or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 261

post #3901 of 4526
I mean if you ride like a maniac, go sidi. If you aren't worried about breaking bones and grafting skin, gasoline is ok.
post #3902 of 4526
Hm. Honda's doing some interesting things with the CB1100:



but I'd take even the original in black



One of these along side my black CBR600RR and I'd be set for bikes. Park'em next to a black S2000 too. wink.gif
post #3903 of 4526
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post

I mean if you ride like a maniac, go sidi. If you aren't worried about breaking bones and grafting skin, gasoline is ok.

 

 

Sidi's are for narrow feet plus they squeak.  But then again Cool The Kid already broke his foot earlier this year so I dunno if he might risk the Gasolinas.

 

 

Vitesse Vulcan looks good even though it is canvas

 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KljvhAx7-hI/S8YA3aL5J5I/AAAAAAAABsk/LV0UTGsvWg4/s1600/vitesee+vulcan-01.jpg


Edited by Rumpelstiltskin - 11/23/13 at 4:13pm
post #3904 of 4526
My foot break was kind of a freak accident. Someone left a plastic board in the middle of 3rd ave in Harlem and I was riding at night. Fucking sucked

Still, I want protection I can walk around in. Basically if I could have a ~7--9" engineer boot that would protect my feet if shit went hairy I'd be happy.
post #3905 of 4526

And now you are out in the sticks.  Ever come around a bend and find a ladder laying across the road or manure all in your lane?  Many potential accidents are freak accidents.  You will never find a single pair of boots that will do it all.  If I were you I would get a great pair of boots and then later on if you feel the need then buy another pair and bump up the off-bike comfort and bump down the level of protection. 

post #3906 of 4526
Denhar strap tank boots. Can't post a picture since i am on my mobile.
post #3907 of 4526
I think as I go on I'll probably err on the side of technical and bring a pair of trainers
for after I get off.


In other news, I took my bike to storage yesterday. I think I know what empty
Nest syndrome feels like.
post #3908 of 4526
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post

I think as I go on I'll probably err on the side of technical and bring a pair of trainers
for after I get off.


In other news, I took my bike to storage yesterday. I think I know what empty
Nest syndrome feels like.

I'm still hanging in there. Today in Chicago it was mid-20s with a mid-teens windchill. While at a light, this older lady at a crosswalk saidwith a laugh "You've got balls - it's cold as hell out here!" The surprise for me was passing someone on a Thruxton going the other way.
post #3909 of 4526
Yeah, the last few days of riding I got a wave and a nod from everyone left
on a bike. Right now it's about 22 degrees in Boston. I'm content with my choice.
post #3910 of 4526
Winter conditions finally hit TO this weekend so I'm done for the season.

Time to start walking to work tomorrow shog[1].gif
post #3911 of 4526
Maybe ask your mayor for a little somethin somethin to ignore the cold...
post #3912 of 4526
Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post

I'm still hanging in there. Today in Chicago it was mid-20s with a mid-teens windchill. While at a light, this older lady at a crosswalk saidwith a laugh "You've got balls - it's cold as hell out here!" The surprise for me was passing someone on a Thruxton going the other way.

Do you have those bar mitts type things in your bike? Ran into a dude with them on an old cb a while ago.
post #3913 of 4526
Hippo Hands.teacha.gif
post #3914 of 4526
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Winter conditions finally hit TO this weekend so I'm done for the season.

Time to start walking to work tomorrow shog[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post

Maybe ask your mayor for a little somethin somethin to ignore the cold...

HA.

Also, fuck walking. I saw it was -12C this morning with windchill and hopped on that bus with the quickness.
post #3915 of 4526

I would move to Toronto in a heartbeat if only they moved the city  a couple hundred miles south.  I know this is a motorcycle thread but you can't throw a dead cat without hitting 6 good looking women in Toronto.  And they are friendly as shit too.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles