or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Images from The London Cut
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Images from The London Cut - Page 3

post #31 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post
I believe that's the "Astaire" model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
It is indeed. I requested the same for my first jacket from them.

It is about 20x better looking than the average, closed up A&S jackets, at least to my eyes.
post #32 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff View Post
See Voxxie, you are the purveyor of iDreams.

Well its not as if I asked for the "Astaire" model like I was ordering a Ford. I just explained to John Hitchcock the elements of the garment that I wanted, I mentioned the coat in the photo...
post #33 of 118
I love those country suits.
post #34 of 118
All kinds of awesome
post #35 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
Well its not as if I asked for the "Astaire" model like I was ordering a Ford. I just explained to John Hitchcock the elements of the garment that I wanted, I mentioned the coat in the photo...
Just remember to tip your boater to the girls at the Piggly Wiggly The coat itself is fine, if limited to very weakly patterned shirts.
post #36 of 118
Is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post


the same as:



?
post #37 of 118
For the class, the suit on the left demonstrates how a women's jacket is supposed to fit. Awesome
post #38 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post



For the class, the suit on the left demonstrates how a women's jacket is supposed to fit.
Awesome

My wife has a bespoke shetland sportcoat from Dege. It fits like that and looks fantastic I have been trying to get her to order another one but she isn't interested (for some odd reason, it attracts lesbians - I have seen it in action; a group followed us from place to place on Sunday and I finally asked confronted them in a coffee shop; they were tourists, thought she looked cool so figured they might as well go where we were going- but I don't think that is the reason).

Notice the full length seams that run from top to bottom over the chest, unlike on the darts on a men's coat. Hers is cut that way as well.
post #39 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
My wife has a bespoke shetland sportcoat from Dege. It fits like that and looks fantastic I have been trying to get her to order another one but she isn't interested (for some odd reason, it attracts lesbians - I have seen it in action; a group followed us from place to place on Sunday and I finally asked confronted them in a coffee shop; they were tourists, thought she looked cool so figured they might as well go where we were going- but I don't think that is the reason). Notice the full length seams that run from top to bottom over the chest, unlike on the darts on a men's coat. Hers is cut that way as well.
I noticed the chest seams. It's really a necessity to get a fitted look. No wonder the lezzies like it, it's attractive for guys as well. Most attempts to do a women's jacket are a complete fail (even from good makers). It's a whole different cutting technique.
post #40 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post



For the class, the suit on the left demonstrates how a women's jacket is supposed to fit.
Awesome

I think this is the Bianca/Mick homage.

Thanks, Vox, for posting these. It's always nice to catch a glimpse of the wider spectrum of the SR experience. There's a glorious history in all that military tailoring and clothes made for now-vanished or ridiculous leisure pursuits. Heck, even the lounge suit gets more of its due here. I, of course, particularly admire the tartan offerings; a well-executed plaid and crescent pockets will win me over almost every time.
post #41 of 118
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejsek View Post
I think this is the Bianca/Mick homage.



In reality, they are remakes of Edward Sexton's white wedding three-piece suits for Lord and Lady Montagu. You can see he 1971 originals hanging behind in this shot from the Florence exhibit:



Quote:
Originally Posted by pejsek View Post
Thanks, Vox, for posting these.

You're welcome.

English tailoring is inventive and deep in a way Italian tailoring is not.

Yeah: I said that. Who wants to fight me?


- B
post #42 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post



For the class, the suit on the left demonstrates how a women's jacket is supposed to fit.
Awesome

I do like those lapels.
post #43 of 118
Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Thank you.

And sweet redemption for all those critique my Jantzen threads.
post #44 of 118
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I do like those lapels.

I would assume that you might be facile with Lord Montagu trivia.

- B
post #45 of 118
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Thank you.

And sweet redemption for all those critique my Jantzen threads.

Did I post one of those?

If so, I apologize, although I have never ordered anything from them.


- B
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Images from The London Cut