or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Italy Trip.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Italy Trip.

post #1 of 190
Thread Starter 
Assume you have 10 days in Italy. Where would you go and for how long?
post #2 of 190
Rome.
post #3 of 190
Depends partially on the time of year
post #4 of 190
Thread Starter 
Early Oct.

Going with people that have never been to Italy.
post #5 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
Early Oct.

Going with people that have never been to Italy.

nice time, the weather will be perfect.

Rome for the majority of the time. Bus 3 hours up to Siena, spend a night, then bus up to Florence, spend a night.
post #6 of 190
Thread Starter 
We want to do Florence - is 2 days enough? Thinking the usual art places plus some shopping (non-bespoke).
post #7 of 190
Lucca (1), Cinqueterre (1), Florence (3), Siena (2), Rome (4)
post #8 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
We want to do Florence - is 2 days enough? Thinking the usual art places plus some shopping (non-bespoke).

I think so. Florence is pleasant, but I think you'd get a lot more out of spending more time in Rome.
post #9 of 190
2 days should be solid, I spent 1 night in Siena and it was enough for my tastes. Mind you it was a glorious 1 night and 2 days. I didn't go to Florence but my gf has spent plenty of time there and she says 2-3 days is plenty.
post #10 of 190
Thread Starter 
My initial thought was the following:

Rome - 5
Florence - 2
Siena - 1
Naples - 2
post #11 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
My initial thought was the following:

Rome - 5
Florence - 2
Siena - 1
Naples - 2

I can't comment on Naples, but the other 3 look great. Let me know if you need suggestions for hotels or food in Rome or Siena
post #12 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Lucca (1), Cinqueterre (1), Florence (3), Siena (2), Rome (4)

I did this almost this same trip a few years ago, except I hit a few more small towns and spent less time in Florence and Rome. I was in a rental car - very easy way to travel through Italy and you can see a lot of beautiful countryside in Umbria and Tuscany.
post #13 of 190
Naples is a bit of a stretch geographically - that's why I focused on places that can be done and enjoyed by car. Can easily create a loop with these places and end up where you started to return car and fly back.
post #14 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Naples is a bit of a stretch geographically - that's why I focused on places that can be done and enjoyed by car. Can easily create a loop with these places and end up where you started to return car and fly back.

It is - I may head down with my Father for a night via train.
post #15 of 190
I'm generally opposed to making lots of short stops on a holiday. Checking in/out of hotels and travelling every couple of days isn't very relaxing, especially combined with all the walking you do during the day as a tourist. You won't really be in Naples long enough to have any bespoke made, so personally, I'd cut it. I'm assuming you're going to stay in Florence and do a day trip to Siena, as opposed to staying overnight?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Italy Trip.