or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manhattan Sales Alert!! - Page 356

post #5326 of 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

Kiton sample sale going on at Soiffer Haskin. Today was 75% off of retail, and I imagine it'll be 85% on Wednesday when it closes. From what I saw, a lot of sport coats, outerwear and accessories. Shoe and shirt selection were mediocre. Suit and accessory selection were poor. Nothing above a three fold tie.

I also got into an argument with the annoying woman who worked there that really soured my desire to give those people any money.

Me - "Can you point me in the direction of the 40 longs?"
Her - "No one wears long anymore. Very out of style. Who wears a long?"
Me - "Someone who is 6'4" and wants clothing to fit him."

Then she got all mouthy. I've been to many sample sales in my life--her behavior was honestly a bit shocking.
anything worth spending money on there?
post #5327 of 5359
If Kiton fits you, yes. There were some gorgeous sport coats and outwear.
post #5328 of 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

If Kiton fits you, yes. There were some gorgeous sport coats and outwear.

 

Recall seeing any 50C in the sport coats?  May run in to try to check that out.  Is the last day Weds or Thurs?

post #5329 of 5359
There are zero. It jumped from 48 R to 50 R. I combed through all three racks containing 50 in hopes of finding the secret 50 L, which never happened. Last day is Weds at 5 PM if my memory isn't failing me.
post #5330 of 5359
No 36/46 then?
post #5331 of 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

No 36/46 then?

Think I saw a few 36, but I didn't really scope down that far since it's not my size.
post #5332 of 5359
Lots of Isaia at Century 21 WTC. Staple suits were $1200 and many included the Isaia wooden hanger. Seemed to be a lot of sizes.
post #5333 of 5359
Marinella ties for 99 at myhabit
post #5334 of 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPorterBot View Post

Woolrich Sample Sale in NYC is stocked way better than previous ones
Got a $3000 Made In Italy Loro Piana Storm System Parka for $350
McNairy derbys and boots for $200
All fur parkas $350 (most made in eastern europe or china)
Tons of MIUSA blanket coats, shirt jackets






Being a good neighbor.
post #5335 of 5359
How's Loro Piana sample sale (past experience tells me not much discount but I can always hope)
post #5336 of 5359
@clee1982 I thought Loro Piana was pretty terrible. Most stuff is 30% off retail, and the bolts were INSANELY expensive. The retail price on the bolts seems to be double what I'd pay at a tailor. Some cool stuff, but the price point is just way off. I've also never seen Soifer Haskin so popular, so there was that.

Conversely, the Maiyet sample sale that ended today was insanely good. Bought stuff for my girlfriend and mother. $600 tops for $12.50. No typo.
post #5337 of 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

@clee1982 I thought Loro Piana was pretty terrible. Most stuff is 30% off retail, and the bolts were INSANELY expensive. The retail price on the bolts seems to be double what I'd pay at a tailor. Some cool stuff, but the price point is just way off. I've also never seen Soifer Haskin so popular, so there was that.

Conversely, the Maiyet sample sale that ended today was insanely good. Bought stuff for my girlfriend and mother. $600 tops for $12.50. No typo.

glad I didn't waste my time then, I should pay more attention to women's sample sale to keep my wife happy though, good call my friend
post #5338 of 5359

Nice slowear sample sale (Incotex, Montedoro, Glanshirt, Zanone) at 501 Madison btw 52 and 53, 24th floor. Decent selection of sample sizes (lots of 34 pants, 48 and 50 jackets) and lots of shirts. Cashier is also super cute. 

post #5339 of 5359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariokartfever View Post
 

Nice slowear sample sale (Incotex, Montedoro, Glanshirt, Zanone) at 501 Madison btw 52 and 53, 24th floor. Decent selection of sample sizes (lots of 34 pants, 48 and 50 jackets) and lots of shirts. Cashier is also super cute. 

Do you know what time they close or where I could get the information?

post #5340 of 5359

Looks like 10 to 9

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!