or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manhattan Sales Alert!! - Page 315

post #4711 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

No one went to the Net-a-Porter/Mr Porter sale? No change rooms so half-naked NY chicks changing in the aisles and fighting over clothes. 


lefty 

Link? Didnt see any posts online
post #4712 of 5092

Quote:

Originally Posted by allaboutshoes View Post

Link? Didnt see any posts online

 

This.

post #4713 of 5092
Looks to be a staff sample sale. Very under the radar, as I'm sure they wanted.

http://instagram.com/p/WXUY1EzhHv/
post #4714 of 5092

Yeah, it was a staff and F&F thing. Lots of damaged shit (or maybe that's how McQueen is supposed to look), but enough decent stuff to walk away happy.  

 

Deals were flying at the end. Lobbs for 8% of retail was kinda sweet.

 

lefty

post #4715 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Yeah, it was a staff and F&F thing. Lots of damaged shit (or maybe that's how McQueen is supposed to look), but enough decent stuff to walk away happy.  

Deals were flying at the end. Lobbs for 8% of retail was kinda sweet.


lefty

Is it over? When did it start/finish?! baldy[1].gif
post #4716 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Yeah, it was a staff and F&F thing. Lots of damaged shit (or maybe that's how McQueen is supposed to look), but enough decent stuff to walk away happy.  

Deals were flying at the end. Lobbs for 8% of retail was kinda sweet.


lefty

Nice. What did you end up getting and how did you get invited to the sale?
post #4717 of 5092

Couple of things. Probably resell.

 

leftette and I received invite.

 

lefty

post #4718 of 5092

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Couple of things. Probably resell.

 

leftette and I received invite.

 

lefty

 

Alright for some! Not that jealous as I'm not in NY.. If something like this were to happen in London though..

post #4719 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Yeah, it was a staff and F&F thing. Lots of damaged shit (or maybe that's how McQueen is supposed to look), but enough decent stuff to walk away happy.  

Deals were flying at the end. Lobbs for 8% of retail was kinda sweet.


lefty

Lobbs for 8% of retail? What / how many pairs did you get and what size?
post #4720 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

Quote:

Alright for some! Not that jealous as I'm not in NY.. If something like this were to happen in London though..

This did happen in London a few weeks back - there were some absolute steals to be had....I literally just sent off items sold on the bay this morning. Best thing was the staff there were so tired that they made a mistake on the pricing and ended up getting the stuff at give away prices!
post #4721 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

Lobbs for 8% of retail? What / how many pairs did you get and what size?

 

Just a pair for myself. Don't quite fit. FS below.

 

lefty

post #4722 of 5092
Anyone check this out? http://www.thechoosybeggar.com/2013/03/hickey-freeman-warehouse-sale-4/

Hickey Freeman sale at Soiffer Haskin.

The last sale they had (not at SH though) was crazy. Biggest selection at a sample sale I've seen and prices dropped at lot by the last day. I stocked up on conservative basics and a greater winter weight car coat that I wear every day to work for ~$175. Not sure how it will be at Soiffer Haskin though.

Let me know if anyone stops by to check it out. SH is kind of a hike for me to get to and only want to make the trip if it's worth it.
post #4723 of 5092
No one, eh? Oh well, I probably don't need any more sport coats.
post #4724 of 5092
I thought about it, but I'm an East Side denizen (work and home) and Soiffer Haskin just feels like a trek. Especially considering the brand is on discount everywhere—all the time.
post #4725 of 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC View Post

I thought about it, but I'm an East Side denizen (work and home) and Soiffer Haskin just feels like a trek. Especially considering the brand is on discount everywhere—all the time.

Yeah Soiffer Haskin is a huge pain for me too. It's usually on discount but had some particularly good deals last time by the final day, so just wanted to check if there was going to be a repeat of that. Guess not, sadly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!