What are you reading? - Page 321
I bought the first book in the series. Seems like something I would like but it's really hard to follow.
My bad, just saw this. If you're interested in the epic, long, ton of books type of fantasy, I would check out...
1) A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin (Obvious, and I'm sure you've already read it) read it
2) Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson (Have a lot more respect for him as a writer now that I've gotten further in the series. He handles a lot of characters very well.) read it
3) The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson (Only 1 book out so far, but it's a doorstop at 1100 pages, and the next one should be out next year) just read it. not bad but not good as some of his other works like Mistborn
For slightly less epic reads, I'd go for:
1) The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss (Really awesome. Two books out, supposed to be a trilogy, but I have no idea how he's going to finish it off with one book.) read it
2) The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks (Put off reading these for a long time because the covers make them look so fucking stupid, but I'm glad I finally did.)
2a) The Lightbringer Series by Brent Weeks (Haven't read any of it yet, but based on the strength of his Night Angel series, it's probably pretty good.) need to read these series
3) Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson (He's a good writer, not quite on the level of some of the other guys here imo, but Mistborn is just a really cool series, and only 3 books.) read it. there's a 4th book out now.
answered. decided to read Mary Doria Russell's The Sparrow.
just finished A Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich (Solzhenistsyn), talk about packing a punch...
One of the first novels published in Russia about Stalin's gulags (the propaganda ministry actually had the author add a negative reference to Stalin amazingly enough), it's an incredible window into the despair, humor and humanity caused by the life in a Siberian camp.
38th book read this year, looks like I should be able to reach my goal of 50