or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Match.com - Page 3

post #31 of 46
Like in real life, most girls on match.com in the Boston MA area are busted up. Tons of groupthink on there as well - I am a simple girl, take me to a Red Sox game, I exercise 4 times a week, don't smoke, drink occasionally, been to Ireland, blah, blah....

Craiglist is more raw... I'm a big girl looking for a threesome.. no picture, no info, all more the mystery and fun.
post #32 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
As opposed to the wonderful catch they had in real life dating? Do you know even one girl who doesn't have at least one bad experience with some weirdo who phones his mom after sex and got caught masturbating to vomit porn?

hey hey hey, what's wrong with vomit porn?
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by pred02 View Post
Like in real life, most girls on match.com in the Boston MA area are busted up. Tons of groupthink on there as well - I am a simple girl, take me to a Red Sox game, I exercise 4 times a week, don't smoke, drink occasionally, been to Ireland, blah, blah....

Craiglist is more raw... I'm a big girl looking for a threesome.. no picture, no info, all more the mystery and fun.

post #34 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
hey hey hey, what's wrong with vomit porn?

Some chicks just can't appreciate pure artistry.
post #35 of 46
OKCupid works the best probably and isn't full of bots compared to other sites. I was successful with it, but yes, there are some real odd ones out there online.
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
my friend has tried match, eharmony, etc, and met nothing but creeps or freaks thus far. i think it's more convenience than quality and probably safer (maybe?) than a single woman trolling bars for potential bf.

I have a friend that's using this right now because she works off-hours at a clinic, and she's had trouble meeting anyone she'd even consider getting serious with. She's a bit above average in looks, good body, etc. She's not being overly picky either. She finds that even when things go well on the phone, when she actually goes out with some of these guys they're just not who they were online and on the phone.

There's just so much that can differ from the expectations you set for someone after interacting with them online and on the phone. Not just looks, but all sorts of other annoying habits that you'd normally notice right away if you had met them irl instead of online. I guess you make it up with the sheer volume of dates you go on, but that's a tiring (and depressing) process. She takes breaks where she basically just gives up on dating. She's been at it for a year. She has met some nice guys, but they all had something wrong with them that was a deal-break.
post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
I have a friend that's using this right now because she works off-hours at a clinic, and she's had trouble meeting anyone she'd even consider getting serious with. She's a bit above average in looks, good body, etc. She's not being overly picky either. She finds that even when things go well on the phone, when she actually goes out with some of these guys they're just not who they were online and on the phone.

There's just so much that can differ from the expectations you set for someone after interacting with them online and on the phone. Not just looks, but all sorts of other annoying habits that you'd normally notice right away if you had met them irl instead of online. I guess you make it up with the sheer volume of dates you go on, but that's a tiring (and depressing) process. She takes breaks where she basically just gives up on dating. She's been at it for a year. She has met some nice guys, but they all had something wrong with them that was a deal-break.

Tell her I'll do her the honour of having dinner with her if she pays. I might even provide sex providing she brings me nice gifts.
post #38 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn View Post
Those dudes don't tend to blow themselves up.

No, they are looking for chicks to blow it for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
I'm sure there are, but they are probably checklist crazy because they can be (cause the attractive ones get asked out by hundreds of guys). Anyway, online dating is too much trouble. First you have to email, then chat, then phone, then actually meet. And even then, you don't know what they really look like, so you could be sorely disappointed. It's so much less trouble the old-fashioned way. If you get rejected you know right away, and you haven't wasted all that time chatting and emailing.

My god man, are YOU really writing this??? Yes, you know alot about rejection but you seem to be the king of dinners/shows/dates and nothing to show for it afterwards, except for the heartfelt appreciation of your "date's" boyfriend/girlfriend for a good doggy bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Can you search for girls that put out on the first date and like to be punched in the stomach?

there are girls that don't
post #39 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by pred02 View Post
Like in real life, most girls on match.com in the Boston MA area are busted up. Tons of groupthink on there as well - I am a simple girl, take me to a Red Sox game, I exercise 4 times a week, don't smoke, drink occasionally, been to Ireland, blah, blah....

