or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Comprehensive List of Links to High-End Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comprehensive List of Links to High-End Shoes - Page 16

post #226 of 454
www.timlittle.com

Also to note..Mr. Tim Little is as of January 2005 the CEO of Grenson
which I am sure manufactures his own personal line..Grenson's new Rushden
Range will be in Bloomingdale's in NY and Atlanta and the more upscale Rose
line will debut at Bergdorf's for fall.

navysuede
post #227 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejsek View Post
Wow, centipede, what don't you have tucked away on your site! I never would have imagined such clear historical precedent for the G&G shoe.
And I especially liked this, the 1905 C&J crocodile derby marked b here: http://centipede.web.fc2.com/CATALOG/OMAKE2/2007.jpg
Please continue to honor us with your posts.


The Japanese sure are at the forefront/cutting edge of shoe development.
post #228 of 454
I think that Johnston & Murphy should be on this list. Fantastic shoes!
post #229 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
I think that Johnston & Murphy should be on this list. Fantastic shoes!
I respectfully disagree. J&M used to be very good, but they just don't make high-end shoes anymore.
post #230 of 454
I am really appreciative of you posting this catalog of links to high end mens shoes. For someone that owns approximately 200, I thought I'd seen it all, but this has really been an eye opening experience to and accessory that I love, especially the images on imageshack.

It must have taken you quite some time to assemble a listing of this quality. Obviously you share a passion for shoes as well. My hat is off to you and this wonderful contribution to this forum. I'll refer to it time-and-time-again!
post #231 of 454
Thread Starter 
Raymond Massaro and Koronya added to shoemaker list. SW1 and Upper Shoes added to the retailer list. Courtesy of RJman, TKDkid and Marcell.
post #232 of 454
VR the Maftei link seems not to work anymore? Can you please check and fix it? www.maftei.at ...and please change it to Maftei of Vienna. Thanks
post #233 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart View Post
Raymond Massaro and Koronya added to shoemaker list. SW1 and Upper Shoes added to the retailer list. Courtesy of RJman, TKDkid and Marcell.

Von Rothbart, it is a honour to have been added to the retailer list! Thank you very much. Thank you very much also to Rjman for having suggested it. I would just make a precisation on the shoes we sell.

We have two distinct lines:

- the "Northamptonshire" line which is manufactured, as the name suggest, in Northamptonshire and the styles of which are strictly in the british tradition;

- the "Grandi Maestri Italiani" ("Great Italian Masters") line which is manufactured in Italy and the styles of which are mostly replicas of Italian bespoke masterpieces of the collections of myself and my partner.

I would be extremely grateful if you could transfuse this in the reference to our site. On our part we will make our best to insert English in as much as possible descriptions on our site. Kindest regards and thank you very upfront. Fra
post #234 of 454
Alfred Sargent
Oxford
Code: Aldeburgh
Price: $425.00
Quantity in Basket: none
Aldeburgh
Black Calf
Last: 104 Fitting US D
Sole: Leather
Us 8D, 8.5D, 9D, 10D, 10.5D, 11D, 11.5D, 12D.

\t
\t

Edward Green
Price: $975.00
Quantity in Basket: none
In Stock Russell
Last: 82
Colourark oak & Black
Fitting D & E

Dark oak Us 9.5E
Black Us 8.5D, 9D, 10.5D, 11D, 11.5D
Dark oak Us 8.5D, 9D, 9.5D, 10.5D, 11D, 11.5D.

\t Man in need of help Quick!!!

Recently I was recommended by a Style Forum chatter on the matter of high end shoes. Sky Valet shoes in Georgetown was recommended. I went to check them out and I found them very helpful and a keen knowledge of shoes. He knew more than I had ever known about fitting and leather quality. I ended up with the two above, I liked most. What I need is a senior member in shoe Style land with knowledge of the two to help me decide. This is for formal as well as casual dress.

P.S. I wasn't able to load the picks. The site is www.skyvalet.com
\t Under Alfred Sargent and Edward Green

Thanks for the big help Jamo41
post #235 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. Myhre View Post
Since the shoe is a single piece of leather, except for the tounge, the lining also is.


Truly gorgeous, is there some physical fabrication reason other than the piece of leather was too small that you could not make the tongue out of the one original piece as well?
post #236 of 454
Capt Ron,
Thank you for your support and interest.
As you can see the quarters are overlapping the tongue, that is the reason why this piece had to be cut out and sewn in separately.

Yours truly
Jan P. Myhre
post #237 of 454
I really like that, although I would prefer no toe cap.

If you take a look at any standard american plain toe blucher, they are in effect wholecuts except they are slit so quarters can be inserted. You could say that the design we normally associate with wholecuts are bals, while this below is the blucher version

post #238 of 454
BTW Altan Bottier has launched a separate site dedicated to its bespoke:

http://www.altanbottier-surmesure.com/index.swf

kthxbai
post #239 of 454
hey please add a new name too"swatimodo"

maybe i make it big someday too..?
post #240 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo41 View Post
Alfred Sargent
Oxford
Code: Aldeburgh
Price: $425.00
Quantity in Basket: none
Aldeburgh
Black Calf
Last: 104 Fitting US D
Sole: Leather
Us 8D, 8.5D, 9D, 10D, 10.5D, 11D, 11.5D, 12D.

\t
\t

Edward Green
Price: $975.00
Quantity in Basket: none
In Stock Russell
Last: 82
Colourark oak & Black
Fitting D & E

Dark oak Us 9.5E
Black Us 8.5D, 9D, 10.5D, 11D, 11.5D
Dark oak Us 8.5D, 9D, 9.5D, 10.5D, 11D, 11.5D.

\t Man in need of help Quick!!!

Recently I was recommended by a Style Forum chatter on the matter of high end shoes. Sky Valet shoes in Georgetown was recommended. I went to check them out and I found them very helpful and a keen knowledge of shoes. He knew more than I had ever known about fitting and leather quality. I ended up with the two above, I liked most. What I need is a senior member in shoe Style land with knowledge of the two to help me decide. This is for formal as well as casual dress.

P.S. I wasn't able to load the picks. The site is www.skyvalet.com
\t Under Alfred Sargent and Edward Green

Thanks for the big help Jamo41

Aram's site for his store in Georgetown should be www.skyvalet1.com

Great selection and very helpful. He's located next to Field's English tailor's!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Comprehensive List of Links to High-End Shoes