or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › V for Vendetta
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V for Vendetta

post #1 of 50
Thread Starter 
Any comics fans out there looking forward to V for Vendetta?
post #2 of 50
Undecided. I think it's going to be very good or very bad. Natalie Portman is always a pleasure, but I dislike the W brothers (too lazy to look up the proper spelling).

I guess I'm a recovering comics reader (10 years clean), but V is one of the ones I revisit and have shared with several friends. I think a small group of us will go together just from our love for the original story.
post #3 of 50
I read Watchmen, but I never got around to V. I've heard bad things about it (Moore hating it, etc). I suppose we'll see. Well, I won't. I'll wait. Other people will, though.
post #4 of 50
I'm looking forward to seeing Natalie Portman shaved clean.
post #5 of 50
now, see, that just makes me feel all kinds of dirty.
post #6 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I read Watchmen, but I never got around to V. I've heard bad things about it (Moore hating it, etc). I suppose we'll see. Well, I won't. I'll wait. Other people will, though.

Moore's main complaints were mostly trivial to be honest.

However, given the fact that the W's are associated with this, AND the fact that nothing of Alan Moore has ever been translated to film properly (the only good book to video adaptation I can think of is the JLU episode of "For the Man Who Has Everything"), and the fact that they've changed some of the themes to overplay the Guy Fawkes connection, makes me think that this will be a let down.
post #7 of 50
Hugo Weaving will make it better.
post #8 of 50
I don't know what Moore's complaints were. I avoided them as I assumed they'd include spoilers, and I intend to read the graphic novel before seeing the movie. I must say, though, most of what I've heard coming out of advance screenings (filtering out the fanboys complaining that Tom Bombadil wasn't in it) has been quite high praise.
post #9 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
now, see, that just makes me feel all kinds of dirty.
were functioning on a similar level Andrew
post #10 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
now, see, that just makes me feel all kinds of dirty.

I like feeling dirty...

Jon.
post #11 of 50
pictures?
post #12 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I don't know what Moore's complaints were. I avoided them as I assumed they'd include spoilers, and I intend to read the graphic novel before seeing the movie.

I must say, though, most of what I've heard coming out of advance screenings (filtering out the fanboys complaining that Tom Bombadil wasn't in it) has been quite high praise.

His too big complaints were that the producers assumed that the British breakfast "eggy in basket" were the same as the American "eggs in a basket", and that they had a British Courier service called FEDCo (like our FEDEx), because the UK isn't Federalist, but the US is.

Seriously, those were his two most vocal complaints.
post #13 of 50
Oo...k. Maybe this'll be fine.
post #14 of 50
post #15 of 50
khakis. why khakis?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › V for Vendetta