or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 199

post #2971 of 4799
^You were around in '72?puzzled.gif
post #2972 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post

^You were around in '72?puzzled.gif
Roger that, I'm an old fart. Not old enough to have my licence in 72 though.
post #2973 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by EgliComet View Post

I put 35000 miles on a '99 R1100S when it came out. Had it for a little over a year and traded it for my KTM Adventure. So much slower than it looks.
:shattered dreams: Thanks for the heads up. One of the reasons these bikes interest me is the size of them. Late at night when I'm counting out my nickels and dimes and dream of once again acquiring a motorcycle I input my size on cycle-ergo.com and it doesn't look ridiculous when I try those BMWs.

Another 'want(ed) to buy' of mine lacks in that aspect:

Yamaha TRX850
post #2974 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Roger that, I'm an old fart. Not old enough to have my licence in 72 though.

Me too.fistbump.gif
post #2975 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Roger that, I'm an old fart. Not old enough to have my licence in 72 though.

Me too.fistbump.gif

I've been seriously thinking about getting a Z1, I explained to my wife that it is a preferable mid life crisis to a 20 year old girlfriend. She seems to think that if I got a Z1 or a 20 year old girl that I wouldn't be able to ride either of them properly anyway.
post #2976 of 4799
A Z1 would probably be the safer option.
post #2977 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

I've been seriously thinking about getting a Z1, I explained to my wife that it is a preferable mid life crisis to a 20 year old girlfriend. She seems to think that if I got a Z1 or a 20 year old girl that I wouldn't be able to ride either of them properly anyway.

The Z1 might help you get the 20 year old girlfriend.
post #2978 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

 

This

 

How reliable is that KTM? I want an RC8R but the closest dealership that carries them isn't very close (I can be in 3 different states before I get there) and I'm still not sure if they even know how to service it.

I replaced my fork seals once and went through hell sorting out the carb--eventually I stuck on a Dellorto and that was way more tunable.  I did everything myself.  The RC8R is a much more modern beast though and I have no experience with that program.  

post #2979 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

The Z1 might help you get the 20 year old girlfriend.

No, its just going to help you get a girlfriend who was 20 when the Z1 came out.
post #2980 of 4799
Fang said he was an old fart so he might go for a 63 year old. As long as she is not "fat".
post #2981 of 4799
Changed my oil today and ordered some new blinkers and mirrors.

I probably change my oil too often. I don't actually ride very many miles (very little highway time, lots of city time), but it feels wrong to not change the oil when I pull it out of storage. But then it feels wrong to not have fresh oil in it when it goes into storage...and it feels wrong not changing the oil sometime *during* the season.
post #2982 of 4799
Maybe you should change your user name from otc to ocd, oil compulsive disorder.
post #2983 of 4799
How often do you guys clean and lube/wax your chains?
post #2984 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Changed my oil today and ordered some new blinkers and mirrors.

I probably change my oil too often. I don't actually ride very many miles (very little highway time, lots of city time), but it feels wrong to not change the oil when I pull it out of storage. But then it feels wrong to not have fresh oil in it when it goes into storage...and it feels wrong not changing the oil sometime *during* the season.

I read you're supposed to change the oil before putting it into storage as dirty oil sitting can be bad for the engine parts. I always just change it at the end of the season.

I probably only do 3k miles/year at most, and I use full synthetic that's rated for 10-15k miles.
post #2985 of 4799
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

How often do you guys clean and lube/wax your chains?

I'll lube it up a bit after about 500 miles. Full cleaning after 1000. But I don't ride in the rain...
Edited by BostonHedonist - 5/28/13 at 9:22am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles