or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What are you reading?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are you reading? - Page 332

post #4966 of 5699
Right now I'm reading Love me, Hate me: Barry Bonds, it's very good so far. You really get a behind the scenes look at the man through everyone he came in contact with. I also picked up The Bad Guys Won, about the 86 Mets and all their shenagans, I can't wait to start it.
post #4967 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by legorogel View Post

Finished signal&noise. Was alright.
Next on my list after just readin antifragile is the black swan.


Have you read anything by Taleb ?  He is a pretty funny guy when I am smart enough to understand his sarcasm. 

post #4968 of 5699
Who of you uses an ebook reader? Anyone a Kindle paperwhite?
post #4969 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Who of you uses an ebook reader? Anyone a Kindle paperwhite?

Yes, it is quite nice to use! I would greatly recommend it.
post #4970 of 5699

Has anyone read the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series?  Having watched the first couple of seasons of Game of Thrones on HBO, I am thinking about reading the series.

post #4971 of 5699
The series are pretty great. It lags a bit in the fourth book but it remains entertaining throughout.

Highly recommended.
post #4972 of 5699
First three books are phenomenal. Fourth is mediocre, fifth rebounds a bit. Reading them will probably enhance your viewing experience, as they will flesh out characters, background info, etc.
post #4973 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Who of you uses an ebook reader? Anyone a Kindle paperwhite?

I use a Kindle Touch and a Kindle Fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsmith4 View Post

Has anyone read the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series?  Having watched the first couple of seasons of Game of Thrones on HBO, I am thinking about reading the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

The series are pretty great. It lags a bit in the fourth book but it remains entertaining throughout.

Highly recommended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post

First three books are phenomenal. Fourth is mediocre, fifth rebounds a bit. Reading them will probably enhance your viewing experience, as they will flesh out characters, background info, etc.

I've read all five, loved them all to varying degrees, and I can't wait for the sixth book. That being said... I think the fifth and most recent book was by far the worst. So bloated and sloppy it reminded me of a WoT novel. Book 4 gets all the hate but, for me, it's miles better than numero 5. Hoping GRRM rebounds as this next one is the penultimate in the series.
Edited by Reynard369 - 1/16/13 at 6:41am
post #4974 of 5699


Pretty good so far, very reminiscent of old school crime novels. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Jason Starr, I love me some Ken Bruen.
post #4975 of 5699
Just started reading Boris Akunin's She Lover of Death. I'll have to read its partner, He Lover of Death straight after that.
post #4976 of 5699

Just finished Haruki Murakami's What I Talk About When I Talk About Running. Really want to get running now. Interestingly enough, this is my first Murakami book. I will probably pick up Norwegian Wood now to start off on his fiction novels.

post #4977 of 5699

Do it. I started with "Norwegian Wood", then "South of the border, West of the sun" and now I´m with "The wind up bird chronicle". After that I´ll probably start with "Kafka on the shore".

post #4978 of 5699
Pretty hooked on Phillip Kerr´s "Bernie Gunther" series at the moment. Finished "If the dead rise not" and just started "The one from the other". I can't recommend them enough. The plots are great, and the dialogue is fantastic.
post #4979 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Biker View Post

Do it. I started with "Norwegian Wood", then "South of the border, West of the sun" and now I´m with "The wind up bird chronicle". After that I´ll probably start with "Kafka on the shore".

Thank you for the suggestions! I'm a bit upset that the only other Murakami book that my library has is 1Q84. That book is just a tad bit daunting... laugh.gif

So it looks like I'll be purchasing Norwegian Wood on Amazon. 

post #4980 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Who of you uses an ebook reader? Anyone a Kindle paperwhite?
Received mine two days ago and love it (although I'll get it replaced since the lighting is a bit uneven). I read a lot when I was younger and didn't as much as I'd like to in the past four to five years. Hardly read anything actually; the Tales of the Otori series, which is fantastic, but that's about it. It will change now.

I'm reading Pride & Prejudice, 1/3 through the book and love it. I've just watched the movie ('05) four times in a week and it's fun to read the book now. Next in line is Murakami's Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World. It'll be my first Murakami too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What are you reading?