or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Grenson
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grenson - Page 3

post #31 of 80
Jeez, I didn't think this day would come - -I figured all the remaining Grenson Masterpieces were long gone, presumably sold off in sales in the UK.

Fortunately for those who bought last time we already know what our size is! At least one of the pairs I bought last time -- a fantastic pair of black tassel loafers -- has the Paul Stuart label inside and on the bottom.
post #32 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funeral Wog
l understand that Grensons were at Bennies a couple of years ago. How many Grensons were sold last time?

I think it was something like 1000 pairs. Some stuck around for a while. I managed to pick up a pair of dirty bucks for $100 late in the game.
post #33 of 80
I'm normally between a 9 and a 9.5 in U.S. sizing. I can wear most 9s, in terms of length, but the toebox tends to squeeze a bit too much and I end up going to a 9.5. Suggestions on my size in Grensons?

Thanks, guys.
post #34 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I'm normally between a 9 and a 9.5 in U.S. sizing. I can wear most 9s, in terms of length, but the toebox tends to squeeze a bit too much and I end up going to a 9.5. Suggestions on my size in Grensons?

Thanks, guys.

This year at Paul Stuart they had 2 lasts for Masterpieces. One was a traditional rounded toe (think EG 202) and the other was a more chisled toe (think EG 888). The rounded last ran very true to size and I took a 1/2 down on the chisled toe last.
post #35 of 80
Thread Starter 
I sold approx 750 pairs from August to Oct in 2004......it was a wild and crazy time period.
post #36 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I'm normally between a 9 and a 9.5 in U.S. sizing. I can wear most 9s, in terms of length, but the toebox tends to squeeze a bit too much and I end up going to a 9.5. Suggestions on my size in Grensons?

Thanks, guys.
Definitely a 9 1/2, amybe even a 10 if you are between sizes some times.
post #37 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabert
Jeez, I didn't think this day would come - -I figured all the remaining Grenson Masterpieces were long gone, presumably sold off in sales in the UK.

Fortunately for those who bought last time we already know what our size is! At least one of the pairs I bought last time -- a fantastic pair of black tassel loafers -- has the Paul Stuart label inside and on the bottom.

I also thought this day would never come and had given up hope of the Grenson shipment ever arriving. I've been averaging one new pair of shoes every month for the past 16 months. Nothing like aportnoy's acquisition rate, but my need for shoes is considerably less than it was at this time last year. Nonetheless, few of my shoes are Grenson masterpiece quality and can become "beater" shoes if I can buy a few Grenson's.

Chris, I own a Grenson Stowe in UK size 11E and it's a little loose. I'm normally between a US 11.5D and 12D, with 12D usually being more comfortable (so I have an Edward Green handgrade, on the 337 last, in *US* size 11.5D that fits very well). What size would you recommend? Since I'll actually be in Atlanta at the end of March, would you recommend stopping by the store to have my foot measured (if so, which store?)?
post #38 of 80
Will you get small sizes like 6 or 6.5? TIA !luc
post #39 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
This year at Paul Stuart they had 2 lasts for Masterpieces. One was a traditional rounded toe (think EG 202) and the other was a more chisled toe (think EG 888). The rounded last ran very true to size and I took a 1/2 down on the chisled toe last.

That was my exact experience from the Grensons I bought two years ago -- I bought 6 pairs, all in size 13 (I'm actually a US 12-1/2 C or D). I bought two pairs similar to EG Wigmore that fit perfectly with thin socks, and four pairs that were much looser, such that I put tongue pads in them to tighten up the fit. Two different lasts I assume
post #40 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl6261a
Definitely a 9 1/2, amybe even a 10 if you are between sizes some times.

Doc, definitely a 10.

It sounds like we're roughly the same size for shoes. I have two pairs of the Grenson Masterpieces, one a 9.5C, one a 9.5D. The 9.5D is a little loose, and I should probably get a tounge pad, but it's a summer pair, so it doesn't bother me too much. The 9.5C is a little tight, and I wear it less frequently than I should as a result. You're probably better off with the 9.5Ds, which is my size, so don't buy all of them.
post #41 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
Will you get small sizes like 6 or 6.5?

TIA
!luc

Wow! Last time I was there (2-3 weeks ago) they still had a few Grensons (with French or Henry Maxwell of London labels) in those sizes, at the old $150 price. Even better, they had a number of J&M Handgrades in those sizes for $250; including the "shovel" sole model. You ought to call right away.
post #42 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl6261a
Definitely a 9 1/2, amybe even a 10 if you are between sizes some times.
I assume you are suggesting a US size here not a UK size, which would require dropping down a 1/2 or 1 size. Will these Grensons, then, be sized in the US sizes (since they were presumably at Paul Stuart) or in the UK system?
post #43 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123
Doc, definitely a 10.

It sounds like we're roughly the same size for shoes. I have two pairs of the Grenson Masterpieces, one a 9.5C, one a 9.5D. The 9.5D is a little loose, and I should probably get a tounge pad, but it's a summer pair, so it doesn't bother me too much. The 9.5C is a little tight, and I wear it less frequently than I should as a result. You're probably better off with the 9.5Ds, which is my size, so don't buy all of them.

I'll leave you some if you'll leave me some. You can have all the black ones.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.
post #44 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
I assume you are suggesting a US size here not a UK size, which would require dropping down a 1/2 or 1 size. Will these Grensons, then, be sized in the US sizes (since they were presumably at Paul Stuart) or in the UK system?
Until I actually see the inventory, I have to be honest, the sizing is ? is not one I can answer, if in fact they are the PS inventory, then yes they will be in US sizing, as to the available sizes in the smaller inventory, I am not sure, but I understand there are a few, but not as many as the last batch we received....I will say our understanidn is that from 8 1/2 to 10 there is roughly 25 or so pairs per size, roughly, so the middle line sizes are going to hopefully have a very reasonable selection to choose from. Let's just see, I hope they get here sooner than later though.
post #45 of 80
Chris,
Do you think you can do the same with the remaining J&M handmades? Post pics and prices for internet sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: B&S Archive
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Grenson