Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Sportcoat Fit question Last post on 9/14/11 at 5:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Allowances for alterations to tailored clothing Last post on 6/17/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Hickey by Hickey Freeman on Gilt, $400... worth it? Last post on 9/26/11 at 10:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Manhattan Sales Alert!! - Page 340post #5086 of 51687/18/14 at 2:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5087 of 51687/19/14 at 7:42ampost #5088 of 51688/1/14 at 2:30pmpost #5089 of 51688/1/14 at 3:07pmpost #5090 of 51688/1/14 at 5:18pmpost #5091 of 51688/2/14 at 11:49ampost #5092 of 51688/18/14 at 9:15ampost #5093 of 51688/21/14 at 7:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mariokartfever
Anyone been to a barney's sale? How out of hand do these get?
Stopped by today. Nothing great, it's kind of a Barney's Warehouse outlet in the city...if you've ever been Woodbury or Bergen County outlet.
Some ralph lauren black label suits/blazers and then a ton of Barney's house brand stuff. Some Drake's for Barney scarves for $100, but the patterns weren't anything exciting. Some Incotex trousers for $159 or so. Ties, socks and shirts were pretty much Barney's house brand.
I saw one pair of Alden brown suede chukkas with a commando sole in size 11 B/D for $199, which was probably the coolest thing. Not my size, and I don't think I could flip those for much anyway, but if they were my size, probably would have picked them up.
Supposedly they are getting new stuff each day, but there was no line so if you're around the area, probably worth just checking it out. Personally, I thought the Gilt Warehouse sale was better this past spring. I picked up some Tricker's for $95 and almost grabbed some Ferragamo Tramezzas for $199.post #5094 of 51688/21/14 at 8:02pmpost #5095 of 51688/22/14 at 5:04ampost #5096 of 51688/22/14 at 7:32ampost #5097 of 51688/22/14 at 7:57ampost #5098 of 51688/22/14 at 8:49ampost #5099 of 51688/27/14 at 8:18pm
Stopped by the Barney's sale while passing through briefly in town: in 42R there's a couple of Battistoni, Campagna, and Zegna sportscoats for $821 ($1095 minus 25% off the lowest marked price), as well as a navy linen RLBL. Just glanced at the other sizes, but there's a nice navy Battistoni in 40R and a blue chalk stripe Isaia suit for $821 in 46L. Ties are all $39, including Seaward & Stern. Didn't see any Crockett & Jones in the shoe section, or Kiton in the shirt section. There were a few Isaia mixed among the sports shirts. In the orange tag section, there were a few Simonot-Godard linen/cotton pocket squares for $19. Ended up buying a 100% cashmere pair of long black socks for $36 and 100% cotton Italian socks for ~$7. They were very few of the pure cashmeres; most of the socks were mixes.
Edited by CrimsonSox - 8/28/14 at 7:37pmpost #5100 of 51688/28/14 at 6:04am
- Manhattan Sales Alert!!
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 9 minutes ago
- › New Fjallraven No 21 Rucksack Backpack in uncle blue, Laptop bag,... 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 15 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 15 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 minutes ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 17 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...