or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 432

post #6466 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Thanks for the reply.

I know the odds of me doing a long haul ride are slim and/or infrequent. I want a comfy ride to work which will take about 40 minutes on the route I plan to use (low traffic as possible). I also figure I'm only going to have one shot at buying a bike again, I'll keep it 20 years, so I really want the right bike. I was a superbike/crotchrocket guy as a youngster but seem drawn to baggers now (old man coming out in me.) I don't want a bike that handles like a land whale in light urban driving but I do want a bike with a little storage capacity. I also don't want leather saddlebags as I'm a lazy fuck and don't want to worry about the leather.

That dark red Street Glide Harley has on it's front page right now really does it for me. I can't seem to right click and save the pic. frown.gif

Yeah, that is a nice bike for a bagger! Given what you say above, it sounds to me like the Street Glide is likely the way to go. Ride one and let me know what you think!
post #6467 of 6912
27632786465_c6b6027714_b.jpg
post #6468 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

27632786465_c6b6027714_b.jpg

Step 1: chop fender
Step 2: integrate turn signals into taillights
Step 3: install hugger of choice
post #6469 of 6912

I'm not a fan of the integrated turn signal.

post #6470 of 6912
I'm gonna leave everything as is for now.

I really wanted a bike that I didn't need to do anything to.
post #6471 of 6912

I need to chop my fender soon. I keep meaning to do it but forget. I'm hoping to do a DIY fender eliminator, but don't want to totally mess it up so I might end up just buying a kit. Womp.

post #6472 of 6912
Nothing wrong with a kit.

Someone else went though all the trial and error to come up with something that works and looks good so you didn't have to.
post #6473 of 6912
Oh - one more thing.

Given that i justified this bike to myself with the self-invented need for a more highway capable bike than my Bonneville, I'm also rethinking the overseas vacation plans I had this year in lieu of a local longer road trip (1-2 weeks).

Should I head west to Vancouver via the Rockies/Wyoming/Montana.

I won't be camping - likely motels, etc along the way - so will be packing light.

Where can/should I go? Don't say Tail of the Dragon.

related: anyone catch the new AMC bike show last night w/ Norman Reedus?

Wasn't terrible.
post #6474 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Nothing wrong with a kit.

Someone else went though all the trial and error to come up with something that works and looks good so you didn't have to.

 

 

Fix that rass and touch up the ass 

 

 

112538d1384037994-evotech-tail-tidy-on-2014-street-triple-r-img_1449.jpg112546d1384038015-evotech-tail-tidy-on-2014-street-triple-r-img_1466.jpg

post #6475 of 6912

Yeah, that's on the long ass 'to-do' list for the summer. I still need to do an oil change for this year, but I think the PO did one and the bike has a total of 6k miles on it lol.

 

Also need to wire in a charger and put in a tail box for some storage. I want to start riding my bike to work and need to be able to stow a few things there. 


Trini, how much did the streetie run ya? Looks great man. Is it everything you dreamed of and more?

 

Rumple, I want to keep my stock turn signals though. Partly because I don't want to deal with relays and LED signals and because aftermarket stuff can be super hit or miss in terms of brightness. As ugly as they are, the stockers are bright. Getting mini LED signals for the front/rear is also kinda on the list if I can find ones that are super bright.

 

Asking this again because it was missed a few pages back:

Question though: I have adjustable setback plates. When I ride, I get really weird muscle cramping on the outside of my hips. Sign of being too cramped up? I might have to try to move the plates down a bit to get more legroom. And start stretching more... Position isn't even all that aggressive anymore! I switched back to bars from clip ons.

post #6476 of 6912
Thanks. I paid $7K and it's got ~10620km on it.

So in USD/imperial, that's $5475 and 6600 miles.

I've only ridden around the block because it's not yet plated but holy.

So smooth and you can feel the power on tap - and i didn't even get above 4000 rpm.
post #6477 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Thanks. I paid $7K and it's got ~10620km on it.

So in USD/imperial, that's $5475 and 6600 miles.

I've only ridden around the block because it's not yet plated but holy.

So smooth and you can feel the power on tap - and i didn't even get above 4000 rpm.

 

Not bad at all! There are a few STR's around here with about 6-7k miles that are in the 6.5k-7k range... Dreamers gonna dream.

post #6478 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Yeah, that's on the long ass 'to-do' list for the summer. I still need to do an oil change for this year, but I think the PO did one and the bike has a total of 6k miles on it lol.

 

Also need to wire in a charger and put in a tail box for some storage. I want to start riding my bike to work and need to be able to stow a few things there. 


Trini, how much did the streetie run ya? Looks great man. Is it everything you dreamed of and more?

 

Rumple, I want to keep my stock turn signals though. Partly because I don't want to deal with relays and LED signals and because aftermarket stuff can be super hit or miss in terms of brightness. As ugly as they are, the stockers are bright. Getting mini LED signals for the front/rear is also kinda on the list if I can find ones that are super bright.

 

Asking this again because it was missed a few pages back:

Question though: I have adjustable setback plates. When I ride, I get really weird muscle cramping on the outside of my hips. Sign of being too cramped up? I might have to try to move the plates down a bit to get more legroom. And start stretching more... Position isn't even all that aggressive anymore! I switched back to bars from clip ons.

 

Some of the kits re-locate the stock signals

post #6479 of 6912

Yeah, the stock suzuki and a few others do that. I was hoping to cheap out and try my hand at just doing a DIY. There's a ton of info out there with decent results.

 

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163314

 

 

 

I also want to find a seat cowl and belly pan, but they're impossible to get in my color so it looks like I'm going to have to buy paint from colorite and spray them myself. Atleast the cowl anyway. I think a black belly pan would look good with my red bike. GSXR forks and front fender are black as well, so I could leave it or paint them all. 

post #6480 of 6912
If you've really got the DIY bug...how about I just buy you an SV kit, and you DIY one for my 1979 kawasaki whose broken plate/signal bracket is currently held together with a shoelace.

Its a simple enough bracket for someone with access to some metalworking tools...but boy do I wish I could just buy something off a shelf.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles