or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › New cell phone: Style before content!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New cell phone: Style before content!

post #1 of 52
Thread Starter 
Inspired by this thread, I want to ask you what you consider the most stylish phone existing at this moment? At the moment I have the SE W890i ***************************************************************************** Reader discretion adviced: I am thinking of taking a new phone for no other reason than a slight yearning for a new gadget. Also soon I have to make the choice between a 'free' new phone or reduced rates (50%). I would only be interested in this if it were the best looking phone eva. And it would almost have to be, since I'm quite happy with the design of the current one. Best thing, about it is the thinness, the unusual colour and the fact that it has an almost whole metal case. I have yet to see a better looking phone. ***************************************************************************** And I am a form before content kind of guy (were it comes to my phones, at least). Camera: don't care. Internet: dont care. Wifi: haha FM radio: would be nice GSM 1800 network Suggestions, please?
post #2 of 52
some japanese phones can be ordered depending on your provider and they make some kickass looking phones.

as for ones that aren't so much trouble i always liked the HTC Dream*G1 in europe*, the LG-KU990 looks nice and has Div-x playback. and now for a pic of each





and a nifty JP phone for the hell of it*pretty much OoP already. not many made and the fanboys got em all*
post #3 of 52
Xperia X2 or Nokia N97..there's also Samsung INNOV8
post #4 of 52
Thread Starter 
Thanks so far. The phones posted thus far are all more or less good looking multi media phones, or truly good looking 'personal computers'. That is at the moment not what I am looking for. I'd like suggestions more in line with the (concept) Nokia Aeon, if possible. So I am not opposed to content. It just shouldn't interfere with the looks of the phone. Aeon
post #5 of 52
This seems like a ridiculous question - get a phone that you like because of the way it works, not because of how it looks.
post #6 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
This seems like a ridiculous question - get a phone that you like because of the way it works, not because of how it looks.

+1. This rule could be applied to all facets of life!
post #7 of 52
Thread Starter 
Yes, and ofcourse the same goes for: -Clothing: keep you warm and not-nude -Houses: provide shelter out of the rain -Cars: drive -Art: covers damp spot on wall -Grilfriend: uncovers damp spot in body I want my phone to phone (tele). Most of them do.
post #8 of 52
you know, one by one I am watching my friends reverting to the cheapest Nokias in the store
post #9 of 52
The most stylish phone available.

post #10 of 52
I agree that its tough to find a decent looking phone. I'm not a fan of the majority of phones out there. There's two that I like. One is more than I'm willing to pay, the second is not quite out yet:

http://www.serenemobile.com/

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...se-lego-phone/

post #11 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
This seems like a ridiculous question - get a phone that you like because of the way it works, not because of how it looks.
I disagree. As a person who only needs a phone to make simple calls and to occasionally send a text message, last month I simply chose the most attractive phone with the least amount of bullshit and smallest size that I could find for a certain price. I ended up with a Samsung t339, which isn't the most attractive phone, but it's all charcoal with no Mountain Dew looking extreme colour trim; which I found is nearly impossible to find on a phone for under $150. Why are most phones so ugly? A basic cell phone seems like such an easy thing to not screw up. I just want a phone with right angles, flip style, under 3.5 inches in length and 2 inches in width, NO glossy parts anywhere on the phone at all, and one solid colour. Does this exist for under $200? How about wooden cell phones? I know I've seen some before; are there any companies currently making any?
post #12 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
The most stylish phone available.
I would rather like one. At least as a second phone. But only if the big battery had a modern power supply, like about 3-4 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countdemoney View Post
I agree that its tough to find a decent looking phone. I'm not a fan of the majority of phones out there. There's two that I like. One is more than I'm willing to pay, the second is not quite out yet: http://www.serenemobile.com/ http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...se-lego-phone/
These are exactly like what I am talking about. Thx.
post #13 of 52
Just about all cellphones are ugly. Like so many other consumer electronics, they're designed with extra bits of metallic-looking trim and gee-whiz features that impede function for the sake of appearing more 'technological'. The iPhone is an improvement, but it does way too much for my purposes--I prefer to have real buttons and no non-phone features.

Is there anything like that out there?
post #14 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFS View Post
Thanks so far. The phones posted thus far are all more or less good looking multi media phones, or truly good looking 'personal computers'. That is at the moment not what I am looking for. I'd like suggestions more in line with the (concept) Nokia Aeon, if possible. So I am not opposed to content. It just shouldn't interfere with the looks of the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Just about all cellphones are ugly. Like so many other consumer electronics, they're designed with extra bits of metallic-looking trim and gee-whiz features that impede function for the sake of appearing more 'technological'. The iPhone is an improvement, but it does way too much for my purposes--I prefer to have real buttons and no non-phone features. Is there anything like that out there?
Nokia 6300 - http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6300-1800.php Nokia 6500 Classic - http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6500_classic-1997.php Nokia 6500 Slide - http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6500_slide-1996.php Nokia 8800 series - http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3...ame=nokia+8800 Vertu (Ascent Ti or Constellation) - http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3...es&sName=vertu Samsung Sereneata - http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_serenata-2130.php LG GD900 'Crystal' - Not yet available, but transparent keys are surely style before content! - http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_gd900_crystal-2788.php Motorola VU20 - http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_pebl_vu20-2820.php Motorola Razr2 V9x - http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_razr2_v9x-2547.php Vertu and Nokia 8800 Arte phones are getting rather cheap on the secondhand market. They would be an excellent choice for someone who valued a stylish and well made phone over a feature filled one.
post #15 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Just about all cellphones are ugly. Like so many other consumer electronics, they're designed with extra bits of metallic-looking trim and gee-whiz features that impede function for the sake of appearing more 'technological'. The iPhone is an improvement, but it does way too much for my purposes--I prefer to have real buttons and no non-phone features.

Is there anything like that out there?



Note buttondown collar.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › New cell phone: Style before content!