or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 244

post #3646 of 4654
Ducati's changes to the top Monster are for a few reasons

For some reason air cooled engines are harder to meet emissions on (this is why Suzuki dumped its awesome air cooled 1200 for the 1250 in the big Bandit)

Also, if you'll notice, Duc stopped selling the big Streetfighter, and I think the small one is soon to follow. So the top Monster, like the old S4R, will take its place

Kind of sad to me as while I do like Monsters, I def prefer the old ones for their clean look, as well as the Streetfighter for its out of this world Borg look... the liquid cooled Monsters never did it for me. I think the Streetfighters, specifically the 1098s, are gonna become collectors items very soon.
post #3647 of 4654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post


img_0_0_90.jpg
img_0_0_175.jpg
img_0_0_137.jpg
img_0_0_46.jpg 

It looks like a Decepticon.
post #3648 of 4654
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

I'm gonna try and push riding season out as long as i can (and as long as the roads stay dry).

Anyone have good recommendations for winter gloves? they don't necessarily have to be heated but preferably gauntlet style.

 

I can't remember who recommended Furygan to me a couple pages ago, but I'll probably be buying their Land gloves in another month:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Furygan-LAND-PRO-EVO-Mens-Winter-Motorcycle-Gloves-Black-Sz-Large-/111069055871?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item19dc3b4b7f&vxp=mtr

 

I bought a different pair of Furygans from that ebay seller with no issues. I like them, especially for the price.

post #3649 of 4654
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

I've inherited a 1974 Yamaha 360 Enduro that I'd like to get back in working order. Anyone know of a good resource for manuals for older bikes like this?

Check around online, ideally a forum dedicated to the model. I found a PDF copy of the manual for my '78 Honda on a forum for Honda twins.
post #3650 of 4654
Any thoughts on these asswipes in NYC?
post #3651 of 4654
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Any thoughts on these asswipes in NYC?
Your description about covers it

Cliff notes: Group rides
post #3652 of 4654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Your description about covers it

Cliff notes: Group rides

Pretty much - I've never seen such disorganized group riding; it was a disaster waiting to happen. I've heard that groups on sport bikes tended to misbehave, but the videos (which they seem to be scrambling to remove now) show a lot of riding idiocy. Sucks about the one guy in a coma, though.
post #3653 of 4654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

I like my Cortech Scarabs

Realistically though, once you get into the 30s, nothing is gonna work like heated gear. All I really need to that end would be heated gloves- not grips, because you still get huge windchill from the outside knuckles. Other than that you can just layer up like a madman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

I can't remember who recommended Furygan to me a couple pages ago, but I'll probably be buying their Land gloves in another month:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Furygan-LAND-PRO-EVO-Mens-Winter-Motorcycle-Gloves-Black-Sz-Large-/111069055871?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item19dc3b4b7f&vxp=mtr

I bought a different pair of Furygans from that ebay seller with no issues. I like them, especially for the price.

Cool. I'm gonna check out these Held ones at a local spot when I get a chance.

http://townmoto.com/riding-gear/gloves/held-orkney-winter-glove
post #3654 of 4654
Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post

Pretty much - I've never seen such disorganized group riding; it was a disaster waiting to happen. I've heard that groups on sport bikes tended to misbehave, but the videos (which they seem to be scrambling to remove now) show a lot of riding idiocy. Sucks about the one guy in a coma, though.

Looks like most of them took their plates off for the ride...these guys were looking for trouble.
post #3655 of 4654
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Cool. I'm gonna check out these Held ones at a local spot when I get a chance.

http://townmoto.com/riding-gear/gloves/held-orkney-winter-glove

 

Oh shit, those look great; keep us updated :fistbump:

post #3656 of 4654
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Looks like most of them took their plates off for the ride...these guys were looking for trouble.

Yeah my riding buddies and I have been discussing it. Personally, I think when he tapped the guys bike who had clearly clicked into neutral to grandstand for the camera, they probably put the FEAR into him when he stopped. He had a two year old and his wife in the car. I mean I feel bad for the squid who got hurt, because it seems like he wasn't one of the main aggressors. But if the guy felt his family was threatened, there was really only one way out. Too bad he didn't have a cow catcher on his SUV.
post #3657 of 4654
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post

Yeah my riding buddies and I have been discussing it. Personally, I think when he tapped the guys bike who had clearly clicked into neutral to grandstand for the camera, they probably put the FEAR into him when he stopped. He had a two year old and his wife in the car. I mean I feel bad for the squid who got hurt, because it seems like he wasn't one of the main aggressors. But if the guy felt his family was threatened, there was really only one way out. Too bad he didn't have a cow catcher on his SUV.

Yeah, some of them have been posting online saying his panicked getaway was unwarranted because "we wuz just trying to talk to da guy." Uh-huh. I'm betting that during that conversation, the poor guy would have fallen a few times.
post #3658 of 4654

I thought the one rider swerved in front and brake-checked him, then got bumped. Either way, I would not want to get that close to a group ride as a cager. But once shit went bad, there is no way in hell I'd stick around a bunch of pissed off riders banging on your car, trying to pull you out; there's only one direction that action is headed. Just trying to "talk", lol...

 

It's mishaps like this where I can't decide if the 2nd amendment is a great thing or a terrible thing.

post #3659 of 4654

It seemed to me that the driver was upset about the bikes in his way  and was tailgating them and that was the first mistake.  You can clearly hear them blipping their throttles and looking back at the RR.  No one was really speeding, looked to be about 45-50 mph which is somewhere around the speed limit 

 

Mistake #2 happened when the rider in the t shirt looked over at the driver, changed lanes and then brake checked the guy which caused the accident.  Not everyone might have seen why the brake check but most of the riders were aware that the RR was driving too closely to the bikes. I know it sounds funny considering that group's reputation but think of an occasion when you were riding in a group of 8 or more and a car attempted to bully its way through your group.  It makes your blood boil.

 

from the driver's perspective, he was being targeted by the angered riders and did what he had to do to get away.

 

from the riders' perspective, the crazy azz cager that had been tailing the group just hit "Bob" on purpose.  Then when confronted, he drove off and ran over more bikes as well as a person.  He needs to pay!

 

 

 

And this is why I don't ride in groups larger than 6.  Too many chances for things to go wrong.

post #3660 of 4654
Did you watch the same video I watched?

The pack of riders comes up on the RR, passing it on both sides. There is a clear space in front of them, its not like these guys were just riding along and this RR pulled in between them.

Then one guy, with no plates, swerves into the RR's lane (for a while he is sharing the lane with the RR, and is not clear ahead). Then he pulls ahead of the RR and brake checks him (while looking backwards to make sure he doesn't do it so hard that he actually hurts himself). The RR driver is surrounded on all sides and has no options. If he brakes hard to avoid the rider, he will hit someone behind him...if he swerves, he will hit one of the riders next to him. After making contact with the rider, he appears to do what you are supposed to do--pull over and stop--at which point they supposedly start banging on his car (can't see because the camera is far ahead) and he realizes it is time to GTFO.

Maybe the RR did something wrong from the perspective of the guys in the back who didn't see this happen...but from the video's perspective, it is pretty clear what happened.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles