or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 175

post #2611 of 4799
crasho.gif
post #2612 of 4799

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it.

 

That fiberglass vette panel dun exploded.

 

There's so many good Harley / Tail-of-the-Dragon youtube vids.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

I really like the look of the 1125, and I've seen them going fairly cheap ~$5-6k for something with about 1000 miles on it.
I have slowly been modding my xb9. My next step is to do the breather reroute, and then after that, I want to put a more aggressive seat on it and do LED tail light/blinkers.
 

Any pics?

post #2613 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

crasho.gif

Nice find. Funny thing about this is that the guy would probably have been hurt worse if he hadn't hit the car.

That is why I don't do any in-motion sightseeing on the BRP/Cherohala/Dragon/Rattler type rides
post #2614 of 4799

I just got back from Istanbul. The bikes are so puny over there.

post #2615 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post

I just got back from Istanbul. The bikes are so puny over there.

 

I know that feel bro.

 

Motorized bikes, mopeds and 125cc all day long when I was in China. Not sure I saw anything bigger than a 250cc ever.

post #2616 of 4799
Rode with my first passenger over the weekend.

City streets only but really, handling felt fine and the little bike still could zip around (though I am not sure it would have any acceleration left at higher speeds).

Also washed and waxed the bike and then proceeded to immediately get rained on...
post #2617 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Rode with my first passenger over the weekend.
City streets only but really, handling felt fine and the little bike still could zip around (though I am not sure it would have any acceleration left at higher speeds).
Also washed and waxed the bike and then proceeded to immediately get rained on...

This is how the cosmos works.
post #2618 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post

This is how the cosmos works.

I got rained on this weekend and then my bike promptly decided to shut down on the highway (my first outing with it on the highway no less) and I had to get it towed.

Yay.
post #2619 of 4799
I've put a ton of my 15x11" and 16x12" seats on these Harley CrossBones.....love the bike, but I've had so many customers buy the bike brand new and immediately replace that thick spring seat.....a lot of guys don't like sitting so high on that particular bike....GREAT PIC by the way....for an iphone pic!

Ryan @ Anvil
www.anvilcustoms.com









post #2620 of 4799
Yeah, the height takes a bit of getting used to (my other HD is a 48, and I traded a Fat Boy Lo for this one) and I am still not sure I am used to it, I'd think perfection would be to keep the stock seat, which I like, but put on lower springs or no springs at all.
post #2621 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Yeah, the height takes a bit of getting used to (my other HD is a 48, and I traded a Fat Boy Lo for this one) and I am still not sure I am used to it, I'd think perfection would be to keep the stock seat, which I like, but put on lower springs or no springs at all.

Yeah, if you could handle the ride, I'd def slam the seat down onto the frame (if I kept the stock seat). Shorter springs will give you nothing but trouble. Stock springs are 3", anything shorter and you'll bottom out anywhere you go. Just my 2 cents.....sweet bike tho.
post #2622 of 4799
I had my first motorcycle accident today and it was a good learning experience. I was doing the speed limit on a feeder road (50 mph) and an idiot pulls right in front of me and decides to go 25 mph. It had just finished raining about 10 minutes before so I should have been more cautious, but I decide to change lanes quickly and then get back in front of him. The problem was that while I accelerated to get around the light turned red ahead and I had to start breaking sooner than would have been optimal. My rear brake immediately locked and I started fish tailing all over the road RIGHT before I was going to hit the middle of the intersection. The bike was trying to throw me on the high side, but luckily I managed to pull it back and went into a low slide skid at around 30 mph. I had my jacket on and luckily didn't get much damage to myself (took a nice little nick in the top of the helmet) and the only thing that was damaged on the bike was my floor boards. All in all I have a lot to be thankful of and I learned not to get cute when it's slippery out. I had a whole bunch of humble pie trying to lift my bike up in front of a whole bus full of children (I did it!).


All in all, be careful out there when it's wet. I was one of those people who swore that I would never drop a bike and then it just happened. Don't be a dumbass like me and underestimate the power of slippery road conditions and a bit of gravel.
post #2623 of 4799
Glad you're o.k. The same thing happened to me five years ago in Mexico except I clipped the rear bumper of the idiot who suddenly pulled in front of me. It was raining and he cut the braking distance I was maintaing in half when he pulled in front of me. Right when he pulled in front of me the light turned red and I fishtailed and then went flying. I distinctly remember thinking as I was flying through the air that it was going to hurt when I hit the ground. I ended up in the hospital with a broken collar bone and a busted up bike. I will not ride in the rain at all, too dangerous on two wheels.
post #2624 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastyle View Post

I had my first motorcycle accident today and it was a good learning experience. I was doing the speed limit on a feeder road (50 mph) and an idiot pulls right in front of me and decides to go 25 mph. It had just finished raining about 10 minutes before so I should have been more cautious, but I decide to change lanes quickly and then get back in front of him. The problem was that while I accelerated to get around the light turned red ahead and I had to start breaking sooner than would have been optimal. My rear brake immediately locked and I started fish tailing all over the road RIGHT before I was going to hit the middle of the intersection. The bike was trying to throw me on the high side, but luckily I managed to pull it back and went into a low slide skid at around 30 mph. I had my jacket on and luckily didn't get much damage to myself (took a nice little nick in the top of the helmet) and the only thing that was damaged on the bike was my floor boards. All in all I have a lot to be thankful of and I learned not to get cute when it's slippery out. I had a whole bunch of humble pie trying to lift my bike up in front of a whole bus full of children (I did it!).
All in all, be careful out there when it's wet. I was one of those people who swore that I would never drop a bike and then it just happened. Don't be a dumbass like me and underestimate the power of slippery road conditions and a bit of gravel.

Glad you're OK. Wet roads are about the only thing I don't fuck with.
post #2625 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post

Glad you're o.k. The same thing happened to me five years ago in Mexico except I clipped the rear bumper of the idiot who suddenly pulled in front of me. It was raining and he cut the braking distance I was maintaing in half when he pulled in front of me. Right when he pulled in front of me the light turned red and I fishtailed and then went flying. I distinctly remember thinking as I was flying through the air that it was going to hurt when I hit the ground. I ended up in the hospital with a broken collar bone and a busted up bike. I will not ride in the rain at all, too dangerous on two wheels.


Ouch. I'm glad you survived that whole ordeal. I'm just mad at myself for knowingly going out when it had just finished raining when I could have easily taken the car, but I've just been having so much fun with the bike that I ride it any chance I can. From now on I'm just going to play it safe when it's wet out and take the car even though it's dull and boring.

The other lesson I learned is that leather is magical. I dragged my arm along the pavement pretty hard and my jacket held up beautifully. I have some bruises on my elbow, but there is hardly even any scratches on the jacket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles