Originally Posted by John Doe
Can we expect a thorough review with photos? I'd like to know what you think after you've had a chance to try them out.
Originally Posted by TRINI
Sure thing. I'm hoping to take the bike out tonight briefly so they should get their first use then.
K, took these out on a ride today and here are some thoughts:
- They're pretty comfortable. The leather's not as thick as my 8" Red Wing boots so it didn't take long to break in. They were fine to both ride and walk around in.
- Construction & leather seems decent but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. One thing the pics don't convey is the awesome new shoe smell they have.
- They're padded across the foot as well as in the ankles but that appears to just an extra layer of leather than any form of actual armour.
- The zippers are some sturdy YKKs but the buckles are a bit flimsy; that being said, they'd don't really have to take a lot of strain so they should be fine.
- They got the fit down pretty decently, both in the foot and in the calf. These fit fine under my jeans as I'd specified that's how I'd be wearing them.