• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who has the Prada hook up

turboman808

Reaction score
OK I went hunting for some white drivers. Only pair I really liked were the Prada white drivers at Neiman Markus. Thing is I just don't want to pay full price of $420. So if anyone knows where online I cna get these at a nice discount I wold much appreciate it.

I couldn't even find a picture of them let alone anyone selling them.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
if you steal the shoes they will be $0

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Learning how to spell may increase your ability to earn $420.

Lachy

Reaction score
Thats a pretty high post count to be unaware of the Prada hate that goes on around here ...

lurker[1].gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Short answer: wait a few weeks until seasonal sales. Probably they are already going on. Call a regular Prada boutique... you can google them (NYC, LA, etc.) You can order them by phone and they'll ship them to you. They'll probably be up to half off.

Aside from that, Tod's is famous for their driving shoes, as is car-shoe, who did a collabo with Prada and makes many of the driving shoes for them.

Prada DOES get lots of SF hate... some deservedly, but a lot is not.

Good luck.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've always wondered why plenty of people hate on Prada, more specifically I remember some complaining because of the red stripe and that it is like advertising. It was a bit confusing because the Prada red stripe seems to be one of the less noticeable logo/branding compared to other brands such as Gucci, D&G, RL with their big pony's, etc... I don't know how it could bother so many people, maybe I'm missing something?

spreadcollar

Reaction score
pretty sure the prada boutiques in nyc went on sale a few weeks ago. you might give them a call as i suspect you are not in nyc. oh, and i'll take prada over D&G or gucci any day of the week.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I've always wondered why plenty of people hate on Prada, more specifically I remember some complaining because of the red stripe and that it is like advertising. It was a bit confusing because the Prada red stripe seems to be one of the less noticeable logo/branding compared to other brands such as Gucci, D&G, RL with their big pony's, etc... I don't know how it could bother so many people, maybe I'm missing something?
+1. Also, the red stripe is just one LINE from Prada, and Prada has TONS of different lines and levels, many of which have almost no logos at all (or very minimal logos). So, saying you hate Prada because of the red stripe is like saying you hate RL because the size of the ponies on the polo shirts. Prada makes a lot of abysmal ****, yes, but they also do some good stuff. It's just that it's "the thing" to do to hate on brands here at SF, so the few guys who have a legitimate gripe then get a lot of bandwagoning from guys who saw a pair of Prada Sport pants at Filene's Basement that nobody else wanted to buy (and that are really ******) and then say, "Yah, duder, Prada like totally blows!"

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...as mentioned above...why not Tod's if you are looking for something like that?

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
pretty much. it's like indie rockers with bands.

"ugh. i wore nudie when it was cool."

turboman808

Reaction score
I have seen the tod's and don't care for them. Maybe they have others ut the ones I saw were pretty plain. The Salvatore Ferragamo Parigi look pretty nice and similar to the Prada pair that I saw. I just haven't seen the Salvatore pair in real life just the internet. I live 20 minutes from NYC but don't go into the city much. Just for shows and dinner.
smile.gif

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the record I don't hate prada, I hate illiteracy.

I wear Dreamer weekly and one of my favorite white dress shirts is Prada.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads