or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Manhattan Sales Alert!! - Page 8

post #106 of 5134
Ah, nothing for me at Beretta either. Almost bought the wife a mink wrap thing, but ended up passing.

Anyone else going to Loro Piana tomorrow?
post #107 of 5134
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123
Anyone else going to Loro Piana tomorrow?


I'm skipping this one. That sound you hear is my wife clapping.
post #108 of 5134
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123
Anyone else going to Loro Piana tomorrow?

?

I thought it started on Saturday?
post #109 of 5134
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203
?

I thought it started on Saturday?

Me too. Invitation only on Saturday, open to the general public on Sunday. At least that's what my invite from LP said.
post #110 of 5134
Ah! The sunny weather just makes me think it's Friday already. Yes, starts Saturday. Planning to show up, and, if questioned, pull the ol' "forgot my invite" trick.

Andrew, my wife is coming WITH this time. Don't know if that's better or worse.
post #111 of 5134
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123
Ah! The sunny weather just makes me think it's Friday already. Yes, starts Saturday. Planning to show up, and, if questioned, pull the ol' "forgot my invite" trick.

Andrew, my wife is coming WITH this time. Don't know if that's better or worse.

I've been on a "this feels like Friday" thing today too. he wife will either cut into your budge tor tell that something looks so goood on you, you have to have it. I know my wife would fall solidly into the former.
post #112 of 5134
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I've been on a "this feels like Friday" thing today too. he wife will either cut into your budge tor tell that something looks so goood on you, you have to have it. I know my wife would fall solidly into the former.

For me, my wife too often falls into the latter grouping. There are some stories for the next get together that still cause me much embarrassment.
post #113 of 5134
Went by Daffy's on Mad Ave at 44th today. Many RLPL loafers, most in larger sizes like 10 or 11. Listed with 450 retail and sale price about a third of that. Some other Polo shoes as well.
post #114 of 5134
I'm going on a field trip to the Met tomorrow. Anything decent in a reasonable (15-25 min) walking distance that I should check out (and directions on how to get there if so)? Short notice I know, but maybe someone will see this.
post #115 of 5134
I tried on the RLPL (purple box at least) penny driving loafers (driving shoe soles). They were pretty darn pointy for pennys. Nice leather though.
post #116 of 5134
How much fabric do you generally need for a suit? I read 2 to 3 yards? How about pants only? Since the width of the fabric is not specified I assume it is all standartized bolt width?
post #117 of 5134
What size suit do you wear or how large are you?
post #118 of 5134
42R suit, 34 waist.
post #119 of 5134
You should ask your tailor first. But four yards should be enough for a 2 piece SB suit.
post #120 of 5134
Quote:
Originally Posted by aybojs
I'm going on a field trip to the Met tomorrow. Anything decent in a reasonable (15-25 min) walking distance that I should check out (and directions on how to get there if so)? Short notice I know, but maybe someone will see this.

re: sales -- I can't say right now. But the Madison Avenue gold coast is all very close. Try the Peter Elliot stores (Peter Elliot for men, shoe store, Barbour store), which start at 81st and Madison, and go south from there. Good hunting.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Manhattan Sales Alert!!