or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 11

post #151 of 4348
Yep, that silvery-gray one is the one I meant. I think it's gorgeous. It may be the GT styling that I like. It seems to have better overall proportions than the yellow bike, which seems a little low and long, but that may just be the angle of the pictures. How is your BMW not safe? I've been eyeing those for a while. I've had an f650 gs for the past 6 yrs, and I'm thinking of getting a new bike (though I do love this one). I agree w/ what you posted a few pages ago (or more) that a new bmw w/ retro/classic styling would be ideal. Didn't BMW make an R850 R for the european market a few years ago?
post #152 of 4348
My inspiration for the box of XS650 parts I have.
post #153 of 4348
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post
Yep, that silvery-gray one is the one I meant. I think it's gorgeous. It may be the GT styling that I like. It seems to have better overall proportions than the yellow bike, which seems a little low and long, but that may just be the angle of the pictures.

How is your BMW not safe? I've been eyeing those for a while. I've had an f650 gs for the past 6 yrs, and I'm thinking of getting a new bike (though I do love this one). I agree w/ what you posted a few pages ago (or more) that a new bmw w/ retro/classic styling would be ideal. Didn't BMW make an R850 R for the european market a few years ago?
My BMW has old, weak brakes (only one front disc with 2-piston caliper), not quite enough power (60-ish HP), slightly outdated (and slightly worn-out) suspension design/technology, narrow wheels/tires, and a very weak electrical system (could be upgraded, but not to the level of a new bike). So basically, it's a lot like a few-years-old Harley.

Here's the side view of the yellow bike:



Compare to the GT:



Both sit so the underside of the tank is basically level with a rider on it.
post #154 of 4348
First, you guys suck. I sold my bike over the weekend.

Second, if I were to get any bike on the market, my first choice would probably be that yellow Sport 1000.
post #155 of 4348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault78law View Post
First, you guys suck. I sold my bike over the weekend.

Nooooo! Why?
post #156 of 4348
Thanks for the side views. Makes the yellow look more proportioned. But I still favor the GT, purely for aesthetic reasons and specifically bec. of the shape of it's tank and the chrome engine, etc. Good luck w/ your decision though. I hope it works out well!
post #157 of 4348
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Nooooo! Why?

Bah, I don't know. I've been getting increasingly paranoid about my untimely demise. I notice that I'm getting more inattentive in my old age, and clumsier too. To top it off, I'm getting married next week. It's ok though, at least I actually made a tidy sum on the sale. I have a feeling that I'll get back into it when things settle down [read: early midlife crisis], so the Ducati will have to wait until then.
post #158 of 4348
^^The married thing I could understand. It's not an unacceptable excuse. Congratulations, BTW.

Anyway, ughhhhh... decisions, decisions. The yellow one is so much sexier but the GT seems more like the one I'd want to throw some stuff on the back and disappear for a week or two. The price difference is almost negligible. The GT has a lot more accessories available, but the Sport could be adapted to do most of what I want and comes with a bunch of better OE stuff (forks, shocks, tires, I like the bars/mirrors better, etc.) I'm going to go take a look at both tomorrow.
post #159 of 4348
Unless you hate the riding position of the Sport, go with the Sport. You'd be crazy not to.
post #160 of 4348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault78law View Post
Bah, I don't know. I've been getting increasingly paranoid about my untimely demise. I notice that I'm getting more inattentive in my old age, and clumsier too. To top it off, I'm getting married next week. It's ok though, at least I actually made a tidy sum on the sale. I have a feeling that I'll get back into it when things settle down [read: early midlife crisis], so the Ducati will have to wait until then.

Mistake. Once it's gone, you're going to meet a lot of resistance getting one back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
^^The married thing I could understand. It's not an unacceptable excuse. Congratulations, BTW.

Anyway, ughhhhh... decisions, decisions. The yellow one is so much sexier but the GT seems more like the one I'd want to throw some stuff on the back and disappear for a week or two. The price difference is almost negligible. The GT has a lot more accessories available, but the Sport could be adapted to do most of what I want and comes with a bunch of better OE stuff (forks, shocks, tires, I like the bars/mirrors better, etc.) I'm going to go take a look at both tomorrow.

Get the GT, unless you have no friends ...
post #161 of 4348
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Can I live with this color? I think I can get a decent deal if I don't have to have the black one.



With tail cowl (included):


This bike is ridiculously cool.
post #162 of 4348
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg1 View Post
Mistake. Once it's gone, you're going to meet a lot of resistance getting one back!
True that. I went from four to one. But that one is hanging around forever. Or at least until it gets swapped for a R1200S and a 1939 Ariel VB600 with a sidecar. After all, a sidehack is really more like a 2nd car, isn't it?
post #163 of 4348
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T View Post
do it J
Done.
post #164 of 4348
Great! Enjoy! Be safe!
post #165 of 4348
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Done.
Santa came? Congratulations man. Pics?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles