or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RTW Corthay Wilfred spectators
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RTW Corthay Wilfred spectators - Page 2

post #16 of 49
I have a vague memory that these are galoshes not specs. Regardless, they're certainly interesting.
post #17 of 49
Excellent pictures and the reverse burnishing is a great touch....the 002 last was a good choice
post #18 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post
I have a vague memory that these are galoshes not specs. Regardless, they're certainly interesting.
According to wikipedia, and not claiming that wikipedia is 100% accurate, "Galoshes (from French: galoches), also known as gumshoes, dickersons, or overshoes, are a type of rubber boot that is slipped over shoes to keep them from getting muddy or wet. The word Galoshes might be used interchangeably with boot, especially a rubberized boot. " Maybe you were thinking of something else but if I have misused the term "spectators" then I stand corrected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 View Post
Excellent pictures and the reverse burnishing is a great touch....the 002 last was a good choice
Thanks
post #19 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman70k View Post
According to wikipedia, and not claiming that wikipedia is 100% accurate, "Galoshes (from French: galoches), also known as gumshoes, dickersons, or overshoes, are a type of rubber boot that is slipped over shoes to keep them from getting muddy or wet. The word Galoshes might be used interchangeably with boot, especially a rubberized boot. "

Maybe you were thinking of something else but if I have misused the term "spectators" then I stand corrected.
Thanks

I'm far from an expert and haven't had a chance to search on the SF (it may have been AA). As I said, a vague memory of learned brethern discussing the various shoe classifications. Throw some pics up on the Spectator Porn thread for fun.

Anyway - very nice shoes and an excellent score.
post #20 of 49
WOW.
Not a fan of their pointy lasts, but this color and leather combo is awesome.
post #21 of 49
Beautiful, and perhaps the only pair of spectators I think I could wear and not look like, well, someone wearing a pair of spectators.
post #22 of 49
I'm usually not a big spectators fan but those are absolutely sublime.
post #23 of 49
Very nice. Very French.
post #24 of 49
Corthay is doing great shoes like Anthony Delos or Dimitri Gomez..
They have great cobblers in Paris and great compagnons...
I like the idea of the Arca but my problem are the patinas..
I want some extremely wooden and dark at the same time...
post #25 of 49
They look like they've survived a chemical spill.
post #26 of 49
The shoes look like they've been salvaged
from a particularly nasty industrial accident.
post #27 of 49
There's an Edit button, comrade.

As unusual as they are, I think they'd be fairly versatile. The colours are mostly neutral.
post #28 of 49
I know it's been said, but... WOW
post #29 of 49
Awesome shoes. Finally got to see Corthay in person recently and I really like them! Longing for a few pair!
post #30 of 49
My AMEX is enjoying the love..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RTW Corthay Wilfred spectators