Craiglist is more raw... I'm a big girl looking for a threesome.. no picture, no info, all more the mystery and fun.

Ha. A friend introduced me to her sister who lives in Boston - Sox fan, fitness instructor, drank some kind of fruit concoction after one beers, Irish Irish Irish, etc..

She was fun, maybe I should move to Boston for a little while...
post #40 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

My god man, are YOU really writing this??? Yes, you know alot about rejection but you seem to be the king of dinners/shows/dates and nothing to show for it afterwards, except for the heartfelt appreciation of your "date's" boyfriend/girlfriend for a good doggy bag.


d00d, after that chick, and the reaming I got on here for not cutting my losses sooner, I adopted a 0-tolerance stance with teh wimminz. The rewards come strictly after teh sex (but I still like to go to shows). Sex first, then good dinners. Up until sex, the best they get is Panera.
post #41 of 46
Got some pussy off of match.com. Seems to some extent most of the girls on the site are just looking to get laid as well.

I did very well with this site called okcupid.com. Sounds stupid but I did very well there with the ladies and seemed to meet better girls then matchMet my current girlfriend there.

Eharmony was the worst. the whole process is so stupid and never met one person on that site.


But I enjoy online dating more then meeting girls at bars and clubs. Real life I seemed to find the worst ones. Online it's amazing what a few check of the boxes does to the caliber of women.
post #42 of 46
I have not done online dating for a while.... but maybe 3 or 4 years ago i did something called lavalife (saw it advertisted on the subway). I ended up banging some pretty hot chicks that i met on that website.

I have not done online dating in a few years, but i think u can totally get laid pretty easily.

The most important thing is to post some current pictures of yourself. Dont post some pictures that do not look like your current appearance..... Be truthful and accurate (with the pictures).

A few of my girlfriends go on match.com and they tell me that they hate when guys dont look like their picture.

But still.... the most incredible amount of sex i ever was able to get off of an internet site was when i had a myspace page 3 or 4 years ago. I think i slept with at least 20 women who i met on there. But now that i am a few years older, i think myspace is pathetic.
post #43 of 46
I was winked at two nights ago by a drop dead gorgeous girl. So I winked back and wrote a two liner saying she had an interesting profile and that I'd like to chat or phone her. No response. So the next day, I look at her profile and see that she's blocked me. (She obviously hasn't read my posts in CE!). Anyway, the hot ones have probably thousands of guys looking for a one night stand, so they have these strange practices to sort through it all.

The trends are:

Women looking for younger men (i.e. 35 year old looking for 37 to 25 year old man)

MILF's who have an unrealistic wish list for Hubbie #2. These say "Independent mother of 2 looking for strong man who makes me the center of his life, and worships me." Etc. I read some of these and just feel sorry for their exes.

Young 30s girls whose clock is running, looking "soul mate" to copulate with and marry in 2 months or less.

Mid-40s country gals raising horses. Probably with restraining order against ex-husband.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

I was winked at two nights ago by a drop dead gorgeous girl. So I winked back and wrote a two liner saying she had an interesting profile and that I'd like to chat or phone her. No response. So the next day, I look at her profile and see that she's blocked me. (She obviously hasn't read my posts in CE!). Anyway, the hot ones have probably thousands of guys looking for a one night stand, so they have these strange practices to sort through it all.

It's not just the hot ones. Unless you huge and/or revolting you get flooded by messages daily. Have you ever talked to a girl who has been on Match? It's crazy how much crap they got to wade through when reading messages.
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

It's not just the hot ones. Unless you huge and/or revolting you get flooded by messages daily. Have you ever talked to a girl who has been on Match? It's crazy how much crap they got to wade through when reading messages.

I imagine they have to put up with a lot of pre-version. I am using match.com now as a sort of laboratory. Its just too much work to take seriously.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home