or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Got my shirts back from MyTailor.com! How do they look?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Got my shirts back from MyTailor.com! How do they look? - Page 3

post #31 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloX View Post
The legatia's are pretty nice drivers. Got my ass handed to me at IASCA finals in 07 by a set of legs. Although I spanked his truck earlier in the year. The guys at Hybrid went all out to make sure Dave was going to win. And win he did. Handily. My car was no slouch either. Scott and Bill had Dave's truck sounding great. Since I have totally derailed your thread.... What kind of power will they be seeing? Competing?
No, not competing. That last thing I need is something else to spend tons of money on. I did talk with Scott before picking the Hybrids. He's a super nice guy. I like helping out the small business guys. I started with Sundown amps and haven't been upset with them yet. SAX-125.2 for the front. SAZ-1000D for the low end... a SI Mag v4, which I'm in love with. Those TRU amps look hawt, though. But it's be a waste. I'm in a supercharged Mustang. SQ is not a practical goal. Besides, it's starting to look like I"ll be dropping some more coin on shirts! I want a nice sport coat, too.
post #32 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaster View Post
No, not competing. That last thing I need is something else to spend tons of money on. I did talk with Scott before picking the Hybrids. He's a super nice guy. I like helping out the small business guys.

I started with Sundown amps and haven't been upset with them yet. SAX-125.2 for the front. SAZ-1000D for the low end... a SI Mag v4, which I'm in love with.

Those TRU amps look hawt, though. But it's be a waste. I'm in a supercharged Mustang. SQ is not a practical goal. Besides, it's starting to look like I"ll be dropping some more coin on shirts! I want a nice sport coat, too.

Sundowns are great amps. I am a Zapco guy myself.

Good luck and happy listening!
post #33 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandySF View Post
My first order with MyTailor was pretty good, but the the shirts needed to be taken in around the torso and shortened in the sleeves. I pinned the shirts and sent them back to MyTailor for alterations. They came back fitting fine. Orders since then have been dead on.

Do you use the website to place your order? Or just the in-person visits?
post #34 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaster View Post
I do not want a super fitted shirt. I move around a lot and am pretty active.

"This is relevant to my interests", as the kids say, because I have my first MyTailor order in process right now and expect to receive it in a couple of weeks. Looking at your photos I'm encouraged that the fabrics, stitching, etc. look fantastic. The pattern matching shoulders-sleeves on the stripes is great. On the other hand, you really shouldn't have that much mushrooming/billowing around the midsection where you tuck in your shirt, even if you aren't going for super fitted. That gives me a little cause for concern. I do hope you'll give us a follow-up pic after a couple of washings. I did request a slim fit on my order, so I'll post my results as well.
post #35 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaster View Post
Do you use the website to place your order? Or just the in-person visits?

I've met with Joe for each of my three visits.
post #36 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrefinery View Post
"This is relevant to my interests", as the kids say, because I have my first MyTailor order in process right now and expect to receive it in a couple of weeks. Looking at your photos I'm encouraged that the fabrics, stitching, etc. look fantastic. The pattern matching shoulders-sleeves on the stripes is great. On the other hand, you really shouldn't have that much mushrooming/billowing around the midsection where you tuck in your shirt, even if you aren't going for super fitted. That gives me a little cause for concern. I do hope you'll give us a follow-up pic after a couple of washings. I did request a slim fit on my order, so I'll post my results as well.

hehe... yes, I will post "after" photos. Ram is back in Houston next week, so I need to have these washed before I see him for modifications.

So to ask a newbie question... how do I wash them? Throw them in the washing machine then hang dry? (no tumble dry, I got that part)

Please advise!
post #37 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaster View Post
So to ask a newbie question... how do I wash them? Throw them in the washing machine then hang dry? (no tumble dry, I got that part)

I have a fairly new machine that has a "hand wash" setting, and I use that on my nicer cotton shirts, with warm water and an ordinary detergent. Then I lay them flat on a drying rack. So far that's worked out well for me.
post #38 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaster View Post
hehe... yes, I will post "after" photos. Ram is back in Houston next week, so I need to have these washed before I see him for modifications.

So to ask a newbie question... how do I wash them? Throw them in the washing machine then hang dry? (no tumble dry, I got that part)

Please advise!

Do you intend always to launder your shirts at home? If you plan to use a commercial laundry, you might as send them to their fate and see what kind of shrinkage results--no sense in delaying the inevitable by washing them at home.
post #39 of 52
i think the fit looks great.
post #40 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandySF View Post
Do you intend always to launder your shirts at home? If you plan to use a commercial laundry, you might as send them to their fate and see what kind of shrinkage results--no sense in delaying the inevitable by washing them at home.

I never wash my dress shirts at home. They are all dry cleaned.

But I'm going to try it this once. I want some shrinkage before I see Mr. Keswani next week. I'm going to request a couple small changes.

I'll also put in an order for a couple solids. Any advice on a nice fabric for solids?
post #41 of 52
Take a look at the Thomas Mason books. If they don't happen to bring those books, ask for something of similar quality.
post #42 of 52
Thread Starter 
Ok, so I washed the shirts, in "Hand Washables" mode. Then dried them in "Low Delicate" mode. We have shrinkage.

Here are some updated pics. I put on the same jeans for comparison.

It fits more snugly. Sleeves look and feel better. The yoke seems to be at nearly the same place. One pic with my arm extended, the side bows out. But I think I need it there.

Thoughts after one wash? Better, yes? I'm excited about the next order.











This last photo shows pulling at the buttons. Not sure if there is a way to avoid this, huh?

post #43 of 52
How's the collar fit? It looks like it shrunk as well?
post #44 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78 View Post
How's the collar fit? It looks like it shrunk as well?

Didn't even think about that.

Buttoned, I can still get 3 or 4 finger under the collar. Plenty of room.

I don't wear ties often at all (weddings and interviews only ) so I'm rarely button that high. But all four of these shirts are button downs. My next couple will have a traditional collar.

I'll take the shirts to the cleaners tomorrow. The collar and cuffs will be better shaped than my ironing.
post #45 of 52
^ Looks better after the wash.

I wouldn't worry about the slight pulling in the last pic, as you probably won't be using your 'Supaman Pose' that often

If it was me, I'd ask for slightly slimmer and shorter sleeves.

To me, the biggest issue is the shoulders, which I think would look better if they were shorter/narrower by at least a ½ inch (on each side).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Got my shirts back from MyTailor.com! How do they look?