or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manhattan Sales Alert!! - Page 278

post #4156 of 5006

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster View Post

I haven't seen anything on the Barney's Warehouse sale this year. The site seems to have last year's dates showing. It's not this weekend is it?


My bank account hopes not. I spent about $6,000 in the last one and still regret leaving some stuff behind.

post #4157 of 5006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballmouse View Post

http://www.barneys.com/Barneys-New-York-Warehouse-Sale/WAREHOUSE_SALE,default,pg.html

Those dates are for 2012.

Ok, I swear they just posted that!

facepalm.gif

Thanks.
post #4158 of 5006
post #4159 of 5006

Not sure if Century 21 near Wall Street is usually packed like a madhouse, but it was today so I assume there was a sale. I saw some nice Hickey and Corneliani SCs in addition to some pinstriped Corneliani suits for $400. Quite a bit of Zanellas were 75% off (not sure if it was off the tag price of $109, which would have made them ~$30).

post #4160 of 5006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballmouse View Post

Not sure if Century 21 near Wall Street is usually packed like a madhouse, but it was today so I assume there was a sale. I saw some nice Hickey and Corneliani SCs in addition to some pinstriped Corneliani suits for $400. Quite a bit of Zanellas were 75% off (not sure if it was off the tag price of $109, which would have made them ~$30).

Thanks, will check it out on Monday.
post #4161 of 5006
Updates on lower Manhattan (W14th St. corridor):

I stopped by the SCOOP NYC sale. There was a fair amount of merchandise reasonably priced. If you are a larger dude there were a really nice pair of Paul Smith black brogue boots for <$230 (US 12). There was also a very nice patch pocket grey tweed field jacket by Dunderdon for about 70% off. The denim was extremely meh, though there was a decent stock of Mason's chinos for around $50/each.

If you cross the street, Massimo Bizzochi is clearing out winter stock. The sales people are really nice (tell them the Asian Brooklyn doc sent you). Minimal selection in smaller sizes though they had a few really beautifully pieces in 40-42 between 70-80% off. Be sure to inquire about the remaining shoes (Ludwig Reiter in 9-10ish) for a steal.
post #4162 of 5006

Going on at Soiffer Haskin. 

 

Screen Shot 2012-02-11 at 9.03.17 PM.png

post #4163 of 5006

so how good are the bargains at Barneys Warehouse sale ? (like what discount % off full retail)

post #4164 of 5006

Quote:

Originally Posted by pujuma View Post

so how good are the bargains at Barneys Warehouse sale ? (like what discount % off full retail)


The initial sale is good - (just from memory) Kiton ties $100

Markdowns are around 25%

Final day (s) 75%  - I picked up 2 jackets, tag price was $574 & (already marked down, don't know the original) $890 - I paid $72 and $170

post #4165 of 5006
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant View Post

Updates on lower Manhattan (W14th St. corridor):
I stopped by the SCOOP NYC sale. There was a fair amount of merchandise reasonably priced. If you are a larger dude there were a really nice pair of Paul Smith black brogue boots for <$230 (US 12). There was also a very nice patch pocket grey tweed field jacket by Dunderdon for about 70% off. The denim was extremely meh, though there was a decent stock of Mason's chinos for around $50/each.
If you cross the street, Massimo Bizzochi is clearing out winter stock. The sales people are really nice (tell them the Asian Brooklyn doc sent you). Minimal selection in smaller sizes though they had a few really beautifully pieces in 40-42 between 70-80% off. Be sure to inquire about the remaining shoes (Ludwig Reiter in 9-10ish) for a steal.


Thanks. I am going over there to look for a new pair of shoes after work, I live a few blocks away and need to build up my work wardrobe.

 

post #4166 of 5006
Anyone beem to the HF@SF?
post #4167 of 5006
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

Quote:


The initial sale is good - (just from memory) Kiton ties $100

Markdowns are around 25%

Final day (s) 75%  - I picked up 2 jackets, tag price was $574 & (already marked down, don't know the original) $890 - I paid $72 and $170



you mean it starts @ 25% discount, then go up to 75% towards the end ?

If so, then Jesus - sounds like they're trying to squeeze as much $ outta people as possible.

post #4168 of 5006

Speaking of which, I just moved to NYC for a job., Redoing my entire wardrobe so this sale thread is great.

post #4169 of 5006
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post

Speaking of which, I just moved to NYC for a job., Redoing my entire wardrobe so this sale thread is great.



> Redoing my entire wardrobe

 

why redoing ? what happen to the wardrobe ?

post #4170 of 5006
Quote:
Originally Posted by pujuma View Post



> Redoing my entire wardrobe

 

why redoing ? what happen to the wardrobe ?



Never had much of one to begin with besides jeans and stuff. My last job in Santa Monica was jeans, t shirts, etc. NYC Is much more formal.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!