or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Cheap raw denim?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cheap raw denim?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
I really want a pair of raw denim, but every pair that I find is over $100. I really want to spend around $100, but I don't think that it's gonna happen. I found a pair that is supposedly "raw" that is at Target, but I don't think they're raw. Here's the link: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000CC3DLY My main thing is that I really don't what to spend $100+ on raw denim, mainly cause it would take me at least three months to save up save up for denim like Nudie and Acne. So my question is that is there a pair of jeans that is for sale online or that I can go out and buy in a store. I live pretty close to four differnet malls (for those of you who know the area around East Brunswick the malls are Brunswick Square, Woodbridge Center, Menlo Park Mall, and Freehold Raceway Mall) and I live near close to two different outlet malls (Jackson Outlets and Jersey Gardens). Is there a such thing as cheap raw denim or is it just a myth? Edit: Are there any good stores in these malls or outlets that sell raw denim?
post #2 of 21
- Edwins
- Uniqlo
- Levis STF 501xx (quintessal cheap raw denim)
- Older Earnest Sewn which can be bought online for cheap(correct me if I'm wrong good gentlemen)
post #3 of 21
what about original Levis 501 shrink to fits? $35 at most Sears or JCPenney. Cheap and raw denim.
post #4 of 21
If you're in New Jersey and you don't mind looser cuts, Uniqlo is probably the best way to go. You can also find Levi's Shrink-to-Fit pretty easily, but be prepared for generally very low quality fabric. If you can go higher to around $100, that can get you a pair of Levi's Premium or Acne if you poke around a bit.
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdnjfan1

Those aren't raw, they are already faded!
post #6 of 21
Thread Starter 
Oddly, yeah I had a feeling that they weren't, but wanted to double check. I'll check out the shrink to fits when ever I get the chance, considering that I go back to school next week, so I have no free time until after school ends with work added into the mix. Thanks.

Flame, where can I find the older ES and how much do they generally run for.
post #7 of 21
I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, but do you know what raw denim is? Anyway, the obvious cheap choice is Levis' STF. You could buy them online, or pretty much anywhere that sells jeans that people work in. Army-Navy stores, lower end department stores, Western-wear stores, etc.
post #8 of 21
I believe levi's outlets sell their "premium" raw denim for less than $100
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
I believe levi's outlets sell their "premium" raw denim for less than $100
Yah i got my pair of Rigid Skinners at a Levis outlet for $30USD.
post #10 of 21
Go to Uniqlo and check out what they have. The Shuttle Denim selvage model is cut like an old 501 and the Ring Denim one-rinse (but still very dark and stiff) is a lot like a non-tapered APC New Standard. If they have these in NJ you are so much better off with these than crappy new Levi's (meaning the ones you find at Sears, etc., not LVC).
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
Go to Uniqlo and check out what they have. The Shuttle Denim selvage model is cut like an old 501 and the Ring Denim one-rinse (but still very dark and stiff) is a lot like a non-tapered APC New Standard. If they have these in NJ you are so much better off with these than crappy new Levi's (meaning the ones you find at Sears, etc., not LVC).

I dont think they have them in NJ, j. He already went out and bought some UNiQLO slevage jeans that were pre-distressed.
post #12 of 21
I thought the only Uniqlo stores currently in the US were in NJ?
post #13 of 21
Go back to Uniqlo and get the one-rinse. Not sure if it's the ring denim version J mentioned--they're not marked as such--but they'll wear like raw jeans.
post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 
There are three here in NJ. The closest one is in menlo, if I ever get a day off or I work a night shift, I'll take a ride up there and see if I can find them.

J:
Where on the jean rack is the one wash located? I brought a pair of the Shuttle Selvage in boot cut, but I didn't see the one wash in freehold.

I'm gonna have to try on the 501s, I think I might have to buy them in a 30, cause I have the feeling that my usual waist of 29 might be a little tight. Thanks again guys. If there are any others let me know.
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdnjfan1
There are three here in NJ. The closest one is in menlo, if I ever get a day off or I work a night shift, I'll take a ride up there and see if I can find them.

J:
Where on the jean rack is the one wash located? I brought a pair of the Shuttle Selvage in boot cut, but I didn't see the one wash in freehold.

I'm gonna have to try on the 501s, I think I might have to buy them in a 30, cause I have the feeling that my usual waist of 29 might be a little tight. Thanks again guys. If there are any others let me know.

weirdnjfan1, make sure to get them with a long inseam, they shrink 2-3 inches after washing. Get a waist size 1-inch large as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Cheap raw denim?