or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manhattan Sales Alert!! - Page 249

post #3721 of 5113
I was at Saks taking pictures for the next edition of the walking tour on my blog and saw that Saks had select shoes on sale at 30% off. 3 pairs of kitons (loafer, captoe, wingtip) caught my eye. The retail price was downright exorbitant so I think the sale price was still well north of $1K.

Also popped into Paul Stuart where I was chatting with the older Italian sales rep in the shoe department. He kind of jokingly said at one point that the special edition G&Gs were never going on sale ever

He said it jokingly but I didnt get the sense that it was misinformation either . . .
post #3722 of 5113
^

Yeah, I'm sure this is true. I get the impression from the various G&G vendors that there isn't a whole lot of room to slash prices off retail.
post #3723 of 5113
PS will blow those G&Gs out on sale eventually. Key word - eventually, and whatever is left.
post #3724 of 5113
They must have paid a pretty penny because they seem to hold the G&Gs in very high regard. They have their own little stand to the left of main shoe racks - I think there were only 4 or 5 special edition models.

There is a very nice captoe model with lovely burnishing in what I think is the vintage rioja color - similar to what woe was wearing in the street photo he posted a ways back.

The best color, to me anyway, was the chestnut antique (G&G might have a cooler name for it) on the pair of elastic-side slip ons. Retail $1148.

Paul Stuart seems to be quietly improving their shoe game. G&Gs at the high end. C&Js and Grenson Masterpieces at their $678 mid-point. And an Italian brand with some nice offerings at the lower $300 point. Its still not Leffot but thats a pretty good selection of English shoes.
post #3725 of 5113
Quote:
Paul Stuart seems to be quietly improving their shoe game. G&Gs at the high end. C&Js and Grenson Masterpieces at their $678 mid-point. And an Italian brand with some nice offerings at the lower $300 point. Its still not Leffot but thats a pretty good selection of English shoes.
I've always liked the PS shoe department. You didn't mention Weston, on your last tour installment: oversight?
post #3726 of 5113
^also, they have a sale section.
post #3727 of 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
I've always liked the PS shoe department. You didn't mention Weston, on your last tour installment: oversight?

Honestly - yes. I must have walked right past it. I was trying to remember where the heck Santoni was - and I passed right by that one as well.

So I might need to do a supplement to Part One -to include Lattanzi, Santoni, JM Weston, and perhaps the J Crew mens shop since I think they have some C&Js in there.
post #3728 of 5113
cross-post from Thrift thread:

"FYI for any NYC'ers checking this thread. The Filene's Basements have a bunch of stuff currently: a lot of racks of gross Missoni stuff, some nicer Missoni stuff (blazers, dress/work pants). That's at both Union Square and UWS. The Union Square location also has a ton of Ralph Lauren stuff (mostly polo, but also a few RLBL things as well; almost everything is a Medium or 32 waist)....runs the gamut from pants and shirts to belts and underwear. There's even a couple of 100% cashmere RLBL shirts/sweaters for I think $20, but they are there for a reason: a bunch of holes. Also at Union Sq: a pair of Brioni loafers for size 8.5, selling for $300. [I don't know who makes them], and a bunch of unfinished Oxxford suits and blazers (possibly still around $1000, however).


Oh, and Nordstrom Rack has a Lanvin black velvet blazer (I think 38?) down from $2000 to like $300 right now. "
post #3729 of 5113
Ralph Lauren sale at Soiffer Haskin starting Monday June 6th From the email: Ralph Lauren Men's & Women's  Luxury Apparel & Accessories Cruise, Spring and Summer Collections Monday, June 6th through Thursday, June 9th Monday through Wednesday: 9:00am to 6:30pm Thursday: 9:00am to 5:00pm To be held at: Soiffer Haskin 317 West 33rd Street, NYC (Just west of 8th Avenue)
post #3730 of 5113
^^^^ This is new for them, isn't it? I've been to the Home sale, but this looks different . . .
post #3731 of 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjphillips View Post
Ralph Lauren sale at Soiffer Haskin starting Monday June 6th

From the email:

Ralph Lauren
Men's & Women's
 Luxury
Apparel & Accessories
Cruise, Spring and Summer Collections

Monday, June 6th through Thursday, June 9th
Monday through Wednesday: 9:00am to 6:30pm
Thursday: 9:00am to 5:00pm

To be held at:
Soiffer Haskin
317 West 33rd Street, NYC
(Just west of 8th Avenue)
There was news that they had a huge decrease in merch sold this year thus far... not doing well.
post #3732 of 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post
There was news that they had a huge decrease in merch sold this year thus far... not doing well.

the last time they did RL it was women's only..............this should be interesting.
post #3733 of 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post
^^^^ This is new for them, isn't it? I've been to the Home sale, but this looks different . . .

I'm still mourning a $100 brass lighthouse lamp that I didn't buy at the RL home sale.
post #3734 of 5113
I'm sure the line will be insane ...
post #3735 of 5113
Sounds like it might be good, but you never know . . . I could probably only get there by 8:30 at the earliest.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!