the lack of flash in his game. I would like to see Olajuwon a couple of places higher. He won two NBA titles with no other stars on his team besides an aging Clyde Drexler on the second title team. I think a lot of people undervalue these titles because Jordan was playing baseball at the time.
post #39 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy View Post
That's the thing: no one has put up the numbers that he has, especially at his age. You give players individual credit when they join better teams? That's absurd. How about rating players on their individual value added?

1. Oscar Robertson

2. Basketball is a team game. Rating its participants merely on "individual value added", however flawed it is measured, is absurd.
post #40 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
i'll go:

1. mj
2. wilt
3. magic
4. bird
5. kareem
6. lbj
7. russell
8. oscar
9. duncan
10. stockton

Also Kunk, you have Stockton with no Malone? My earlier question still remains, how can you put Magic above Kareem when Magic didn't win anything without Kareem? Also, how can you put LBJ above Olajuwon?
post #41 of 124


post #42 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
1. Oscar Robertson

2. Basketball is a team game. Rating its participants merely on "individual value added", however flawed it is measured, is absurd.

exactly. it's team game so you should not judge players on how many championships but how they play as individuals. if michael jordan had spent his career with the clippers, he'd have zero titles, but he would have been the same player. why penalize his legacy because of his teammates?
post #43 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
1. Oscar Robertson

The NBA averaged 27 more FGA per game in Robertson's time than it does now. Adjust for pace.
post #44 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta View Post
exactly. it's team game so you should not judge players on how many championships but how they play as individuals. if michael jordan had spent his career with the clippers, he'd have zero titles, but he would have been the same player. why penalize his legacy because of his teammates?

The Bulls sucked royally during Jordan's first 10 years.




Are you even a basketball fan anyway?
post #45 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
My earlier question still remains, how can you put Magic above Kareem when Magic didn't win anything without Kareem?
Wayne Gretzky never won a Stanley Cup without Mark Messier. Messier won a Stanley Cup without Gretzky. Does it follow that Messier is a greater hockey player than Gretzky?

Not saying that Kareem doesn't deserve to be above Magic, just that titles won together and apart shouldn't be the decisive factor in ranking players.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Slam Magazine's 50 Best NBA Players