or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Why am I like this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why am I like this? - Page 9

post #121 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Self-explanatory. 'This' can mean whatever you want. To get things rolling:


I've got to ask... are those "granny" knots? If so, is that on purpose?
post #122 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tck13 View Post
Mafoo, were you an only child?

No, but I was the youngest of three. Go ahead, analyze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
How has Vox let this thread go on this way for so long?

How have you let it go on this way for so long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post
What is your astrological sign?

Sagittarius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet Steadman View Post
I've got to ask... are those "granny" knots? If so, is that on purpose?

What's a granny knot? I just tied them the way I always tie my shoes.
post #123 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
What's a granny knot? I just tied them the way I always tie my shoes.

It looks like a granny knot. If so then it's not ideal because it's not secure or stable. The two loops should go to each side of the shoe not up and down.

Switch the way you tie the basic knot before you do the loop thing. In other words, if you put the left side over the right, than alternate and vice versa. Tie the loop part as you normally do. This will result in a more balanced knot.
post #124 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekonomist View Post
It looks like a granny knot. If so then it's not ideal because it's not secure or stable. The two loops should go to each side of the shoe not up and down.

Switch the way you tie the basic knot before you do the loop thing. In other words, if you put the left side over the right, than alternate and vice versa. Tie the loop part as you normally do. This will result in a more balanced knot.

+1 Granny knot is for nincompoops. Easily becomes untied in the course of daily activity, and prone to 'knotting' when you pull the lace to untie it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Why am I like this?