or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do you do mescaline?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you do mescaline? - Page 2

post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Salmon
Allow me to be more precise: is an SFer more likely to do drugs than the average person? Keeping in mind that we have a number of family men, attorneys and other "respectable" people here.

No, because SF is an internet forum, and thus we're nerdier, and thus we're less likely to do drugs.
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
No, because SF is an internet forum, and thus we're nerdier, and thus we're less likely to do drugs.
i dunno about this - it may have been true in the past, but nerds are rapidly morphing from "complete misfits" into "slightly marginalized outcasts," and all slightly marginalized outcasts do drugs

a lotta nerds nowadays embrace the drug lifestyle (limited to marijuana and occasionally psychedelics) because it is friendly, anti-authoritarian, and (rightly or wrongly) associated w/ creative forms of expressionism
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman
i dunno about this - it may have been true in the past, but nerds are rapidly morphing from "complete misfits" into "slightly marginalized outcasts," and all slightly marginalized outcasts do drugs

a lotta nerds nowadays embrace the drug lifestyle (limited to marijuana and occasionally psychedelics) because it is friendly, anti-authoritarian, and (rightly or wrongly) associated w/ creative forms of expressionism

You beat me to it. Agree completely; for the last time: Nerd is the new cool.
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Salmon
I have not tried it and have only encountered it once, but my guess is that mescaline cannot possibly be as good of a hallucinogen as LSD. LSD is the ultimate hallucinogen, rendering the inferior psilocybin (and probably mescaline) obsolete.
i dunno, i love me some lsd, but i also love me some mad psilocybin

to me, neither one is really inferior to the other - it's like comparing apples and oranges

a friend of mine recently made a comparison with pictures:

this is shrooms: http://tinyurl.com/kp46h

this is acid: http://tinyurl.com/n6c3s

it's not just the visual aspect - it's the way that it affects your thinking patterns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Nerd is the new cool.
mos def, my brotha
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Salmon
Do you think that people that are interested in fashion are more likely to do drugs?
If a troll eats his own mushroom, where does he sleep it off?
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
No, because SF is an internet forum, and thus we're nerdier, and thus we're less likely to do drugs.

Although, the Internet can be a form of addiction...

(I just blew your mind, didn't I?)

Jon.
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Although, the Internet can be a form of addiction...

(I just blew your mind, didn't I?)

Jon.
I didn't know you liked the Delfonics, Jon....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do you do mescaline?