• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RTW Corthay Wilfred spectators

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s pair #2 as part of the recent shoe shopping spree – RTW Corthay Wilfred in old wood calf and Parisian brown suede calf.

<EDIT>: These are referred by Will of A Suitable Wardrobe as a city shoe, which is a non-boot version of the galosh. <EDIT>

These were made to the 002 last, which works better for me since the 001 last runs too long and narrow and the retailer didn’t carry half sizes or any widths other than E.

standard.jpg

A bit of a close up…

standard.jpg

Off we go on the 360 degree spin…

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The finishing on the sole is very nice…

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Let’s get into the details. The finishing is just first class.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The reverse burnishing works well with as the shoe darkens inwards.

standard.jpg

Photo manipulated to bring out the way this would age.

standard.jpg

Finally, the shoe trees look suspiciously like Berluti.

standard.jpg

Thanks for reading

standard.jpg

Gaz

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. The quality is apparent from the pictures. I'm not a fan of that color, but the shoes look excellent.

One thing I noticed. It seems stranged that the diamond punches aren't evenly spaced between the stitching... Nit picking, but you should be able to do that w/ a shoe of that price.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently I've been thinking that last 002 is more aesthetically pleasing than last 001. Also, the waist and finishing looks better here. Nice shoes, enjoy them.

Sir James

Reaction score
Congradulations on the beautiful shoes. That design interest me. I would love to have the tones reveresed, with the leather portion being darker and the suede protion being lighter. I am not formiliar with this brand. Where are they sold in the US and at what price range?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wow. thats one love-it-or-hate-it pair right there. a rather interesting (to say the least) combination, Gaz... hope you post a WAYWRN post with these soon.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tell you, those French sure knows how to PIMP

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those, very different.

Mike

CaesarSTL

Reaction score
Those are sexy as hell...in the kinky, different kind of way, but sexy nonetheless
devil.gif

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are absolutely badass! God I hope they are available in a US size 13, cause those definitely need to be my next pair of shoes.

WOW
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick google only revealed a price in HK dollars. Converted to US, that lands it right around $1,650 or so. Is that about right?

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Nice. The quality is apparent from the pictures. I'm not a fan of that color, but the shoes look excellent.

One thing I noticed. It seems stranged that the diamon punches are evenly spaced between the stitching... Nit picking, but you should be able to do that w/ a shoe of that price.

I noticed that too. I suppose one could argue that those uneven spaces are the result of less accurate hand finishing.

Originally Posted by Kuro
Recently I've been thinking that last 002 is more aesthetically pleasing than last 001. Also, the waist and finishing looks better here. Nice shoes, enjoy them.

Honestly, I prefer the 002 last since the 001 is way too narrow for my feet. I feel like even more of a clown if I wore the 001 last Arca in purple.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sir James
Congradulations on the beautiful shoes. That design interest me. I would love to have the tones reveresed, with the leather portion being darker and the suede protion being lighter. I am not formiliar with this brand. Where are they sold in the US and at what price range?

I don't like quoting prices but Corthay charges EU890 for MTO.

Originally Posted by acidicboy
wow. thats one love-it-or-hate-it pair right there. a rather interesting (to say the least) combination, Gaz... hope you post a WAYWRN post with these soon.

I am still trying to build confidence to post on WAYWRN.

Originally Posted by Omega Man
Wow, those are some funky looking specs!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanks

Originally Posted by lee_44106
I tell you, those French sure knows how to PIMP

It's PIMPed to the max. Have you seen some of his funkier stuff? Check out www.corthay.fr

Originally Posted by anon
definitely some interesting looking shoes. I'll withhold full judgment until I see them in action.

Will try to post some soon. Maybe Thursday when the HK iBlokes san PG hit the town at the Macallan whiskey tasting event.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
I like those, very different.

Mike

Thanks

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
10/10.

fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by CaesarSTL
Those are sexy as hell...in the kinky, different kind of way, but sexy nonetheless
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Chips
Those are absolutely badass! God I hope they are available in a US size 13, cause those definitely need to be my next pair of shoes.

WOW
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

They should

Originally Posted by Chips
A quick google only revealed a price in HK dollars. Converted to US, that lands it right around $1,650 or so. Is that about right?

Got them at much less. Retailer had a VIP discount going.

Gaz

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads