• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hill-Side

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New up on Context - this stuff looks great: http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...he%20Hill-Side

I just ordered some of the bandanas and the pocket square. I don't get quite understand the need for the ties in some of those fabrics though, but whatever. Can't wait to see what else they'll put out.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't get over the fact that they're calling them pocketsquares and not handkerchiefs. Anyway, I really like the plum violet PS and tie.
selvage_plum_violet_indigo_chambray.jpg
selvage_chambray_pocket_square_plum_violet.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well they have the bandana at 21x21 and the pocket square at 13x13. I guess the bandana would be what you'd call the handkerchief.

I think the chambray ties are the only ones I like, especially that pink one.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, that Context email made me take a look, too. I wonder what the hand is like on a couple of these items.

+1

Would the hemp denim tie look silly with a black suit?

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda want the pocket square

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, that Context email made me take a look, too. I wonder what the hand is like on a couple of these items.
^ Hopefully on the soft side, especially since this dude is rubbing his glasses with the chambray.
03.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Next time I'm out chopping wood and delivering my calves, I'll be sure to wear these. I'm sure all of you will too.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I think bobo just came in his carpenter pants.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
luckily, true vintage carpenters (and some of the better repros) have a little coated gauze pocket just inside the zipper in case that happens.

On topic - some of that stuff looks real nice but not for me, which is saying a lot considering my current chambray fetish.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Next time I'm out chopping wood and delivering my calves, I'll be sure to wear these. I'm sure all of you will too.

Consider it done.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
For cleaning up my keyboard actually. ^_^

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I think bobo just came in his carpenter pants.

smile.gif
Not this time actually. The ties are too short (and too expensive) for me. And I really cant imagine what theyd go with.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
^ Hopefully on the soft side, especially since this dude is rubbing his glasses with the chambray.

03.jpg

and that's how you get scratches on your glasses

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very curious to know how soft this fabric is when someone gets their order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads