or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 83

post #1231 of 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by palma View Post
Hey guys,

Glad to jump into this thread. I was wondering if any of you have experimented with these vintage style Firestone tires that I have seen on all the Zero Engineering Bikes.

http://onlyoldiesgarage.com/xcart/pr...roductid=16438

I have thought about putting them on a Harley Davidson Sportster 48 or Royal Enfield Bullet 500. Although, I am afraid RE 500 might suffer from a really screwed up alignment of the frame. Yes, this is purely for aesthetic purposes and giving up a bit of ride quality is a sacrifice I am willing to make, but not too the point that it is intolerable or deadly

Yeah, I see those a good bit on bikes, but I have no personal experience with them myself.
post #1232 of 4585
Once in a while, it's great to live in the south:


post #1233 of 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
There's a ride and handling quality about the Ducatis - MV Agustas too - that the Japanese bike makers just can't seem to duplicate. The only the Ducs need to push them over the top for me is more horses in the engine.

I'd frankly say that the Honda CBR is probably more agile, but the Duc. V-twin is just a more enjoyable engine to ride. I really think a V4 engine is the best of both worlds, but only Aprilia is running one right now and Honda wasted theirs in the new Goldwing - oops, I mean VFR1200.
post #1234 of 4585
post #1235 of 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Once in a while, it's great to live in the south:



The jerkstore called, they're running out of you.

I was supposed to throw my bike in a pickup and drive to Texas next week with a couple of friends, couple other bikes, and 2 cars on a trailer behind us, but I've been asked to go to Ghana for a couple weeks for work so I'll be doing that instead. I can't wait to get back on my Duc...and I really need to sell my R1200GS! Unfortunately the DMV in CT took 6 months to get me my Ducati title, so I'm afraid it'll take that long for the BMW as well and I won't be able to sell it until then.
post #1236 of 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookz View Post
The jerkstore called, they're running out of you.

I was supposed to throw my bike in a pickup and drive to Texas next week with a couple of friends, couple other bikes, and 2 cars on a trailer behind us, but I've been asked to go to Ghana for a couple weeks for work so I'll be doing that instead. I can't wait to get back on my Duc...and I really need to sell my R1200GS! Unfortunately the DMV in CT took 6 months to get me my Ducati title, so I'm afraid it'll take that long for the BMW as well and I won't be able to sell it until then.



Good luck in Ghana, be safe, and of course, good luck with DMV, which may prove a more formidable foe than a few weeks in Ghana..
post #1237 of 4585
Malaria almost killed me 3 weeks ago, so I figure what are the chances I'll pick it up on back to back trips to the region? I have to have better luck than that... Can't wait for NY to thaw out this spring though.
post #1238 of 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post

WTF is that a rocket launcher?
post #1239 of 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookz View Post
Malaria almost killed me 3 weeks ago, so I figure what are the chances I'll pick it up on back to back trips to the region? I have to have better luck than that...

Can't wait for NY to thaw out this spring though.

Glad to hear the outcome was not worse, that would have been a pretty ignoble way to go.. Srsly, be careful out there!

Yeah, last weekend was a little tease for spring to come. It's gonna be solid 30s all weekend now. Nice thing is there are usually at least 2 or 3 days a month in the dead of winter where it warms up enough to ride, just enough that I don't worry too much about winterizing all those f*cking bikes..
post #1240 of 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
Looks like a anti tank recoilless rifle mounted. It's hilarious that the driver has to sit on the tube.
post #1241 of 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Glad to hear the outcome was not worse, that would have been a pretty ignoble way to go.. Srsly, be careful out there!

Yeah, last weekend was a little tease for spring to come. It's gonna be solid 30s all weekend now. Nice thing is there are usually at least 2 or 3 days a month in the dead of winter where it warms up enough to ride, just enough that I don't worry too much about winterizing all those f*cking bikes..

Dood, 30s are good for riding! I used to put on my ski-doo suit and ride 30 miles into the nearest city when it was 10F.
post #1242 of 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Dood, 30s are good for riding! I used to put on my ski-doo suit and ride 30 miles into the nearest city when it was 10F.

fuck that noise, when it's below 50, my bikes stay parked and I ride around in my car..
post #1243 of 4585
... ..........

no one rides sports bikes here???

well.. I guess I'll contribute a few of my own...








post #1244 of 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duder View Post
... ..........

no one rides sports bikes here???


I used to, a long time ago had a 600F2, then a 600RR, moved away to a VFR800 and now have a Multistrada 1200.

But I gotta say, I've been wanting a new Aprilia RSV4, just waiting to see what the new non-trellised Ducati will look like - all those fancy electronics will be on every bike within 2 years. And the new Vyrus looks particularly hot. The Norton won't be as exciting since they dumped the rotary in favor of an I4.

Too many bikes, not enough garage space.
post #1245 of 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post
I used to, a long time ago had a 600F2, then a 600RR, moved away to a VFR800 and now have a Multistrada 1200.

But I gotta say, I've been wanting a new Aprilia RSV4, just waiting to see what the new non-trellised Ducati will look like - all those fancy electronics will be on every bike within 2 years. And the new Vyrus looks particularly hot. The Norton won't be as exciting since they dumped the rotary in favor of an I4.

Too many bikes, not enough garage space.

as much as I like the new fancy electronics that are coming out.... I still want that "old" ish Ducati Desmosidici... ( it is the closest thing to a MotoGP bike you can buy)

and none of the manufacturers have done that since the 80's ( RG500, RZV500R, NS400R)

what happened to race on sunday sell on monday......

or maybe its just me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles