or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manhattan Sales Alert!! - Page 259

post #3871 of 5115
no sales lately? frown.gif
post #3872 of 5115
Loro Piana sale at Soiffer Haskin through this Thursday. Apparently there will be some bolts of fabric as well. If anyone has been love to hear about the selection.
post #3873 of 5115
Sounds like a trip to SH soon.

Although, the LP sales have been quite bad lately.
post #3874 of 5115
And a head's up, SH has Brioni on tap next, starting October 11th.

And in a classy move, LP replaced, free-of-charge, a zipper that I had a problem with on a jacket I purchased at SH. So it's officially an LP sale, the venue just happens to be SH. (When I went into the LP store on Madison, my name showed up in their computer as a customer.)
post #3875 of 5115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

LP sales have been quite bad always.

FTFY
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfred View Post

And a head's up, SH has Brioni on tap next, starting October 11th.
And in a classy move, LP replaced, free-of-charge, a zipper that I had a problem with on a jacket I purchased at SH. So it's officially an LP sale, the venue just happens to be SH. (When I went into the LP store on Madison, my name showed up in their computer as a customer.)

Its a SH sale. LP computers are brought in to process the sales, hence them having your information. SH don't do nothin for free. smile.gif
post #3876 of 5115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

Sounds like a trip to SH soon.
Although, the LP sales have been quite bad lately.

Picked up a Roadster Villa D'Este for a little over half off of retail half off. While I realize that's not a steal, it's cheaper than the prices offered at their outlet, and they never have size smalls at their outlet.

They also had some cashmere sweaters in the upper $200 to low $300 range depending on what you're looking for. There was a ton of fabric, but extremely expensive. I saw a couple, one was $2k for 4 yards, and another (super 190's) was $8k for 4 yards (both were marked down 60% off of said prices). Pretty ridiculous in my opinion, but what do I know.
post #3877 of 5115

Just got back from the Loro Piana sale at Soiffer Haskin.  Decent, although hardly extensive, selection.  Nice, not great, ties.  Some really beautiful shirts.  Very nice pants.  In relation to LP MSRPs, you're looking at 50% off for clothes and 40% accessories.  So, a nice shirt is around $225 plus the $25 alterations.  Cashmere scarves for a mere $650.  Good deals I guess,  but too rich for my blood. 


Edited by Unsanforized - 10/2/11 at 4:26pm
post #3878 of 5115

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsanforized View Post

Just got back from the Loro Piana sale at Soiffer Haskin.  Decent, although hardly extensive, selection.  Nice, not great, ties.  Some really beautiful shirts.  Very nice pants.  In relation to LP MSRPs, you're looking at 50% off for clothes and 40% accessories.  So, a nice shirt is around $225 plus the $25 alterations.  Cashmere scarves for a mere $650.  Good deals I guess,  but too rich for my blood. 


thanks for the info.. now it wont be a wasted $2.25 on the subway.

post #3879 of 5115
Cant say I'm shocked.
post #3880 of 5115


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

Quote:

thanks for the info.. now it wont be a wasted $2.25 on the subway.



Yeah.  I had to work out the disappointment by trawling up 5th Avenue, though I just wound up looking at the same shit at Saks and BG for MSRP.

 

Do you think it's realistic to find LP and the like (Hermes just passed; Brioni is coming up) for much less?

post #3881 of 5115

on the SH website it said Brioni is going to be (up to) 85% off retail!!! i hope that doesnt mean just the socks! 

i wont be in NY for it anyway... good luck to whoever goes there, i hope you get some amazing steals

 

Edit: Screen Shot 2011-10-02 at 8.45.30 PM.png

post #3882 of 5115

Damn.  I'm going to be there at minute one.

 

A general question about these SH sales (and I guess it might apply to something like the Barney's WS).  Over the course of the few days these run, do they

 

1)  Put out additional stock?  That is, do they throttle the selection throughout the sale?

2)  Lower prices further?

 

Thanks!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

on the SH website it said Brioni is going to be (up to) 85% off retail!!! i hope that doesnt mean just the socks! 

i wont be in NY for it anyway... good luck to whoever goes there, i hope you get some amazing steals

 

Edit: Screen Shot 2011-10-02 at 8.45.30 PM.png



 

post #3883 of 5115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsanforized View Post

 

Yeah.  I had to work out the disappointment by trawling up 5th Avenue, though I just wound up looking at the same shit at Saks and BG for MSRP.

 

Do you think it's realistic to find LP and the like (Hermes just passed; Brioni is coming up) for much less?


yes
post #3884 of 5115

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsanforized View Post

1)  Put out additional stock?  That is, do they throttle the selection throughout the sale? YES

2)  Lower prices further? Dunno!!

 

Thanks! 

 

post #3885 of 5115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsanforized View Post

Damn.  I'm going to be there at minute one.

 

A general question about these SH sales (and I guess it might apply to something like the Barney's WS).  Over the course of the few days these run, do they

 

1)  Put out additional stock?  That is, do they throttle the selection throughout the sale?

2)  Lower prices further?

 

Thanks! 

 


yes, they will lower prices as the sale goes on. Of course, not much will be left by the last day, but you run that risk with all sales.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!