or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 308

post #4606 of 4659

New here. I have an 05 BMW Dakar. My riding gear all looks like shit, and the bike is never clean. But it looks much better with all that dirt on it, and that's why I love it.

post #4607 of 4659
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post

A


African hair sheep leather. Hand made in England. And insulting them really only proves one's own ignorance. Rapha is the shit.

facepalm.gif
post #4608 of 4659

Be safe out there

 

post #4609 of 4659
:: pours a little of his beverage on the ground::
post #4610 of 4659

List of gear I intend to get. I can probably go for a cheaper jacket but this one has CE back, chest, shoulders and elbow protection which hardly any other jackets have.

helmet $400 shark vision r
boots $225 xpd 5
gloves $140 dainese carbon cover st
jacket $600 rs taichi gmx motion
pants $250 draggin jeans slix + knee armour

+shipping and exchange rate for the boots and gloves, it will come to around $1650aud. Seems more expensive than the norm for a beginner but without sacrificing the level of protection and decent looks, I think its hard to beat.

post #4611 of 4659
You could save about $500 on the helmet and jacket alone with some smarter choices

Plus if you are paying $225 for pants you might as well pony up to real leather... AGV makes a pair for $180USD with knee pucks and everything.
post #4612 of 4659
In stores the helmets that fit best were the shark vision r and the arai vector 2 which is $600. Unfortunately $400 is the cheapest I could find for the vision r in Australia.

Everyone says the rs taichi jacket is amazing which made me decided it. Ill try find something with same level of protection.

Ill have a look at those pants when I get home.

Cheers.
post #4613 of 4659
I upgraded to a vector 2 after almost a year with a cheap HTC. I no longer look at helmets.

I got a pair of Held Air N Dry because on occasion my hands felt numb from rain or cold. I no longer look at gloves.

For jackets I have a warm (Dainese) and a cool (RSD) weather option. For pants, I have jeans (BullIt) and textile (Dainese Drake Air). Never saw a great looking pair of Draggins up close. I really like Sidi's motorcycle high tops for around town. No boot out there beats Daytona for slick touring protection.

Not sure how much of a budget you've got or how serious you'll be about riding. If you get serious, you'll eventually replace all your cheap gear. Reason being: that annoying itch, lack of adequate armor or distracting sensation could be your ass.
post #4614 of 4659
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post

I upgraded to a vector 2 after almost a year with a cheap HTC. I no longer look at helmets.

I got a pair of Held Air N Dry because on occasion my hands felt numb from rain or cold. I no longer look at gloves.

For jackets I have a warm (Dainese) and a cool (RSD) weather option. For pants, I have jeans (BullIt) and textile (Dainese Drake Air). Never saw a great looking pair of Draggins up close. I really like Sidi's motorcycle high tops for around town. No boot out there beats Daytona for slick touring protection.

Not sure how much of a budget you've got or how serious you'll be about riding. If you get serious, you'll eventually replace all your cheap gear. Reason being: that annoying itch, lack of adequate armor or distracting sensation could mean your ass.
post #4615 of 4659

Two British heritage brands come together as legendary motorcycle brand Norton teams up with Clarks to produce a brief capsule for Fall/Winter 2014. Norton applied their expertise in motorsport to match with Clarks’ renowned footwear construction to create the three-part range, resulting in a functional, rugged offering from both parties. The high-rising Mellor Top anchors the collection, outfitted with supple leather throughout the pull-up top portion. Elsewhere, the Norton Zip features more technical detailing – think of it as a Chelsea boot with a reinforced gear change panel and reflective heel tabs. Stuart Garner – CEO of Norton – was especially excited by the collaboration, offering a few key words on the collaboration’s importance below. Pick these up at Clarks retailers in the coming weeks.

 

Below is a brief interview with Stuart Garner.

 

 

Quote:

Why were you keen to work with Clarks?
Because it’s a British heritage brand, privately owned, and with a global footprint.

 

Was it important for you to collaborate with a British brand?
Because we value British heritage, British manufacturing & craftsmanship is revered around the world and working with Clarks reinforces this shared British brand value.

 

What was the inspiration behind the range?
Traditional and authentic motorcycle footwear manufactured with quality components using historic and modern design styling to produce a truly original and authentic range of footwear.

 

Are you happy with the finished products?
Both myself and many within the Norton team choose to wear the boots.

 

Who do you think will be buying the Clarks X Norton range?
All men whether motorcyclists or not. The integrity and traditional design values will appeal to all customers looking for quality footwear with a tough and classic design look.

 

 

http://i0.wp.com/hypebeast.com/image/2014/09/norton-x-clarks-2014-fall-winter-collection-3.jpg?w=1410

http://i0.wp.com/hypebeast.com/image/2014/09/norton-x-clarks-2014-fall-winter-collection-1.jpg?w=1410

http://i0.wp.com/hypebeast.com/image/2014/09/norton-x-clarks-2014-fall-winter-collection-2.jpg?w=1410

post #4616 of 4659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post
 

List of gear I intend to get. I can probably go for a cheaper jacket but this one has CE back, chest, shoulders and elbow protection which hardly any other jackets have.

helmet $400 shark vision r
boots $225 xpd 5
gloves $140 dainese carbon cover st
jacket $600 rs taichi gmx motion
pants $250 draggin jeans slix + knee armour

+shipping and exchange rate for the boots and gloves, it will come to around $1650aud. Seems more expensive than the norm for a beginner but without sacrificing the level of protection and decent looks, I think its hard to beat.


Not a bad list.  You can't go wrong with a good quality jacket but you can surely waste money buying cheesy ones that you inevitably will replace and never wear again once you realize the error of your ways

post #4617 of 4659
Taichi makes high quality jackets, I got one about a year ago but I paid substantially less. They also run small, I had to size up. I get my gear online at at discount prices, no need to pay retail.
post #4618 of 4659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

Two British heritage brands come together as legendary motorcycle brand Norton teams up with Clarks to produce a brief capsule for Fall/Winter 2014. Norton applied their expertise in motorsport to match with Clarks’ renowned footwear construction to create the three-part range, resulting in a functional, rugged offering from both parties. The high-rising Mellor Top anchors the collection, outfitted with supple leather throughout the pull-up top portion. Elsewhere, the Norton Zip features more technical detailing – think of it as a Chelsea boot with a reinforced gear change panel and reflective heel tabs. Stuart Garner – CEO of Norton – was especially excited by the collaboration, offering a few key words on the collaboration’s importance below. Pick these up at Clarks retailers in the coming weeks.

Below is a brief interview with Stuart Garner.






norton-x-clarks-2014-fall-winter-collection-3.jpg?w=1410
norton-x-clarks-2014-fall-winter-collection-1.jpg?w=1410
norton-x-clarks-2014-fall-winter-collection-2.jpg?w=1410

Oh man that Chelsea... Makes me want to buy a cafe bike just to make it appropriate
post #4619 of 4659
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post

Oh man that Chelsea... Makes me want to buy a cafe bike just to make it appropriate

If/when I get some more grey hair those 2 buckle boots will be a nice addition. I just look too young to wear them right now
post #4620 of 4659
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post

Taichi makes high quality jackets, I got one about a year ago but I paid substantially less. They also run small, I had to size up. I get my gear online at at discount prices, no need to pay retail.

Taichi was also on my jacket shortlist but I was never able to find local retailer to try on. I heard they ran small as well
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles