or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manhattan Sales Alert!! - Page 246

post #3676 of 5133
I think it ends today - Friday, 5/6.

I don't want to give the impression that there were racks of stuff in many sizes. The mens section was definitely smaller than the womens area. For whatever reason. But the mens had nice cashmere v-necks in (what I thought) were nice muted moss greens and lilac colors, in addition to v-necks in basic grey and navy colors. The cashmere was listed as $860 or $980, so 80% off brought it to around $170. But there were also v-necks in a nice wool that were $300 or $400 MSRP so the sale price was around $70 or $80. There were also several linen blazers, two button singlebreasted and doublebreasteds in various shades of brown. I think these were around $500 or so. There were also dress shirts, pants, and shorts, although the pants and shorts looked pretty small to my eye.

All in all, I thought these were good prices for BC. Stock was definitely not unlimited, but there was definitely nice stuff to be had. As I mentioned, there was a smaller guy who looked to be a 38 to my eye, he seemed to come away with some nice things. But then I overheard two other slimmer, tallish guys saying nothing fit them and they didnt like what did. So obviously it all depends.

I paid about $350 after tax for a dress shirt, cashmere zip-up and polo shirt. And the receipt said I saved over $1400 off the retail prices
post #3677 of 5133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post
I think it ends today - Friday, 5/6.

I don't want to give the impression that there were racks of stuff in many sizes. The mens section was definitely smaller than the womens area. For whatever reason. But the mens had nice cashmere v-necks in (what I thought) were nice muted moss greens and lilac colors, in addition to v-necks in basic grey and navy colors. The cashmere was listed as $860 or $980, so 80% off brought it to around $170. But there were also v-necks in a nice wool that were $300 or $400 MSRP so the sale price was around $70 or $80. There were also several linen blazers, two button singlebreasted and doublebreasteds in various shades of brown. I think these were around $500 or so. There were also dress shirts, pants, and shorts, although the pants and shorts looked pretty small to my eye.

All in all, I thought these were good prices for BC. Stock was definitely not unlimited, but there was definitely nice stuff to be had. As I mentioned, there was a smaller guy who looked to be a 38 to my eye, he seemed to come away with some nice things. But then I overheard two other slimmer, tallish guys saying nothing fit them and they didnt like what did. So obviously it all depends.

I paid about $350 after tax for a dress shirt, cashmere zip-up and polo shirt. And the receipt said I saved over $1400 off the retail prices

you did well
post #3678 of 5133
yeah, those are GREAT prices for Cucinelli
post #3679 of 5133
Dunno if I was said smallish guy, but I ended up with the last two 38R jackets (@ $400/ea) and two polos (long/short sleeve) along with a pair of nice military pants. Really happy.
post #3680 of 5133
Jay Kos has a moving sale going on in his Park Ave. store. Ties are $75 or 6 for $300, pocket squares are $50, pants are $100, shoes (the ones left at least) are $200, and most other things are 60-70% off.
post #3681 of 5133
was there today. bought three pair of pants and she gave them to me for 225. also had some nice hats on sale.
post #3682 of 5133
any information about the Giorgio Armani sale at SH?
post #3683 of 5133
Quote:
Originally Posted by halpap View Post
any information about the Giorgio Armani sale at SH?

I went this afternoon and was unimpressed. Very small selection of suits, decent selection of sportcoats but hit or miss on sizing. Hardly any shirts. The casual stuff was pretty gaudy. Nice tuxedos though, if in the market. Prices are 80% off retail if you do find something.
post #3684 of 5133
Any idea when the next Paul Stuart sale might be?
post #3685 of 5133
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post
Any idea when the next Paul Stuart sale might be?

Was there last week, an SA told me around June 30th
post #3686 of 5133
Ah, nice, thanks. Wonder what the selection will be like--need a solid blue 2-button suit...
post #3687 of 5133
Need a pair of G&Gs . . .
post #3688 of 5133
When would be the next Isaia sample sale?
post #3689 of 5133
Quote:
Originally Posted by FE-X View Post
Was there last week, an SA told me around June 30th

this is not going to be the SH sale though, just an instore one
post #3690 of 5133
Its been a few years since the last Paul Stuart sale at Soiffer .. . but it was still pretty good. I got a navy blue linen isaia suit for $150.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!