or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manhattan Sales Alert!! - Page 357

post #5341 of 5435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brlee898 View Post
 

Looks like 10 to 9

 

I got the info from rackd as well. Info is sparse and the way everyone was talking to me I think they thought I was a client of some sort instead of a cheapskate fuccboi sample sale minion. 

 

They probably sent a newsletter out to their MTO clients in NYC that made its way to racked. 

 

Pants - $100

Wool pants - $150

Polos - $50

Long sleeve polos - $75

jackets - $250

 

Cash only. 

 

That's all I remember. That and the cashier's smile, anyways. She probably thinks I had autism cause I was just staring at her and making her repeat everything twice. Italian accents can be tricky. 

post #5342 of 5435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariokartfever View Post

I got the info from rackd as well. Info is sparse and the way everyone was talking to me I think they thought I was a client of some sort instead of a cheapskate fuccboi sample sale minion. 

They probably sent a newsletter out to their MTO clients in NYC that made its way to racked. 

Pants - $100
Wool pants - $150
Polos - $50
Long sleeve polos - $75
jackets - $250

Cash only. 

That's all I remember. That and the cashier's smile, anyways. She probably thinks I had autism cause I was just staring at her and making her repeat everything twice. Italian accents can be tricky. 

Thanks for making me LOL. Rarely happens on SF.

Can hopefully check this out on my lunch break tomorrow. Will report back with any additional details.
post #5343 of 5435
@gdl203 No Man Walks Alone is doing a clearance sale today and tomorrow. Don't think they want the details publicized openly in the forum, but PM if you want address and times.
post #5344 of 5435
The details of the sale have been written up on various blogs. This is not a secret sale.
post #5345 of 5435
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

The details of the sale have been written up on various blogs. This is not a secret sale.
Oh OK. I haven't seen it in any threads I frequent yet and didn't want to post it if they didn't want it posted on the forums. They could have been harvesting emails for their newsletter.
post #5346 of 5435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariokartfever View Post

Nice slowear sample sale (Incotex, Montedoro, Glanshirt, Zanone) at 501 Madison btw 52 and 53, 24th floor. Decent selection of sample sizes (lots of 34 pants, 48 and 50 jackets) and lots of shirts. Cashier is also super cute. 

Did you see any of the casentino wool outerwear? They had a jacket I thought was pretty great.

Also, if anyone goes to the No Man Walks Alone could you PM me if you happen to see any EIDOS/rough discount off retail? Slash if there's anything in a 40S. I'm not certain I'll be able to make it but want some sweet sweet Eidos
post #5347 of 5435
There was quite a bit of Eidos. I did not focus is on it since i can't swing the fit so I don't know the prices. Maybe someone else can chime in.
post #5348 of 5435
Quote:
Originally Posted by pi34 View Post


Did you see any of the casentino wool outerwear? They had a jacket I thought was pretty great.

Also, if anyone goes to the No Man Walks Alone could you PM me if you happen to see any EIDOS/rough discount off retail? Slash if there's anything in a 40S. I'm not certain I'll be able to make it but want some sweet sweet Eidos

 

Eidos jackets were going for $500, tax included

 

There were plenty of sizes but I wasn't looking for 40s so I didn't see any. 

 

No outwear at the slowear sample sale. 

post #5349 of 5435
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

There was quite a bit of Eidos. I did not focus is on it since i can't swing the fit so I don't know the prices. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariokartfever View Post

Eidos jackets were going for $500, tax included

There were plenty of sizes but I wasn't looking for 40s so I didn't see any. 

No outwear at the slowear sample sale. 

Ah awesome. Thanks. I appreciate it. I'll check it out if I have a chance, but EIDOS (as lovely as it is and as worth the money that it is) at $500/coat isn't an outrageous deal by any means. I imagine it's a bit cheaper at the brand sale.

Oh not a sale but the saks off fifth in Garden City NY (maybe diff town but that'll get you the right one) had two Tom Ford belts for 40% off. Seems like a decent deal for luxury leather goods.






I'll stick with my two Corthays I managed to snag for $120 a pop.
Edited by pi34 - 5/13/16 at 2:22pm
post #5350 of 5435

Oh the Saks Off 5th in Manhattan has a whole table of Brioni shirts [new folded with boxes] for ~$175-$225 a pop IIRC.  Seemed to have plenty of sizes and blue/white shirts.  They also have a whole mess of Brioni staple suits for like $3000 or $4000 BOGO 

post #5351 of 5435
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedDx View Post

Caruso for under $400? Would never have thought they would go for the same price of Boss...


You can already hear the average Joe saying that he's gonna upgrade by going from Caruso to Boss.


Basically buying a fused thrash bag instead of a full canvas suit.
post #5352 of 5435
Quote:
Originally Posted by pi34 View Post

Oh the Saks Off 5th in Manhattan has a whole table of Brioni shirts [new folded with boxes] for ~$175-$225 a pop IIRC.  Seemed to have plenty of sizes and blue/white shirts.  They also have a whole mess of Brioni staple suits for like $3000 or $4000 BOGO 

the saks of fifth usually do have decent stuff, I think I saw some RLBL in 36 for under 600 (suit, not just jacket)
post #5353 of 5435
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post


the saks of fifth usually do have decent stuff, I think I saw some RLBL in 36 for under 600 (suit, not just jacket)

 

Yeah - the prices in the Manhattan store aren't as good as some of their others.  It seems more akin to the location in Harriman NY where prices can be a little higher than the end of year sales they have at the main store.  I bought a bunch when they opened the store, but I haven't since.  My size is somewhat atypical.

 

What I've noticed with them is take an ISAIA suit.  They will sell at Saks during consolidation/NYE/end of year sales for ~$1100.  When they go to Saks Off 5th, they typically list for $1350-$1500 or $2500 BOGO.

 

They also have a lot of special edition tramezza Ferragamos currently as well as some nice standard lace ups for $300-$350.  None in 9-9.5 though IIRC and they were like only ~50% off... not fantastic deals, but pretty good for not-wild shoes.

post #5354 of 5435
Anyone swing by the Hickey Freeman/Soiffer Haskin sale yet? Curious if they have any of their mahogany suit lines on sale. Speaking of which, is the new yellow tagged HF suits comparable to their mahogany suits?
post #5355 of 5435
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedDx View Post

Anyone swing by the Hickey Freeman/Soiffer Haskin sale yet? Curious if they have any of their mahogany suit lines on sale. Speaking of which, is the new yellow tagged HF suits comparable to their mahogany suits?

Curious about this too. Wondering if it's still worth swinging by tomorrow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!