or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 417

post #6241 of 6912

Ugh. Seeing all of those makes me feel like I wasted money 'fixing' the suspension of my SV. I keep telling myself it's worth it because I'm not ready for an STR yet no matter how badly I want one.

I think a speed triple would be way too much bike for me. I can't see myself ever getting something with that much power for a sportbike. If I get a tourer, it would make sense to get a 1000CC ish bike, but holy hell.

post #6242 of 6912
Will be getting a new GSA 1200 soon...



post #6243 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Ugh. Seeing all of those makes me feel like I wasted money 'fixing' the suspension of my SV. I keep telling myself it's worth it because I'm not ready for an STR yet no matter how badly I want one.

I assume you put a GSX front end on it? Totally worth it. SV is just the most versatile bike out there, you can track it, you can commute on it, pretty much everything.

The triple is honestly not a better bike, just rarer and cooler looking.
Quote:
I think a speed triple would be way too much bike for me. I can't see myself ever getting something with that much power for a sportbike. If I get a tourer, it would make sense to get a 1000CC ish bike, but holy hell.

And you would probably be fine with a liter bike since you seem to respect the power it can throw down.
post #6244 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post


I assume you put a GSX front end on it? Totally worth it. SV is just the most versatile bike out there, you can track it, you can commute on it, pretty much everything.

The triple is honestly not a better bike, just rarer and cooler looking.
And you would probably be fine with a liter bike since you seem to respect the power it can throw down.

 

Yup. Stock front end is off. Front GSXR is waiting to be put on. Also swapped to a GSXR rear wheel and 520 cogs/chain. Changed the gearing a little bit as well. Lets see how it shakes up. Looking forward to having a nicer suspension and better brakes. Need to swap the rear brake to the gsxr as well. Also bought a gsxr steering damper.

 

Oh! I threw a Zx6r (I think?) rear shock on there as well. Raised the tail a bit, but the ride was friggin amazing. Rear wheel felt so much more planted instantly.

post #6245 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Yup. Stock front end is off. Front GSXR is waiting to be put on. Also swapped to a GSXR rear wheel and 520 cogs/chain. Changed the gearing a little bit as well. Lets see how it shakes up. Looking forward to having a nicer suspension and better brakes. Need to swap the rear brake to the gsxr as well. Also bought a gsxr steering damper.

Oh! I threw a Zx6r (I think?) rear shock on there as well. Raised the tail a bit, but the ride was friggin amazing. Rear wheel felt so much more planted instantly.

I had one kitted out the same way pretty much, but sold it when I realized that going to the track was never really going to happen.
post #6246 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post


I had one kitted out the same way pretty much, but sold it when I realized that going to the track was never really going to happen.

 

I'm honestly still a noob so I'm planning on learning on this and moving up to something eventually. Seen a lot of people sell their sv and then come back to one a few years later though!

post #6247 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Ugh. Seeing all of those makes me feel like I wasted money 'fixing' the suspension of my SV. I keep telling myself it's worth it because I'm not ready for an STR yet no matter how badly I want one.


I think a speed triple would be way too much bike for me. I can't see myself ever getting something with that much power for a sportbike. If I get a tourer, it would make sense to get a 1000CC ish bike, but holy hell.

You are right. No swipes you are nervous about riding on the highway. Wat would doubling the power do for you

Damn those bikes look good. I gotta do some soul searching.
post #6248 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post


You are right. No swipes you are nervous about riding on the highway. Wat would doubling the power do for you

Damn those bikes look good. I gotta do some soul searching.

 

One of those Tuonos is only $4800.  And that Triumph is $5k OBO (which sounds like $4500 to me)

 

 

Work it out brah

 

 

searching.jpg

post #6249 of 6912
Riding an 821 tomorrow! Might see about the 1200 and SF848 too.
post #6250 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Riding an 821 tomorrow! Might see about the 1200 and SF848 too.



I forgot about the Ducati thing.  I should call the dealer, but it is only going to be in the low 40s. :(

post #6251 of 6912
oof yeah, forecast is for 39 tomorrow.

I think I will try to head over...

What to expect for a test ride? Show up with my gear and license and just go?
post #6252 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Riding an 821 tomorrow! Might see about the 1200 and SF848 too.

A test ride? Maybe 2 or 3 you say? Lol

Keep in mind the Streetfighter is a rather tall bike for those short in the inseam. Definitely taller than the Panigale
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

oof yeah, forecast is for 39 tomorrow.

I think I will try to head over...

What to expect for a test ride? Show up with my gear and license and just go?

That's about it. They usually require that you to wear leather boots (not necessarily riding boots) that cover your ankles. If you show up in low top sneakers or shoes there is a strong possibility that you will get turned away.
post #6253 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post


You are right. No swipes you are nervous about riding on the highway. Wat would doubling the power do for you

Damn those bikes look good. I gotta do some soul searching.

 

I'm not really interested in riding in the highway. I would have done it a long time ago, but it doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy doing. I drove the entire trip from here to burlington VT on back-ish roads and loved every minute of it.  

 

And yup, no swipes taken. I don't need more power at all right now. I've just always wanted the STR since I decided to get a bike. I got the SV because I was told that was the biggest bike I should learn on. I don't disagree, but I think I would have been fine with the STR. I've enjoyed wrenching on this though so it scratched that itch as well. At this point, I'd probably lose atleast 1k on the bike if I sold it tbh.

post #6254 of 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

oof yeah, forecast is for 39 tomorrow.

I think I will try to head over...

What to expect for a test ride? Show up with my gear and license and just go?

Let me know how it goes. I have too much going on this weekend to go ride on a crappy day. Plus, normally the dealer advertises these events which they aren't. My guess is they will have another in April or May like normal.

I think I would like the streetfighter.
post #6255 of 6912
Someone is feeling that double bonus!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles