or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Michel Angelo of Napoli?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Michel Angelo of Napoli?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Sierra Trading Post has a few things from "Michel Angelo of Napoli." Does anyone have experience with these? Quality? Cut? Similar to?
post #2 of 11
I actually learned about this brand on this board. They are associated with Isiaa in some manner. Very good quality, full canvas, nicely cut. This is an Angelo.
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel


You look wonderful, except I don't like the napkin.

How did you get so tanned?
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaclav
You look wonderful, except I don't like the napkin.

How did you get so tanned?

Thank you.

I only wear that napkin when I eat borscht or linguini bolognese as I can clean up any mess without compromising the look of the napkin.

The tan is a souvenir from a recent trip to guantanamo bay.
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Beautiful jacket.
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
I only wear that napkin when I eat borscht or linguini bolognese as I can clean up any mess without compromising the look of the napkin.
I didn't know, you like borscht.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
The tan is a souvenir from a recent trip to guantanamo bay.
I'm happy to hear,it's not from a salon.
post #7 of 11
Actually, I think they're fused w/ canvassed lapels a la Polo blue label. Admittedly, I only tried on one suit and sportsjacket before returning them, but overall, they were very... roomy. Definitely appeared to be geared towards the American market where they think people are large.....
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by regularjoe
Actually, I think they're fused w/ canvassed lapels a la Polo blue label. Admittedly, I only tried on one suit and sportsjacket before returning them, but overall, they were very... roomy. Definitely appeared to be geared towards the American market where they think people are large.....

This is the jacket that I am wearing:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/2...t-For-Men.html

I had to do very minimal (an inch or so)waist suppresion and I am average build (5'11 165-170lbs). According to STP, it is 3/4 canvas construction are you saying that they mean only the lapels or is the item misrepresented?

Here is a pic of the back. While not super fitted a la Dior Homme, I would not say that it is roomy either
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel

I had to do very minimal (an inch or so)waist suppresion and I am average build (5'11 165-170lbs). According to STP, it is 3/4 canvas construction are you saying that they mean only the lapels or is the item misrepresented?


I'm a skinnier guy. Maybe it's the models I tried on, but it was very boxy along the waist. I couldn't see taking them in as much as they needed to without throwing off the balance.

As for 3/4 construction, maybe their definition is not the same as yours or mine. The lapels have a roll to them so their sewn in but the chest piece felt like it was fused to me using the old pinch test. For me, it wasn't even a case where it was hard to tell.

I would have kept the pieces but the surgery required probably would have run me as much as the suit and jacket so I returned them.
post #10 of 11
In your first picture are you wearing striped trousers or is that just a continuation of the shirt peeking between the front quarters and you're not wearing any trousers at all? Either way I applaud you for your audacity.

Stephen
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning
In your first picture are you wearing striped trousers or is that just a continuation of the shirt peeking between the front quarters and you're not wearing any trousers at all? Either way I applaud you for your audacity.

Stephen

I'm pantless and proud.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Michel Angelo of Napoli?