or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 447

post #6691 of 6912
I have never understood the appeal of Harley Davidson. Especially when there is a plethora of objectively better bikes available. puzzled.gif
post #6692 of 6912

anybody thinking objectively about motorcycles would never ride/buy one in the first place.

post #6693 of 6912

But damn is it fun.

post #6694 of 6912

Growing up they were all I knew, but I don't know how you can say they're objectively worse than other options.  Harley buyers aren't buying for power:weight ratios or 0-60 times or whatever.

post #6695 of 6912
Jesus fucking christ would you guys just shut the fuck up and talk about riding motorcycles instead of other people's choices in motorcycles? I have never understood the appeal of a lot of things that are driven by taste, preference, or heritage, so who the fuck really cares?
post #6696 of 6912
Word.

In happier news, my dealer was able to ship out my replacement indicator lens cover within a day.

I installed it last night and now no one can tell I dropped the bike other than you guys.
post #6697 of 6912
FWIW, my post was not a poke at Harleys, nor even Harley riders in general (heck, I plan to be one), but the crazy prices some folks ask for them. From reading this thread it seems many folks, riding all different brands of bikes, are guilty of this but I just notice the Harleys as that's what I'm interested in.
post #6698 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

FWIW, my post was not a poke at Harleys, nor even Harley riders in general (heck, I plan to be one), but the crazy prices some folks ask for them. From reading this thread it seems many folks, riding all different brands of bikes, are guilty of this but I just notice the Harleys as that's what I'm interested in.

 

Like I alluded to, my step dad rode Harleys, and that stuff happens.  I remember him buying one, spending extra on things like chrome, and then he turned around and sold it two years later and he recouped like 95% of what he paid.

post #6699 of 6912

I sold my stock SV front end and rear wheel for 500 bucks. Still have to sell the exhaust and a few odds and ends.

At the end of the day, I think I just about broke even after taking the cost of tires, belly pan, rear cowl, and a few other things into consideration. Probably came out about 200-400 short maybe after taxes and all the things I'm not taking into account. Still have a few things like the rear rack and a windshield to sell.

 

And yeah, what broken cycle said is accurate. I'm looking at miatas. I prefer the bike, but it just wasn't fitting into my lifestyle the way I wish it could. Because of the way travel worked out this summer, I wasn't really able to ride anywhere since I was coordinating with my girlfriend. This way, I'll be able to put the money into a car that I can store in the winter and put less miles on my old subaru as well. 

post #6700 of 6912
Why bother with the Miata though.... might as well do rentals or that car sharing service where you can rent someone else's sports car for a weekend or w/e. You buy a Miata with used SV money, you could be getting into a whole other quagmire of problems IMO
post #6701 of 6912
Plus you'll constantly have to explain to people that, despite looking like a girl's car, a Miata is an underrated sports vehicle.
post #6702 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Plus you'll constantly have to explain to people that, despite looking like a girl's car, a Miata is an underrated sports vehicle.

 

The SV is regarded as a 'girls bike' by many, so it wouldn't be the first time I'd have to explain myself. Not that I really care all that much lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Why bother with the Miata though.... might as well do rentals or that car sharing service where you can rent someone else's sports car for a weekend or w/e. You buy a Miata with used SV money, you could be getting into a whole other quagmire of problems IMO

 

Fair, but I want to learn to drive stick and have some fun when I'm out and about in nicer weather. The subie is great in the slop and shit and I have dedicated winter tires for it.

I'm not using loan money on this so while it would suck if something happened, I could always wait to fix it when I had the cash or just let it sit in the garage till I can work on it. Have a buddy here with a lift as well so I can get in there if time permits. I know this year is going to be incredibly rough and incredibly important for my future, but shit like this keeps me sane at times and I make the time to do it. I was wasting a TON of time in school last year because I was bored.

post #6703 of 6912

Also, if any of you are a size 8-9 and are looking for moto boots. I've got 2 pairs of sidis in 8.5/42 I'll let go for cheap. I don't know the model, but I can post pics.


Edited by ridethecliche - 8/12/16 at 9:45am
post #6704 of 6912

Long ride motorcycle boot

 

Alden group MTO shell Indy boot

 

Black shell

Hooks
Hand stitched vamp
preferred last is trubalance
Double leather or  waterlock
No detail side stitching or stich
360 welt or 270
agetine eyelets. or none

These are the proposed specs fitting the 405 Indy, but minor aspects have not been detailed yet. The idea is to first gauge interest from the forum as many spots have been filled.

Also, to offer the width selection missing in other Alden GMTO, because many on here have trouble getting wide or narrow boots. So this is their chance.

 

PM if interested in being added to the list and contacted about how to proceed. first come first serve

post #6705 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistant View Post

Long ride motorcycle boot

Alden group MTO shell Indy boot

Black shell
Hooks

Hand stitched vamp

preferred last is trubalance

Double leather or  waterlock

No detail side stitching or stich

360 welt or 270

agetine eyelets. or none


These are the proposed specs fitting the 405 Indy, but minor aspects have not been detailed yet. The idea is to first gauge interest from the forum as many spots have been filled.
Also, to offer the width selection missing in other Alden GMTO, because many on here have trouble getting wide or narrow boots. So this is their chance.

PM if interested in being added to the list and contacted about how to proceed. first come first serve

Trini PM'd me and requested a picture of the boot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles