or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manhattan Sales Alert!! - Page 307

post #4591 of 5100

Considering these are new, not seconds and are current, what price would people think is 'good' for a suit or sportcoat or tie or whichever item?

Not saying it is impossible to do better but how much merchandise of the same ilk can be found for significantly less?

I see complaints about some of the cheaper sellers(lesser lines, not current by many seasons, etc.) and now I see that these prices are nothing special.

So what is a good(and somewhat attainable, not the once every 2 years for one person in a size that is 3 sigma out)price for what is 900-1000 at this sale?

20% less....?

And I am asking this, generally, for any higher end brand, not just Isaia. I am about as much as stickler on price as anyone(for dollar items to moonshot toys)so I have my own feelings on it all

but so much apathy surprises me a bit.

post #4592 of 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgest View Post

Don't sleep on the boots at the Isaia sale. I got a pair of great shearling-lined Norwegian welt suede boots for $200. Very happy with the value on these.

Grabbed a pair of these as well and they are great.

They also have racks of Coralorosso suits for $295. Not sure if it's a slimmer fit or what though - I tried on an EU52 jacket that fit great but the pants that go with them fit like leggings...
post #4593 of 5100
pics from you guys with the isaia boots?
post #4594 of 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post

Grabbed a pair of these as well and they are great.
They also have racks of Coralorosso suits for $295. Not sure if it's a slimmer fit or what though - I tried on an EU52 jacket that fit great but the pants that go with them fit like leggings...

Was it that navy glen plaid with the peak lapels? Really wanted to pick that up just to wear as a sport coat.
post #4595 of 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by stant62 View Post

Was it that navy glen plaid with the peak lapels? Really wanted to pick that up just to wear as a sport coat.

It was a light grey solid with notch lapels. I saw the glen plaid with peak lapels as well though. Looked really good.
post #4596 of 5100
Anyone now of anything happening this weekend? Thanks.
post #4597 of 5100
This is about 95% women's clothing, but Racked published this: http://ny.racked.com/archives/2012/11/14/november_sample_sales.php#more
post #4598 of 5100
Anyone get a chance to swing by the Isaia sale today? Prices stay the same or drop? Still normal sizes left? Was thinking of swinging by tomorrow or Fri and was curious. Thanks in advance.
post #4599 of 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by PL92106 View Post

Anyone get a chance to swing by the Isaia sale today? Prices stay the same or drop? Still normal sizes left? Was thinking of swinging by tomorrow or Fri and was curious. Thanks in advance.
same dont think it will drop
post #4600 of 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by PL92106 View Post

Anyone get a chance to swing by the Isaia sale today? Prices stay the same or drop? Still normal sizes left? Was thinking of swinging by tomorrow or Fri and was curious. Thanks in advance.

 

This is the news I got in an email sent this morning by the sample sale organizers:

 

"NEW SHIPMENT OF SMALL AND LARGE SIZED SUITING. WIDE ASSORTMENT OF CUTS, COLORS, AND PATTERNS IN LARGER SIZES!"

post #4601 of 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post


same dont think it will drop


It didn't drop last time. In fact, there was a lot of stuff at the sale that was there then, too.

post #4602 of 5100
So when will the merchandise start hitting B&S and ebay?
post #4603 of 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrv123 View Post

So when will the merchandise start hitting B&S and ebay?

 

The prices won't be better than they were at the sale... If you're in NY, I would recommend going to the sale as opposed to waiting for the stuff to hit B&S.

 

I missed the last sale because it was on the day I was moving out of NY frown.gif These sales really make me miss the place.. 

post #4604 of 5100
J. Press sale started today. Nothing special unless you need a crazier (madras, tweed, tartan, etc.) J. Press jacket. I got there right when it opened and picked up a few things - black watch jacket, a few OCBDs, some scarves, and a bag. The only Shaggy Dog sweaters they had were in the damaged section, and all of them were damaged enough that I wouldn't have paid $25 for them (or whatever they cost - it was something like that). They had a few Grenfell jackets for $300 or so but no idea if they are still there.

The rule was 50% off all shirts and 70% off everything else. The sale was also in a slightly smaller area than it was last go around.

If anyone went later in the day, let us know what was left or if they are restocking. I got there right when it opened and was one of the first few in the door.
post #4605 of 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post

J. Press sale started today. Nothing special unless you need a crazier (madras, tweed, tartan, etc.) J. Press jacket. I got there right when it opened and picked up a few things - black watch jacket, a few OCBDs, some scarves, and a bag. The only Shaggy Dog sweaters they had were in the damaged section, and all of them were damaged enough that I wouldn't have paid $25 for them (or whatever they cost - it was something like that). They had a few Grenfell jackets for $300 or so but no idea if they are still there.
The rule was 50% off all shirts and 70% off everything else. The sale was also in a slightly smaller area than it was last go around.
If anyone went later in the day, let us know what was left or if they are restocking. I got there right when it opened and was one of the first few in the door.

Where is this again? Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!