or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 452

post #6766 of 6832
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 

Like $5000 premium?  I'll buy at $5k.  I don't know what I'm going to do with that kind of power except end up in a body bag, but what the hell.

 

 

That's a $4,000-$5,000 premium because red/red and black/black are hard to find, especially with such low mileage. That's a lil steep if it were just some frame paint. The carbon fiber additions (oversized intake, swingarm protector, chainguard, undertail, etc.) plus the full exhaust (not slip on) make it a little more palatable

 

I agree with @Cool The Kid that the original owner got scared shitless one too many times and said, "Fuck this shit!"


Edited by Rumpelstiltskin - 8/25/16 at 5:09pm
post #6767 of 6832
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Just park a SG wherever that travertine was going.

Problem solved.

werd
post #6768 of 6832
cqxvde6wcaade1d.jpg?itok=pbavKKZx&fc=53,39

GODDAMN.
post #6769 of 6832

Looks comfy

post #6770 of 6832
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

cqxvde6wcaade1d.jpg?itok=pbavKKZx&fc=53,39

GODDAMN.

 

If any of the Big 4 brought this out, it would be referred to as a soulless anime based fantasy whose only purpose, unless it turns into a robot, is speed.  Seeing it is MV Agusta it will be lauded as innovative and forward thinking.  Either way I'd ride the piss out of it even if the front looks like a Robotech invid fighter

post #6771 of 6832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Looks like a Tron bike
FTFY
post #6772 of 6832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post
 

 

If any of the Big 4 brought this out, it would be referred to as a soulless anime based fantasy whose only purpose, unless it turns into a robot, is speed.  Seeing it is MV Agusta it will be lauded as innovative and forward thinking.  Either way I'd ride the piss out of it even if the front looks like a Robotech invid fighter

 

The headlight probably shoots lasers.

post #6773 of 6832
I'm still chewing it over. I do like that fairing configuration... would make putting a set of standard bars on it really easy. Just not sure how well that windscreen will work. Is this the official F4 replacement?
post #6774 of 6832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

I'm still chewing it over. I do like that fairing configuration... would make putting a set of standard bars on it really easy. Just not sure how well that windscreen will work. Is this the official F4 replacement?

http://www.cycleworld.com/this-is-new-mv-agusta-f4z-and-it-is-beautiful
post #6775 of 6832

Glory days

 

 

ec3eb4a3-d333-4a6b-98c1-663a6e0e23e8_zpsyrjhvqj7.jpg 

post #6776 of 6832
^^^^^^^^

THE AMERICAN DREAM.
post #6777 of 6832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

So my local dealer has a relatively untouched red w/red frame 2012 Streetfighter S with 1300 miles, full Termis (not just a slip on) and a shit ton of c/f bling.  Even has a c/f open clutch cover w/red pressure plate.This thing is perfect. The price is at a premium tho

I've always liked the SF, but like many it's more bike than I'll ever need. The Monster is on my radar again as the non-swelling tank models are now pretty affordable; there's a 2013 696 near me for just $5200 asking. Tempting and sensible (as a Duc purchase can be, anyway) but I keep getting drawn towards a couple of S2Rs in the area for around the same money, but they're smack dab in the swelling tank years, though it doesn't seem to be as big a deal here in KY/OH area, where non-ethanol gas is readily available.

I was actually going to pull the trigger on something vintage: BMW R60/2 with an R75/5 engine in it. Seller let me drive 200 miles to pick it up and then flaked on me, deciding he wanted to keep it (yet it's still on Craigslist :shrug:). According to him, I was the first person to actually show up after contacting him, and I agreed to full asking price. Didn't seem like he really wanted to sell it.
post #6778 of 6832
Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post

I've always liked the SF, but like many it's more bike than I'll ever need. The Monster is on my radar again as the non-swelling tank models are now pretty affordable; there's a 2013 696 near me for just $5200 asking. Tempting and sensible (as a Duc purchase can be, anyway) but I keep getting drawn towards a couple of S2Rs in the area for around the same money, but they're smack dab in the swelling tank years, though it doesn't seem to be as big a deal here in KY/OH area, where non-ethanol gas is readily available.

I was actually going to pull the trigger on something vintage: BMW R60/2 with an R75/5 engine in it. Seller let me drive 200 miles to pick it up and then flaked on me, deciding he wanted to keep it (yet it's still on Craigslist :shrug:). According to him, I was the first person to actually show up after contacting him, and I agreed to full asking price. Didn't seem like he really wanted to sell it.

That bike gives me wood but I also wonder if a monster would be a more sensible choice. If I went the monster route I'd either do an S4r or a 1100s (not an Evo). Gotta have a single sided swingarm and a dry clutch





Edited by Rumpelstiltskin - 9/5/16 at 10:06am
post #6779 of 6832
Seriously, this is a pic of the rich people where I grew up and I would have killed to live in this split level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

Glory days


ec3eb4a3-d333-4a6b-98c1-663a6e0e23e8_zpsyrjhvqj7.jpg 
post #6780 of 6832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

That bike gives me wood but I also wonder if a monster would be a more sensible choice. If I went the monster route I'd either do an S4r or a 1100s (not an Evo). Gotta have a single sided swingarm and a dry clutch

The dry clutches always sound broken to me. The S4R and faster bikes would be overkill for the kind of riding I'll be doing (winding country roads at 60mph or so), and what's got me thinking about the 696/796 Monsters is they're about the same power and price as the old S2R but have ABS standard. Here's the current front runner in my browser:



And a note about dummies on Craigslist. Some poor guy in dire financial straits has been trying to sell his 2014 Monster for five grand for about a month. Someone finally bought it - and promptly posted it for sale asking $7500. Genius, if the PO couldn't move it for five, you're not going to sell it for 50% more to the same market...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles