• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
The Unknown American Revolution
The Power of Now (this bud's for you, Steve B)

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reading, again, all of the Colin Dexter "Inspector Morse" mysteries. Currently, "Service of All the Dead".

mistahlee

Reaction score
On Saturday, at an antiquarian book fair, I picked up three volumes of cartoons by Peter Arno, from the 1930's and 40's. No doubt many on this forum have enjoyed Mr. Arno's urbane and sophisticated work. Anyway, that's what I read last night.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noel Coward -- Private Lives
Alain de Botton -- Status Anxiety

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Passing Time, by Michel Butor

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some history: compilation of Roman writers, and chipping away at the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.

Just finished What's the Matter with Kansas.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Just finished The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. now reading Chronicles: Part One by Bob Dylan

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mostly spending time reading "work" related stuff - preping for job interviews. read freakonomics and blink in the past 2 months, and read terry prachetts Thump" - every time I read some fiction I think that I really need to read more fiction, and then I don't get around to it for months.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mere Christianity, CS Lewis
Relativity, Albert Einstein

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
mostly spending time reading "work" related stuff - preping for job interviews. read freakonomics and blink in the past 2 months, and read terry prachetts Thump" - every time I read some fiction I think that I really need to read more fiction, and then I don't get around to it for months.

Three cheers for Pratchett. I love Pratchett!

bob

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Willow, Wine, Mirror, Moon: Women's Poems from Tang China - ed. Jeanne Larson
Seize the Day - Saul Bellow
Sonnets from Scotland - Edwin Morgan

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a bit cliche, especially with the movie and all, but I'm reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. It's been on my "to read" list for a long, long time, and I've finally gotten around to it. It's wonderfully descriptive. Capote had a true feel for the people and places about which he was writing.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maupassant, un peu par dÃ
00a9.png
soeuvrement.
In English: Collection of texts by various foreign and US authors on being an expatriate.
In German : Der Verdacht, Friedrich Dürrenmatt.

Looking forward to a trip to Europe to replenish my shelves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads