or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 10

post #136 of 4728
Not sure, but it does look like a WA license plate on there. It came from this page:

http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/photopages/photosrmisc.htm

All it says is belonging to "RB" in the USA.
post #137 of 4728
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Not sure, but it does look like a WA license plate on there. It came from this page:

Ya, I noticed the plate and thought you may have snapped the pic. I think that is one of the best looking bikes I have seen.
post #138 of 4728
What do people think about vintage Indian Chiefs?

post #139 of 4728
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSeca View Post
Ya, I noticed the plate and thought you may have snapped the pic. I think that is one of the best looking bikes I have seen.
Well, you could get cosmetically very close to that with pretty minimal investment. It would depend on whether you were really stuck on the monoshock conversion and the wheels, both of which would be quite expensive. But if you took a regular R75/5 and did a little chopping and judicious parts buying, you could come up with a very clean looking cafe bike for a decent price.
post #140 of 4728
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
New Vincent Black Shadow:





www.vincentmotors.com

I still haven't got over this. That said, if you took everything I know about motorcycles and stuck it in your eye, it would not impair your vision in the least.
post #141 of 4728
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
What do people think about vintage Indian Chiefs?

Nice looking machine.

The shape of the fenders reminds me of the look a lot of autos fenders had at the time, very similiar in design. The bike looks like it would be quite a work-out to ride, very heavy looking, with wide handle bars and fat tires. The seat looks comfy, like something you would see on a farm tractor from years ago.
post #142 of 4728
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
What do people think about vintage Indian Chiefs?


I think that Indians are one of the best looking bikes ever made.
post #143 of 4728
Thread Starter 
post #144 of 4728
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSeca View Post
Nice looking machine.

The shape of the fenders reminds me of the look a lot of autos fenders had at the time, very similiar in design. The bike looks like it would be quite a work-out to ride, very heavy looking, with wide handle bars and fat tires. The seat looks comfy, like something you would see on a farm tractor from years ago.
The wide handlebars would actually make it much easier to handle - more leverage. But they were heavy. That one weighs around 675lbs. Then again, not much more than your average decked-out Harley today.
post #145 of 4728
Can I live with this color? I think I can get a decent deal if I don't have to have the black one.



With tail cowl (included):

post #146 of 4728
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Can I live with this color? I think I can get a decent deal if I don't have to have the black one.



With tail cowl (included):


Verrrrrry nice. And you can paint it, you know ...
post #147 of 4728
do it J
post #148 of 4728
It is beautiful. Would it be your only bike? Would you consider painting it? How much would that cost? Edit: after having read through the thread, I now have to say I love your old BMW and might agree that that Ducati you posted on the first (and maybe fifth?) page, is the baddest looking bike. I say "might" because I do love Moto Guzzi's for looks. No idea about their reliability though.
post #149 of 4728
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post
It is beautiful. Would it be your only bike?

Would you consider painting it? How much would that cost?

Edit: after having read through the thread, I now have to say I love your old BMW and might agree that that Ducati you posted on the first (and maybe fifth?) page, is the baddest looking bike. I say "might" because I do love Moto Guzzi's for looks. No idea about their reliability though.
This one?


That's another option, it's very similar to the yellow one aside from the seat/cowl, clamp/bars/mirrors, exhaust, and some of the running gear. (note Ohlins reservoir shocks on the yellow one). The tank is differently shaped as well. I really like both, but I like the cafe styling of the Sport 1000 (esp. the cowl) a lot better than the GT styling of the GT1000.

It wouldn't be my only bike, but it would be my primary bike since it would be much safer than the old Bim. I might consider painting it, but I do like the yellow color and it's historically accurate to the '70s 750 it's based on. It would also be more visible = a little safer.

Guzzis are nice, very similar to BMWs in mechanical terms, but I don't like most of the recent styling and they are a little heavy.
post #150 of 4728
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
What do people think about vintage Indian Chiefs?


Why wouldn't you get the new one that is substantially the same style wise?

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/TheM...5/Default.aspx
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles