or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › True Blood
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

True Blood - Page 51

post #751 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkk View Post
Good memory. If Russell truly dies in this manner, its the antithesis of climactic. There needs to be an epic battle to kill a vampire of 3000 years. And where is the VLA during all of this mess? Either the finale is 2 hours long, or they're sweeping a lot of the plot under the rug.
My guess is that next season's villain is humans in general, X-Men style. Maybe an "authority" figure as well, who will want to kidnap Sookie for her blood and/or turn on Erik as a scapegoat because the humans want blood, and he's the closest thing to Russell that the authority can provide. Russell pretty much had to die this way, unfortunately, or else the entire premise of vampire strength in the True Blood universe ("X+1 age always beats X age") would be compromised even more than it already has been. Russell cannot be bested in a physical confrontation, so outfoxing him and tricking him into going outside was pretty much the only way. Also, keep in mind that this isn't an action show; they're not going to have epic, Star Wars style battles between vampires.
post #752 of 1171
They are doing witches next season
post #753 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
They are doing witches next season

They need to stop having so many supernatural types running around. Ugh.
post #754 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
They need to stop having so many supernatural types running around. Ugh.
How do you expect them to keep this series running?
post #755 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R. View Post
I'm still not liking the fact Tara is allowed screen time. People in that town seem to drop dead all the time. Why not her?
My wife says in the books Tara hooks up with some local hick and fades into the background partway through the series. Doesn't even have to be bloody to be effective.
post #756 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButler View Post
My wife says in the books Tara hooks up with some local hick and fades into the background partway through the series.
Pretty much. She ends up with another small part somewhere in the later books. Basically worthless.
post #757 of 1171
For fuck's sake, stop it with the book spoilers. I really find it weird that people have to keep saying as much. Just stop. Every time this is debated, most people agree that it's annoying as shit.
post #758 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post
the gay offsets the black so he's neutral

very scientific...i like it.
post #759 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
For fuck's sake, stop it with the book spoilers. I really find it weird that people have to keep saying as much. Just stop. Every time this is debated, most people agree that it's annoying as shit.
Are you on crack? We were talking about Tara who a) is completely insignificant in so far as the books go, b) already well established as being completely different from the books. If I said she turned into a fucking unicorn in the first book, what would it matter? Also, they've already come out and publicly stated that witches will be next year's villain.
post #760 of 1171
Yah. Reading half of book one and seeing two episodes of season one you will already see the differences.
post #761 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Are you on crack? We were talking about Tara who a) is completely insignificant in so far as the books go, b) already well established as being completely different from the books. If I said she turned into a fucking unicorn in the first book, what would it matter? Also, they've already come out and publicly stated that witches will be next year's villain.
Look, dude, I don't care if something as "insignificant" as Tara's favorite cereal brand is revealed in the book and you spoil it here. It doesn't matter. The point is that it's not your call to make about what the rest of us do and do not find worthy of being spoiled. We don't want anything spoiled. As stated before, too, it doesn't really matter if tne book is different in certain places. Enough has already been spoiled from the book on this thread that has matched up with the show (Crystal as werepanther, for instance) to where it's pissed people off. You've been asked before to fucking stop. Just stop. Stop arguing about it, stop justifying your douchebaggery, and stop spoiling on the thread. This shouldn't be too difficult of a concept to grasp.
post #762 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
My guess is that next season's villain is humans in general, X-Men style. Maybe an "authority" figure as well, who will want to kidnap Sookie for her blood and/or turn on Erik as a scapegoat because the humans want blood, and he's the closest thing to Russell that the authority can provide.

Russell pretty much had to die this way, unfortunately, or else the entire premise of vampire strength in the True Blood universe ("X+1 age always beats X age") would be compromised even more than it already has been. Russell cannot be bested in a physical confrontation, so outfoxing him and tricking him into going outside was pretty much the only way. Also, keep in mind that this isn't an action show; they're not going to have epic, Star Wars style battles between vampires.

I like the Anne Rice way better. Lestat standing up to Armand, even when he was a fledging type stuff.
post #763 of 1171
Werepanthers > Werewolves. Just saying. Crystal's still kinda busted though. That being said, I need a gif of her transforming please. Also - Sookie isn't going to get that the whole 'Please Russell, drink her blood' thing was a plan from the start and she'll end it with Beeeeeel.
post #764 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
Also - Sookie isn't going to get that the whole 'Please Russell, drink her blood' thing was a plan from the start and she'll end it with Beeeeeel.

LOL, almost a guarantee.

"Beeeel, you used me! *whine whine bitch bitch* Just go away! I never want to see you again!"
"But Sookeh, ah was trying to protect you!"
etc.
post #765 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
Look, dude, I don't care if something as "insignificant" as Tara's favorite cereal brand is revealed in the book and you spoil it here. It doesn't matter. The point is that it's not your call to make about what the rest of us do and do not find worthy of being spoiled. We don't want anything spoiled. As stated before, too, it doesn't really matter if tne book is different in certain places. Enough has already been spoiled from the book on this thread that has matched up with the show (Crystal as werepanther, for instance) to where it's pissed people off. You've been asked before to fucking stop. Just stop. Stop arguing about it, stop justifying your douchebaggery, and stop spoiling on the thread. This shouldn't be too difficult of a concept to grasp.
But how is it a spoiler if its already passed in the story timeline and they're never going to use it in the show??? You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Stop being a prick.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › True Blood