or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Should I Get a Bespoke DJ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I Get a Bespoke DJ? - Page 3

post #31 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I'm with GDL: as long as you work for rich people, just stick with RTW.

?
post #32 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
?




- B

Not what I meant, but quite funny. Unintentional setups happen when a small timer like me tries to run with the big dogs.
post #33 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Am I usually "contrarian for poops and giggles" ?

I don't think so. Sometimes you do have a habit of stating things very abruptly as though the truth should be self-evident, when (to me, anyways) it's not as self-evident. And I think "gosh, the truth isn't that self-evident, perhaps he is just joking" and so here we are. I suppose the truth just was that self-evident to you in this case.
post #34 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
?

I was just busting his balls.

Of course he should get a bespoke dinner suit: check and then mate.

Plus, why not be dressed at your best at the incineration that you insist is inevitable?


- B
post #35 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoHu View Post
Not what I meant, but quite funny. Unintentional setups happen when a small timer like me tries to run with the big dogs.

I think that the guy above is wearing a Foof dinner shirt.

- B
post #36 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Sometimes you do have a habit of stating things very abruptly
English is not my first language so it's not always intentional (although probably sometimes is...)
post #37 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I think that the guy above is wearing a Foof dinner shirt.

- B

And longwings?
post #38 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
English is not my first language so it's not always intentional (although probably sometimes is...)

You're using Yohji Yamamoto english? (much of his reputation for terseness and abrupt/cryptic answers can be attributed to his limited knowledge of english).
post #39 of 590
As long as you pick a black clothe and not midnight blue I authorize you to get one made if you ever want to. Blue DJ almost always luck cheap and not "blacker than black". Some are great though...
post #40 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoHu View Post
And longwings?

I think that he might be wearing Tuesday...maybe Thursday.

- B
post #41 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by constant struggle View Post
your wife begs you to get a new dj? how often do you wear it!

This year, probably five times. Three to five times a year is more or less typical. Used to be more frequent, but fewer social and charity events are black tie, and we have reached the stage in life where most of our friends have already gotten married, so that category of weddings has dropped out.
post #42 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
English is not my first language so it's not always intentional (although probably sometimes is...)

The way that you put things is often quite French.

In translation, that can often be abrupt...just the way that Americans often seem abrupt to the English.

- B
post #43 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I think that he might be wearing Tuesday...maybe Thursday.

- B

Unless it's the weekend, then barefoot with spray on socks.
post #44 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
This year, probably five times. Three to five times a year is more or less typical. Used to be more frequent, but fewer social and charity events are black tie, and we have reached the stage in life where most of our friends have already gotten married, so that category of weddings has dropped out.

Have you given any thought to appropriate shoes now that you are on the downhill slope of mortality?

- B
post #45 of 590
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
As long as you pick a black clothe and not midnight blue I authorize you to get one made if you ever want to. Blue DJ almost always luck cheap and not "blacker than black". Some are great though...

The Smith and Lesser midnights are really nice. In the typical dim light of a hotel ballroom, I am going to bet that they do look blacker than black. Anything brighter, and you can tell they are blue.

Still, they just look better to me than black, though since I have a hard time telling that might be psychosomatic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Should I Get a Bespoke DJ?